PDA

View Full Version : I get the following popup daily (posprefs.txt)..

akvsaq
07-14-2009, 10:28 PM
When I try to close Table Manager, I consistently get a popop error message:

posprefs.txt error 2 Try to rewrite?

I have no idea what this means, i don't even know if i should answer yes or no. well, doesn't matter, just tried clicking yes and it says it can't rewrite anyway. SO, what ends up happening is if i try to close/re-open the HUD, i get the popup:

Couldn't load config/PosPref.txt
If you continue new panel position will be written. Do you want to continue?

I use 3 panels/player and I have to reposition my HUDs EVERYTIME I PLAY BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM! arghh.. Can you please fix this?

This happened everyday for me when i close/open HM. Im using the most current beta 1.09 beta 17

Mike chops
07-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Set up the hud and save the positions manually. You should be able to restore them if the save fails again.

Which site are you playing on?

akvsaq
07-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Set up the hud and save the positions manually.

Do you mean to go to TableManager and click Save Positions and next time if i have the same problem do Restore Positions? If this is what you mean, i've already tried that, no use. I NEVER had this problem with the HUD before, is a fix for this possible? It's really so time consuming to re-position all my HUDs every time!

I play on Full Tilt only.

netsrak
07-15-2009, 04:00 AM
For me it sounds like a permission problem with your config folder.

I suggest you try the standard vista things before we go into deeper details:
Under Vista make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory.
Right click the holdemmanager.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

ThisKid$Tough
08-11-2009, 08:54 PM
i have this same problem, but i run windows xp

netsrak
08-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Make sure you are using the latest Beta 1.09.23a.

Close Holdemmanager, delete the file via windows explorer, restart Holdemmanager and adjust and save the positions

sprstoner
08-15-2009, 08:12 PM
i used to get this once in a long long while, now since 1. 09 23a i get it a lot,
but not everytime i shut down and restart.

thankfully i back up my config file, but still is getting very old fast

==

also should edit the title of this thread so others with same issue can spot it easier.

netsrak
08-16-2009, 06:08 AM
Vista?

Please check your UAC/ administrator settings after installing the update.

sprstoner
08-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Vista?

Please check your UAC/ administrator settings after installing the update.

not my 1st day on a PC.

netsrak
08-16-2009, 07:17 AM
I guess that means yes?

Did you delete the file and try to start with a new one?

sprstoner
08-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I guess that means yes?

Did you delete the file and try to start with a new one?

yes, a few times

netsrak
08-16-2009, 01:19 PM
I'll forward it to Fabio.

sprstoner
08-16-2009, 01:31 PM
can it have anything to do with shutting down HEM without stopping auto import 1st?

last few times it happened i think i shut down prog without stopping import 1st, and since i been making sure to stop import b4 exiting prog and it hasnt happened again yet, but its only been a few days.

sprstoner
08-16-2009, 01:32 PM
also, i wish my name was fabio....

netsrak
08-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Fabio has no other ideas then checking the administrator settings and deleting the files.

But your hint with the auto-import sounds very interesting for me. Please watch it and come back with the results.

sprstoner
08-16-2009, 11:05 PM
its still happening, i will give a better description of whata going on...

1st out of nowhere you realize your hud isnt updating (but hands are still importing), usually when your mouse over pop-upa arnt working.

so you have to restart HEM. but when you close HEM, the table manager doesnt go away... so you go close it too, and this pops up:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/sprstoner/prosprefs.jpg

i am pretty sure i have to pick yes, just because you get another quick error msg and this box comes right back when clicking no.

then table manager closes. sometimes with another error msg.

so now you re-open HEM and this pops, up

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/sprstoner/prosprefs2.jpg

think i had to click yes again....

then we have to rearrange our stats manually again. or use my backup config file.

