PDA

View Full Version : Different Startup Issue

TPistrix
08-21-2008, 02:19 PM
My machine is a Core Duo iMac dual booting through Boot Camp. I'm running Vista with UAC off. After I installed HEM and PostGreSQL, everything worked fine. After I restarted, however, HEM doesn't open properly. I get the opening splash screen (Buy License, Trial, More Info etc.) When I hit "Try It" the splash screen goes away and nothing happens. I have changed no settings since it worked last time, the only difference is that I rebooted. Any ideas? Thanks!

edit: I should also say that the DBControlPanel and HUD program both appear to work fine. Basically, what happens is when I hit "Try" HEM just closes itself and no windows pop up.

fabio
08-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Allow holdemmanager.exe to access the internet in the firewall

TPistrix
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Tried allowing HEM to work through the firewall and still no luck. Other ideas?

morny
08-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Try a reboot,then disable/close the firewall altogether and then try to rule them out.

If its still not working backup your config files and reinstall Holdem Manager

TPistrix
08-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Tried turning off firewall and reinstalling HEM. Still no luck. Man this is weird...

TPistrix
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Fixed the problem. I traced it to an incompatability with Boot Camp, but it was addressed in the most recent update.

TPistrix
08-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I may have spoken too soon. HEM worked beautifully for a while, then I rebooted into OSX, came back to Windows and once again it won't open.

TPistrix
08-25-2008, 06:08 PM
As far as I can tell, HEM always works when I reboot from Vista into Vista and never works when I boot from OSX into Vista. I can get by rebooting twice each time I want to change, but I hope there's some way to fix this in a later update.

Rvg72
08-27-2008, 01:51 AM
As far as I can tell, HEM always works when I reboot from Vista into Vista and never works when I boot from OSX into Vista. I can get by rebooting twice each time I want to change, but I hope there's some way to fix this in a later update.

Hi, sorry, no idea why this is happening and I doubt there is much I could do to change it. Any Mac / OSX people have any ideas?

Roy