PDA

View Full Version : New database > all Tourneys gone

pilz
07-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Yesterday I made a new database and imported all exported hands. However all tourney results were changed. I always enter my results manually for Everest and it seemed that these manually created results were not exported and saved. I only found hundred of tourneys with buy-in 11+1, which is my standard buy-in while I played numerous tourneys with other buy-ins. My tourney results from this year are gone!

Is there anything I can do to retrieve this, of is everything just gone?

netsrak
07-15-2009, 04:17 AM
The results are saved in the database so i would say they are lost. But i'll forward this thread to Roy to see whether he can help you out.

pilz
07-15-2009, 05:25 AM
Thanks

pilz
07-16-2009, 07:47 AM
but i'll forward this thread to Roy to see whether he can help you out.

bump :)

netsrak
07-16-2009, 08:13 AM
I send Roy the thread but he is very busy at the moment. So i think we wait until tomorrow. If nothing happens please bump again :)

TimoDGer
07-16-2009, 09:07 AM
There is a special function to export the tourney results, so that they can be imported again. If you didn't use this export and deleted your old database, then there could be no chance to get the data back.

Or do you have a backup copy perhaps?

pilz
07-16-2009, 12:59 PM
There is a special function to export the tourney results, so that they can be imported again. If you didn't use this export and deleted your old database, then there could be no chance to get the data back.

Or do you have a backup copy perhaps?

I saved my previous DB as well in HM as in postgress I suppose, so this should be possible. Can you tell me how to do this? Thanks!

TimoDGer
07-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Just right-click one row in the "Data View" of the tourney results. There you'll find a option "Export Tourney Results and Summaries".

pilz
07-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks for your help. I found this function and exported and imported all tourney summaries, however in my new DB all tourneys have the same buy-in (the standard buy-in which I filled in in HM-options), but obviously I play more buy-ins than my standard buy-in so in fact it's still useless :)

TimoDGer
07-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Well, I only used the export function and can confirm, that in the exported file all your tournament data is included. So if you have this export from your old database, your data is there.

If the import isn't working, perhaps it would be a good idea to attach this file here in this thread. So the programmer can have a look on it, if necessary.

pilz
07-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Well I imported the file and could see all tournaments in the list, but since EVP doesn't store a complete HH I always fill the summaries in manually, so maybe this causes the problem? Because they are no "real" summaries...

But let's wait for the developers :)

pilz
07-18-2009, 05:33 AM
bump

netsrak
07-18-2009, 09:29 AM
send it to Roy again

fozzy71
07-18-2009, 09:30 AM
send it to Roy again

I just did, fwiw.

Rvg72
07-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Sorry about the delay - yeah exporting the summaries and reimporting them is the correct thing to do. So now your issue is that the buyins are different in the new one than what was saved in the old one or is this for newly imported tourneys?

If it seems different then email me the summary file. If it is new tourneys that are wrong then send me some hand histories although I don't believe Everest saves the tourney buyins so it would use the default buyin entered in the Options - Default Tourney Buyin

Roy

pilz
07-20-2009, 03:32 AM
Thanks Roy, np. What you say is right:

In my old db I played like 10 different buy-ins (manually imported), and after exporting summaries > importing there are only 2 buy-ins: 435 MTT's with standard buy-in, and 1 other buy-in...

I'll send you the exported HH file!