PDA

View Full Version : Canīt find PostgreSQL data-directory (non-english WIndows)

Degarin
07-14-2009, 05:25 AM
This might find sound funny.. but I canīt find my postgreSQL/data directory!?
Im using a swedish version of Windows Vista so I donīt have C:\program files, I have C:\programdata instead.

However crazy this sounds I can only find shortcuts to PostgreSQL, and those shortcuts goes to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\data\.. as usual on the english copy, however I DO NOT HAVE THIS program files directory and if I typ it in manually in windows explorer I (I mean copy the link and paste it) I get to my C:\program (a whole different folder just beacuse thats the most similarly spelled path, so to speak).

Now My main issue Is Im having trouble connecting to 127.0.0.1, and Iīve tried everything! But I canīt do certain steps i nthe sticky/FAQ since I canīt find this folder. Like the windows defender thing etc.

Also Iīve uninstalled postgreSQL completely and reinstalled. But when uninstalling I canīt manually delete this folder obviously (wich might be needed?) and thus not initlialize a new clustering when installing again since the directory "is not empty".

Another notice, I have pokertracker 3 installed too, but not running obv. but thats why I had PostgreSQL installed before I got HEM. also PT3 has and IS working properly (if that might help).

Thanks!

netsrak
07-14-2009, 06:38 AM
I think the best is if we do a teamviewer session: Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.

Degarin
07-14-2009, 06:45 AM
Alright Iīve done so, you think we could set it up today?

netsrak
07-14-2009, 06:54 AM
I'm not sure Fabio is very busy. He will start working in the afternoon

Degarin
07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Okay, so I got help form Fabio and problem solved! :D

Iīd just wanted to say that one of my biggest worries with moving from PT3 was that Iīd loose the great support they provided (as problems tend to show up no matter how good the software is).

Now Im not worried anymore! Support here was great and close to INSTANT! So GREAT job and thank you for an amazing product!

fozzy71
07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Thank you for the kind words. We all try very hard to help everyone as quickly and thoroughly as possible.