PDA

View Full Version : Please fix Cake HUD

chazley
10-28-2011, 08:48 PM
PT3's works perfectly, and as a reg, the HEM HUD is so messed up on Cake that it's making me want to switch to PT3. Is there a fix on the horizon, or should I go ahead and switch?

Patvs
10-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Cake gave PokerTracker a two month exclusive head start in developing a Cake HUD.
Cake is merely experimenting to see if allowing a HUD will increase player traffic.

So HoldemManager will need two months of Cake-HUD-development to catch up, improving the HUD.
We've already done that, but mostly spend time on improving the Cake HUD in the soon-to-be-released HM2.

Turbo_987
10-31-2011, 02:07 AM
From Cake's TOS:

It is also strictly forbidden to use any programs which display the playing history, statistics, or tendencies of other players on the Cake Network, other than systems where the data collection is confined to a specific playing session and which also do not retain any data after the specific playing session is ended, in any manner.

This doesn't seem to preclude a HUD. Do I have something configured wrong? I'm getting no HUD on Cake.

but only spend time on improving the Cake HUD in the soon-to-be-released HM2.

Does this mean I have to wait (and pay) for HM2 to get a HUD in Cake?

netsrak
10-31-2011, 06:51 AM
Cake changed the TOS lately so they allow a restricted Hud now - we are working on it and with 1.12.05 the Hud should partially work in Cashgame

Turbo_987
10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your reply.

we are working on it and with 1.12.05 the Hud should partially work in Cashgame

Unfortunately, the HUD isn't working for me at all. Is there anything I should know about configuring it properly that might make it work with minimal functionality in these early stages?

Thanks,
Eric

ETA: I'm running 1.12.05

Patvs
10-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Use the TableFinder: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/ConfiguringTableFinderToShowHUD

Turbo_987
10-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Tyvm. I'm off and running!

Turbo_987
11-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Quick FYI to anyone searching on this thread:

After launching table finder, I click and drag the entire table window and the HUD pops up and draws itself. I also put myself into whichever seat it thinks I'm in. I don't mess around with preferred seating.

Turbo_987
11-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Any way to get chip stack or some other redundant stat (like name) in the HUD? It would give a way to verify the stats actually match the player. They seem to, but it worries me when the mucked cards pop up over the wrong player.

Patvs
11-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Cake is the only site where this is not possible, because they censor the player names in the handhistories.

Turbo_987
11-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I noticed that they send through "Player X" instead of the actual name in the histories. I also noticed, however, that the history DOES include their stack size at the beginning of each hand. Although this stat would be redundant for users on other sites since the chip stack is reported in the poker client itself right under the user name, it would be of great comfort to Cake users to be able to verify that HEM is reporting the same stack size as the client. This will help us confirm that the stats underneath a given user's name are actually his, and allow us to shift the HUD appropriately to be sure that the stats match up to each user.

Thanks again,
Eric

Patvs
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
We're looking into just displaying the censored name (instead of player x), which will make it easier to see which HUD panel belongs to which player.