PDA

View Full Version : Hud stops working after table change in MTT

DrawMaster
08-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Happened to me 2 times already in multitable tournament. i'm playing at EverestPoker.

Everything goes smoothly until I get moved to another table. Hud dissapears and just can't get it back no matter what I try-

Tried:
- Relaunch hud
- Kill HUD and relaunch
- restart HM

Hands are collected normally, and table browser sees my table. Its just HUD that does not show up.

Using Windows Vista Home Premium without UAC
Holdem Manager : 1.06.02

morny
08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Was this just 1 ocassion or is this happening regularly?

Could you see the Table Manager and was it recognising the table. Did the hands show up in the database?

DrawMaster
09-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Like I said in my original message...

Hands are collected normally, and table browser sees my table. Its just HUD that does not show up.

Tried to play two more MTTs at Everest, and yes it happens every time. After I'm moved from my first table to another, HUD dissapears and does not come back. No matter what I try, it just doesn't show up.

DrawMaster
09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Am I the only one with this problem???

Tried to play MTT in TitanPoker and same thing happened.

This is what I see at table browser window...
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6232/hudproblemgl8.th.jpg (http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hudproblemgl8.jpg)

It seems that hands are still collected normally to the database from iPoker too. Hud just dissapears.

Please help me, should HM even work with MTTs ???

makemydayyo
09-02-2008, 06:52 PM
i have the same problem on everest, it's exactly the same as you described

Parkiet
09-06-2008, 06:56 AM
As a temporary solution: when you get dealt a crappy hand, click the autofold button and close the table. From the lobby you can open the table again and the HUD will pick this up.

Mike chops
09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
I tried to reproduce the crash on an Everest SNG but haven't done so.

I did get moved and as you maybe able to see from the Everest history, there's no information we can use to match up the new table window with the hands. The id is the hand number which is different every time.

The situation at Ipoker is similar. The histories don't have any information about where you moved. For Prima it is even worse - the table has no information you can use to match it to a hand history. The only thing you can do is use the table finder.

HAND time="1220811560" id="3668230987" index="8" blinds="15/30" stakes="30/30"
SEAT position="0" name="pas57" balance="96500"/>
SEAT position="1" name="luca4578" balance="95000"/>
SEAT position="2" name="ruper78" balance="87000"/>
SEAT position="3" name="bozo12" balance="192500"/>
SEAT position="4" name="xx_Mr.Do_xx" balance="47500"/>
SEAT position="5" name="pauldett" balance="81500"/>
DEALER position="1"/>
BLIND position="2" amount="1500" penalty="0"/>
BLIND position="3" amount="3000" penalty="0"/>
HOLE position="2">--</HOLE>
HOLE position="3">--</HOLE>
HOLE position="4">10h</HOLE>
HOLE position="5">--</HOLE>
HOLE position="0">--</HOLE>
HOLE position="1">--</HOLE>
COMMUNITY>Kh</COMMUNITY>
SHOW position="0">Ad, 4s</SHOW>
SHOW position="5">7c, Ah</SHOW>
WIN position="0" amount="83700" pot="0" potAmount="167500"/>
WIN position="5" amount="83800" pot="0" potAmount="167500"/>
/HAND>
HAND time="1220811701" id="3668236265" index="9" blinds="20/40" stakes="40/40"> <SEAT position="1" name="Topsy_Kretts" balance="351000"/>
SEAT position="2" name="siluriste" balance="125000"/>
SEAT position="3" name="BAB...POK" balance="53500"/>
SEAT position="4" name="xx_Mr.Do_xx" balance="47500"/>
SEAT position="5" name="nubkuchen" balance="70500"/>
DEALER position="0"/>
BLIND position="1" amount="2000" penalty="0"/>
BLIND position="2" amount="4000" penalty="0"/>
HOLE position="1">--</HOLE>
HOLE position="3">--</HOLE>

DrawMaster
09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
The only thing you can do is use the table finder.

Yes, already tried that but it didnt seem to work either. Later I noticed I have to use table finder several times.... eventually hud comes back. :)

Its good, but not great. It works anyway.

Parkiet
09-08-2008, 02:51 PM
This reaction surprises me. I didn't go to the details, and I'm not saying you're wrong but:

If you play on Everest and get transferred to another table, the HUD won't pick it up. But it *will* pick it up if you close the window and re-open it. It then get's another id or something?

At iPoker, the XML will have a tag called tablename, which will read like: '$5,000 GP Freezeout, 201111928'. The windowtitle is something like: '$5,000 GP Freezeout - 600/1,200 - 201111928'. so add the blindlevel, use findwindow and you should have it.

But it is possible I am wrong here, as I didn't put much effort in checking things. (Or it is just working differently then I think it does.)

Mike chops
09-08-2008, 03:04 PM
When I got moved on Everest, I did manage to attach the hands using the table finder, but there's no information in the hand history to say that I had been moved (nevermind where I had been moved to).

I think I'm right in saying that there's no information for Ipoker either. You get the table anme at the top of the xml, but there is no new table name when you get moved. I don't remember the precise details since I checked it last week.

Parkiet
09-08-2008, 03:59 PM
So basically you are saying that you can find the tables, but there is just no indication in the handhistory to know the player was moved. That might be true.

I assumed that since the HUD doesn't display anymore, it will also 'know' that the player is moved, or at least it 'knows' something happened. If that's correct then it should still be possible to find a solution, but I leave it to you to actually do that, lol.

What you in theorie could do is check the seats. If there are suddenly different players in the seats, than that would be a good hint.

