PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing HM

draft
07-14-2009, 09:41 AM
HM was working fine, and then, when I was gonna do a session at the tables, nothing worked. I fiddeled around a bit and then I ran into UAC and I remember putting a password on my user since I'm travelling with my laptop at the moment. Unflicked it but still no progress. Client (Entraction) is working fine and saving HH's with no problem but HM could not import them.

Reinstalled HM with saving my DB. Still no progress. Did the SQL all over again, same result. Downloaded latest updates, could not be installed.

Deleted everything that had to do with HM exept for the SQL and now I cant even install the program;

An error occured attemting to install Holdem Manager : See the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDCACD.tmp\in stall.log' for more information.

???

3 hours later, here's my post...!

Any thoughts? I'm using Vista and I'm an admin.

It's the 1.08.04 I'm having problem installing.

netsrak
07-14-2009, 10:45 AM
HSee the setup log file located at 'C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDCACD.tmp\in stall.log' for more information.

What does this file say?

draft
07-14-2009, 01:35 PM
The following properties have been set:
Property: [AdminUser] = true {boolean}
Property: [ProcessorArchitecture] = Intel {string}
Property: [VersionNT] = 6.0.1 {version}
Running checks for package '.NET Framework 2.0', phase BuildList
Running external check with command line "C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD4564.tmp\dot netfx\dotnetchk.exe"
Process exited with code 1
Setting value '1 {int}' for property 'DotNetInstalled'
Reading value 'Version' of registry key 'HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer'
Read string value '8.0.6001.18783'
Setting value '8.0.6001.18783 {string}' for property 'IEVersion'
The following properties have been set for package '.NET Framework 2.0':
Property: [DotNetInstalled] = 1 {int}
Property: [IEVersion] = 8.0.6001.18783 {string}
Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\instmsia.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'VersionNT': true
Result of checks for command 'dotnetfx\instmsia.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueExists' on property 'Version9x': false
Result of running operator 'VersionLessThan' on property 'VersionNT' and value '5.0.3': false
Result of running operator 'VersionGreaterThanOrEqualTo' on property 'VersionMsi' and value '3.0': true
Result of checks for command 'dotnetfx\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' is 'Bypass'
Running checks for command 'dotnetfx\dotnetfx.exe'
Result of running operator 'ValueNotEqualTo' on property 'DotNetInstalled' and value '0': true
Result of checks for command 'dotnetfx\dotnetfx.exe' is 'Bypass'
'.NET Framework 2.0' RunCheck result: No Install Needed
Launching Application.
Using MsiInstallProduct with package path 'C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\HoldemManagerSetupProject .msi' and command line ''
MsiInstallProduct returned '1638'
Error:

netsrak
07-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Please update your Microsoft .net framework: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=14
and i'm not sure whether your Microsoft installer is correct, i think you can try this one: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=889482fc-5f56-4a38-b838-de776fd4138c

And please reboot your computer before trying the next HM installation