PDA

View Full Version : Postgresql error at HM start

Yersh
07-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Started HM today and got an error window

An error has occured:
FATAL: catalog is missing 3 attributes for relid 2668

Don't know if it's a right place to post, cause it's definetly a DB problem. PSQL admin sends the same error message when you try to connect to DB. But I don't know what's happened, I play at this computer for about a month -- no problems at all (nevertheless I tested all hardware another time to be sure). I have HM 1.09.14a (beta that came out just after FTP update).

netsrak
07-14-2009, 03:53 AM
I have never seen this error message before. But you seem to be familiar with computers and postgresql. So i suggest you google for the error message on your own.
Please come back if you need further help.

Yersh
07-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Already googled, and found nothing. Just worried about the cause of the DB break, since there was a precedent last year that early builds of HM broked DB indexes during HH import.

BTW since I have some free time instead of grinding, I tested new PSQL 8.4. Seems HM cannot create new DB in 8.4, cause default codepage of 8.4 is UTF8, and to create SQL_ANSI DB you need to choose template0 in options and HM "doesn't know" how to do it.

netsrak
07-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Postgresql 8.4 is not officially supported but here is a discussion thread about it: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12925