Mike chops
09-08-2008, 04:09 PM
we could try to do some clever things to guess when a move has happened. The problem is that most of the situations I can think to check for, can happen without being moved. E.g. you decide to watch your buddy on another table in the same tournament. Unless the sites are going tell us in the hand histories where the hand was played, there is not much we can do.

BerendS
09-10-2008, 08:10 PM
What Titan does record with every hand, are all the player names with their respective seats, so you should be able to detect if an open table is relevant by checking for the name of the hero. You could detect a table change this way too, since you can deduct a table change from the new player names (and some added intelligence).

I'd like to understand the problem better. I dont know the inner workings of HM, but I guess it just imports everything from the monitored folders, and the HUD then tries to find the corresponding records from the DB. But how it links the HUD to the correct table, I dont know. Is it by window title?

Btw, wouldnt it be nice to have a manual "window to log file" linker? This way you can always manually fix a HUD identifaction problem by explcitly saying to the HUD which logfile it belongs to. This would make the interface more difficult, but it could be an advanced option.

One other point, I play at Titan. And at that site there seems to exist another (maybe related) bug. That is, I never get any stats with MTTs not even when it's my starting table (with the exception of satelites). This is clearly a different bug, and from what I hear doesnt exist on all iPoker skins. I tried using the table finder a millions times with Titan, and it never changed anything except some rare HUD crashes.

Mike chops
09-11-2008, 11:47 AM
Getting the names of players seated at the table, without the hand history is actually quite difficult. We look at the window title and try and match it up to the hand history. If there is nothing in the hand history to say where the player moved to, there's not much we can do. Perhaps you could lobby he sites to make the hand history more complete.

BerendS
09-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Another question: do you actually use the table id (the one at the top) that's in the xml file? If so, I could change that manually to my table id everytime I am moved. This could be a temporary workaround...

Mike chops
09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Why wouldn't you use the table finder?

BerendS
09-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Because that doenst work, as I quote my previous post:

One other point, I play at Titan. And at that site there seems to exist another (maybe related) bug. That is, I never get any stats with MTTs not even when it's my starting table (with the exception of satelites). This is clearly a different bug, and from what I hear doesnt exist on all iPoker skins. I tried using the table finder a millions times with Titan, and it never changed anything except some rare HUD crashes.

rabito
09-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I have same problem. Iam on expekt. As soon as I got transfered to a new tbl, hud stopped working. And I have tried everything it wont work.

Titouni
09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Yep.. And table finder is not working for me on Everest MTT..

Mike chops
09-15-2008, 02:26 PM
I tried it again today and it worked just fine on Everest and I -poker. You need to wait till one hand has been dealt at the new table before the finder has any unattached hands to work with.

krysler
09-18-2008, 07:36 AM
I Have the same problem in I poker (Titan Poker), table finder doesn't work.

BerendS
09-18-2008, 07:50 AM
I tried it again today and it worked just fine on Everest and I -poker. You need to wait till one hand has been dealt at the new table before the finder has any unattached hands to work with.

As I told you, it's not working for me and many others. Did you try with Titan? I get the impression the problem doesnt exist on every iPoker skin, just on some.

Please read the following carefully, because you never react to this:

Fyi, I'm a professional software developer myself, so I know my way around. Of course I do make lots of mistakes, but you can asume I know how to follow instructions and to describe a problem.

helgus
09-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Please read the following carefully, because you never react to this:
One other point, I play at Titan. And at that site there seems to exist another (maybe related) bug. That is, I never get any stats with MTTs not even when it's my starting table

I also have this exact problem on i-poker (Paddy Power Poker). The HUD works fine for both cash games and SNGs. However when I play a MTT the HUD stats do not appear on the table, even if it is my starting table. The Table Manager picks up the table but no HUD appears on the table. I tried closing and opening the table, also closing and relaunching HEM and finally I tried using the Table Finder again, but no success.

What I find interesting and might be key to the solution(?) is that in the Table Manager window, in the players column it shows "0/0 (0 short)". Even if there are 10 or however many players at the table.

Also, if the tournament is called something like "$5.000 GP Freezeout...." but in the Table manager it is shown as "5.000 GP Freezeout...." i.e. without the dollar sign. Could that a part of the problem/solution?

I am running XP and have the version of HEM that was most up to date on July 27 (I am not on my home computer at the moment and cannot remember exactly the version no)

Mike chops
09-26-2008, 06:31 PM
The last I looked at the "$5,000 ..." tables, the problem was with the manager incorrectly interpretting the table name. The "5000..." is correct by the format Roy and myself agreed upon ($ and , mess up our code). However, I get a table name of something like "5" from the manager. I was able to use the table finder with no problem to attach the hands though.

I'll remind Roy about it.

KuATo
10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Hello Mike.

I'm having the exact same problem with MTT tourneys and the HUD in Everest, every time.

You said that this can be manually circumvented with the table finder. I'm using HM but I don't know how to do what you suggest. Could you please indicate me how to do so? I would really appreciate it.

And I'd like to add that sw "Tourneytime" does not issue this problem with MTT's in Everest when it changes you from one table to another. So this means that there is some way to sort this out, I believe. And the thing is that I'd love to be able to use HM for tourneys, because right know I cannot (maybe if the table finder "thing" works for me...)

Thanks you for your attention and greets.

morny
10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Heres the table finder instructions: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

KuATo
10-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Thank you morny.

It worked well enough, but still I would love to see this issue solved in HM.

Thank you again.