==============================================

im wondering if i should try deleting the file again, maybe when i keep using my backup from an old config folder, it isnt compatible with the newer versions of HEM. and maybe i wasnt deleting them good, or right.

what all files should i delete? and will it save my panels still , just redo my positions once again?or delete all that stuff and start completely from scratch? can i export and re-import after i delete file/files? does that save positions and panels?

sprstoner
08-16-2009, 11:27 PM
also ftr, i do have vista and uac is turned off.

netsrak
08-17-2009, 03:31 AM
Thanks, i will forward it to Mike

muppetpower
08-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I've been getting this error a lot too for the last couple of weeks.. and the recent betas don't seem to have made it any better. Not a big deal, but a bit of a pain to layout all my hud panels again.

I'm running xp so no uac issues.

I might be way off the mark here, but it reminds me of a coding error I hit a while ago when developing a web app.. all was fine on a single-core development box, but when moved to a multi-core testing environment it started to fall over periodically.

Is it possible 2 threads are trying to work on the file at the same time?

Forgive me if this is already fixed but it was still broken in beta 24 for me and I've only just installed beta 27.

Mike chops
08-24-2009, 02:06 PM
What site are you playing on? I'm wondering if it is related to recent updates from FTP?

muppetpower
08-24-2009, 02:14 PM
FT for me.

It seems more likely to happen overnight but is not due to time as I've had it happen much sooner after a relaunch. I'd say its probably happened 10-15 times in the last week.

It seems unlikely FT client would have anything to do with it. (ftr I usually keep FT and HEM open and have my PC on 24x7)

I've had the error popups above but have also had one with an error message including a filepath to a .cpp file (not under HEM structure). Helpfully, I can't remember what it was :o If it comes again I'll be sure and take a screenshot.

fozzy71
08-24-2009, 03:02 PM
This cures it the majority of the time:

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Importing\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) After a couple hands it will pre-fetch some observed hands to show the HUD.
6) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik).
7) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position the sub-panels for each player.
8) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
9) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.
10) If the HUD pops up while waiting for the big blind, do not move any hud panels.*

*Once HM imports your first played hand it will spin the HUD to correct for the preferred seating settings.

DirkDiggler
08-24-2009, 05:09 PM
FT for me.

It seems more likely to happen overnight but is not due to time as I've had it happen much sooner after a relaunch. I'd say its probably happened 10-15 times in the last week.

It seems unlikely FT client would have anything to do with it. (ftr I usually keep FT and HEM open and have my PC on 24x7)

Exact same thing for me

DirkDiggler
08-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Tried this with no results...

I think it has something to do with FTP, i saw many posts about this from FTP users.

Today i had the same problem : i didnt play for a couple hours, when i came back i opened a table but didnt play, and this popup came : Exception thrown in destructor (f:/dd/vctools/vc7libs/ship/atlmfc/src/mfc/filecore.cpp:111) an unnamed file was not found.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we cant datamine on FTP anymore...

I'm using 1.09 beta 24 and Windows XP

6) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (astersik).
7) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position the sub-panels for each player.
10) If the HUD pops up while waiting for the big blind, do not move any hud panels.*

*Once HM imports your first played hand it will spin the HUD to correct for the preferred seating settings.

sprstoner
08-25-2009, 07:13 PM
well its always happened to me, its just recently it happens a lot.

used to be once every few months, now every few days.

muppetpower
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM

the crash just happened for me again with beta 27. I followed the instructions and all was good for 48 hrs. I was playing with it working, took a break for 1hr and when I started 2 new sit n gos no HUD appeared. I closed table manager and got the posprefs error message.

At least I can restore positions quickly from the backup :)

Don't know if it is relevant but I use Avast for virus protection.

sprstoner
08-26-2009, 03:57 PM
after i did what fozy said (i think the 1st time i did it, i may had forgotten profpos2) i havent had it happened again yet....

BUT i only had 2 full days playing, so im not excited yet. i will check back in a week if it hasnt happened again, or sooner if it does :).

===

fozzy, any update on eta of the tolmet ftp mod? ill check tiltbuster.com lil later, my friend lana from cardrunners also sent me some email about it a few weeks ago, saying it was in the works or something. i know good work takes time though.

fozzy71
08-26-2009, 04:09 PM

===

fozzy, any update on eta of the tolmet ftp mod? ill check tiltbuster.com lil later, my friend lana from cardrunners also sent me some email about it a few weeks ago, saying it was in the works or something. i know good work takes time though.

