PDA

View Full Version : Postgres does not find old database

swiiftx
10-27-2011, 07:17 PM
So, recently my computer have been getting bluescreen and freezing at random occasions. Each time this has happened, I've ran holdemmanager(note, this doesn't have to do anything with HM, it's froze/BS when I've done other things too) and when I restart the computer, the "can't connect to 127.0...." comes up and has forced me to reinstall postgres a couple of times. Now what's strange is that the first time I couldn't see my old database, and then I reinstalled another version, I saw the database, and my computer froze again, this time however, no matter how many times ive uninstilled, then reinstalled each version(8.4 and 9.1), I can't find the database. I have the data folder to both versions.

And Importing from HMarchieve doesn't help, since the last 5 days there isn't hh's files. There's just 3 files and they dont have any info in them about hands in each of the 5 last days.

2148LastSession
2334LastSession
LastSession

Patvs
10-28-2011, 02:16 AM
On which site did you play most of your hands?

Go to the Program Files/PostgreSQL folder:
did reinstalling PostgreSQL create several backup folders containing your old installations?
Which of these folders actually has the largest /data folder containing the old database?

Did you direct the installer to this old /data folder during the installation?

swiiftx
10-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I didn't direct, the installtion automatically directs it to the same folder always(program files for 9.1 version and program files(84x) for 8.4 version). Also there is only one data map in each version. The strange thing is I unistalled every of them(though didnt remove thedata maps manually from the C disk), and each time it seems to remove old databases. But once I reinstalled and if found the old! Now it's not finding the old ones.Also, it's microgaming. I'm not sure I can import those if they send directly, I couldn't import ongames before when they sent them to me with HM.

Patvs
10-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin"from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily -

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

---

Try creating a new database, and reimport all your hands, by running a import from folder on your archive folder, default: C:/HMArchive.