I don't distribute thru there anymore. I have my own site.

http://www.fozzypokermods.com/

Tolmet is available here, but i still have some stuff to add/update into it.:

http://www.fozzypokermods.com/tolmetftp.html

You can use the coupon code: HMMODDERS to download it freethru the store.

That coupon is good for 3 x $5 coupons on any items. That should get you tolmet, and a deck, as well as my chips. Basically, there are going to be a lot of $5 mods, and there should always be some sort of coupon available to hook up people with some first-time freebies, and alike.

sprstoner
08-26-2009, 04:18 PM
I don't distribute thru there anymore. I have my own site.

http://www.fozzypokermods.com/

Tolmet is available here, but i still have some stuff to add/update into it.:

http://www.fozzypokermods.com/tolmetftp.html

You can use the coupon code: HMMODDERS to download it freethru the store.

That coupon is good for 3 x $5 coupons on any items. That should get you tolmet, and a deck, as well as my chips. Basically, there are going to be a lot of $5 mods, and there should always be some sort of coupon available to hook up people with some first-time freebies, and alike.

awesome.. thanks man. you're the best!

sprstoner
08-27-2009, 02:08 AM
i knew as soon as i posted that the bug hasnt happened in a while, it would happen.

anyways fozzy's solution didnt help.

this is a super annoying bug, wish we could figure this one out.

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 11:16 AM
i knew as soon as i posted that the bug hasnt happened in a while, it would happen.

anyways fozzy's solution didnt help.

this is a super annoying bug, wish we could figure this one out.

Try doing it again, except this time please delete prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt. The deleting of the prefs.xml will nuke any custom HUDs, as well as other HUD settings like preferred seats, etc. Make sure you export any custom HUD configs to their own XML file, before you delete the prefs.xml. Then you can import the hud configs back into HM.

3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Importing\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt, AND PREFS.XML.

Mike chops
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Can anyone with this problem try this build? You need to extract the file and replace the hmhud.exe file in the holdem manager folder.

sprstoner
08-30-2009, 05:46 AM
im playing tomorrow, ill let you know how it goes.

thanks.

sprstoner
08-31-2009, 01:50 AM
Can anyone with this problem try this build? You need to extract the file and replace the hmhud.exe file in the holdem manager folder.

when i 1st started this morn the hud locked up stars and i had to end program with task manager, but then 2nd try it seemed fine.

at end of day when i shut down HEM, i got this error and even though the main program shut down i had to use task manager to shut down table manager.

i will let you know how things go my next day of play.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/sprstoner/hemnewerror.jpg

The Minder
08-31-2009, 03:10 AM
when i 1st started this morn the hud locked up stars and i had to end program with task manager, but then 2nd try it seemed fine.

at end of day when i shut down HEM, i got this error and even though the main program shut down i had to use task manager to shut down table manager.

i will let you know how things go my next day of play.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c393/sprstoner/hemnewerror.jpg

I got that one about a week ago. I just muttered a 'wtf' and barged on through.

XP, beta 28

Mike chops
08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks. I'm hoping for progress in 30...

sprstoner
09-02-2009, 06:48 PM
i havent gotten original error again yet, but only 2 days of playing with this fix, but today it wont stop crashing and freezing my tables, no error messages though.

im gonna have to go back to other version.

this one is unusable right now, even though it after 1st crash today it worked fine for about 4 hours, now i cant get it to work at all. as soon as i hit "start import" it all freezes up and i have to shut down table manager to be able to do anything, and it happens every time now.

muppetpower
09-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks. I'm hoping for progress in 30...

Ive had the error thrown in destructor popup twice in a week of running 30. Apart from the reduced frequency, the other bonus is that after the popup the posprefs file hasnt been destroyed and the HUD doesnt crash.

About to switch to 30b..