PDA

View Full Version : autorate icon explanation?

famke7
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM
is there somewhere that explains what each of the icons represents?

fozzy71
07-14-2009, 12:37 AM
I am not sure if Mike has all the documentation together yet, or not, as it is a new beta feature. I will send him a link to this thread and ask him.

Below Zero
08-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Bump ?? Are there explanations?

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 05:17 AM
I don't know if therre is any official documentation yet, but the default rules for each icon should help define them for you, according to the rules assigned to each icon.

Options > Autorate

Rock
Mouse
Fish
Shark
Calling Station
ABC TAG
Maniac
Eagle

These are all similar to the old PT2 Autorate icons, and are somewhat standard poker terms these days.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/hmhud-autorate-defaukt-rules-1.png

Mike chops
08-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Here are the rules from the current beta for 6 max holdem. I wasn't a big fan of auto-ratings, but now I've done them I find they work pretty well. I adjusted the rules for full ring and omaha games by making the vpip levels looser for omaha and tighter for full ring games. But I don't really play either.

1 Rock
2 whale...for those players so bad a fish just won't do. Fozzy isn't the first to call him a shark :(
3 fish
4 calling station
5 slightly loose aggressive
6 preflop maniac
7 good tag
8 abc tag. Like good tag but doesn't 3-bet.
9 tag but we don't have enough samples to say whether he 3-bets like a good tag or like and abc tag.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1987&d=1250712408

fozzy71
08-19-2009, 08:22 PM
2 whale...for those players so bad a fish just won't do. Fozzy isn't the first to call him a shark :(.....

You guys should ask for some money back from the guy that modded those images IMO. :cool:

If I had actually skimmed over the rules assigned to that icon, I hope I could have figured out he wasn't really supposed to be a shark. :p

MauiPunter
08-25-2009, 02:30 PM
I see a DICE icon as well. What does that represent? The rule kinda makes me think of LAG player, but not sure. Looking forward to the documentation on this.

fozzy71
08-25-2009, 02:59 PM
They follow the old PT2 icons pretty closely. Dice = Gambler. I am not sure of the specifics though, because it doesn't show in that Auto rate window I pictured. :confused:

Mike chops
08-25-2009, 05:29 PM
You guys should ask for some money back from the guy that modded those images IMO. :cool:

If I had actually skimmed over the rules assigned to that icon, I hope I could have figured out he wasn't really supposed to be a shark. :p

That's what happens when the customer has an idea and won't let go. My bad on the whale.

pokernoob
08-27-2009, 07:08 PM
They follow the old PT2 icons pretty closely. Dice = Gambler. I am not sure of the specifics though, because it doesn't show in that Auto rate window I pictured. :confused:

got the link for the old icons? Im trying to make one for fullring SNGs.

nevermind, found it :), but its so old... I hope someone makes an updated version. There might be changes after 2-3 years.

pokernoob
08-27-2009, 07:53 PM
can we request for more stats?

Mike chops
08-28-2009, 10:21 AM
Sure.

_Loki_
09-10-2009, 09:03 PM
What is the pink/red thing - looks like an alien head or a bathroom sink ?
The bird - A hawk? Eagle? I don't know the poker term it represents

Michael

fozzy71
09-10-2009, 11:33 PM
What is the pink/red thing - looks like an alien head or a bathroom sink ?
The bird - A hawk? Eagle? I don't know the poker term it represents

Michael

I believe it is a Tornado/Cyclone. Active and Aggressive

Here are the rules from the current beta for 6 max holdem. I wasn't a big fan of auto-ratings, but now I've done them I find they work pretty well. I adjusted the rules for full ring and omaha games by making the vpip levels looser for omaha and tighter for full ring games. But I don't really play either.

1 Rock
2 whale...for those players so bad a fish just won't do. Fozzy isn't the first to call him a shark :(
3 fish
4 calling station
5 slightly loose aggressive
6 preflop maniac
7 good tag
8 abc tag. Like good tag but doesn't 3-bet.
9 tag but we don't have enough samples to say whether he 3-bets like a good tag or like and abc tag.

BlindJudge
10-27-2009, 08:43 AM
i tried to adjust the calling station to agg >1 but even though the player agg was 1.5 the auto rate still had calling station next to him any ideas:confused:

im so used to the holdem indicator stat icons that i wanted to change some auto rate rules to match

http://www.holdemindicator.com/screenshots.php

netsrak
10-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Which HM Version?

reddy2chill
10-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm using beta 40 and changed a couple of the icons for certain rules, but the hud retains use of the original icon. For example, I changed the eagle to the purple square, but the eagle still shows on the hud althought it's changed in the autorate setup window. Any ideas on the cause?

fozzy71
10-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I havent played around with the auto rate myself very much yet so I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

_Loki_
11-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Hi Any answer yet from the developer re reddy2Chill's query ?

I've read the new manual autorate section, but I'm not sure about the answer to this one:

If I click notes on a player in HM...

I see that within the open note there's an option to assign any of the 24 images (7 of which are a square infilled with a colour) to that player

If I assign say a RED SQUARE to the player will be the image he's stuck with until I go back into notes & cancel it ?

In other words if I have autorate enabled & autorate would class him as a ROCK will his icon remain a RED SQUARE ?

Michael

Mike chops
11-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Any assigned image will override an auto-generated one.

_Loki_
11-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Mike Chops

Not according to this - if i've interpreted the post correctly:

I'm using beta 40 and changed a couple of the icons for certain rules, but the hud retains use of the original icon. For example, I changed the eagle to the purple square, but the eagle still shows on the hud althought it's changed in the autorate setup window. Any ideas on the cause?

Michael

slowjoe
11-08-2009, 09:26 AM
That's what happens when the customer has an idea and won't let go. My bad on the whale.

Suggestion: mod the icon so there is water coming out the blowhole?

reddy2chill
11-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Mike Chops

Not according to this - if i've interpreted the post correctly:

Michael

No the manual override in the notes works. It's trying to override an icon in the autorate setup menu that doesn't work.

reddy2chill
11-12-2009, 12:59 PM
I figured out what it was. I was editing the rules for heads-up and not 6 max. :)

erhooMaster
12-14-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't know if therre is any official documentation yet, but the default rules for each icon should help define them for you, according to the rules assigned to each icon.

Options > Autorate

Rock
Mouse
Fish
Shark
Calling Station
ABC TAG
Maniac
Eagle

These are all similar to the old PT2 Autorate icons, and are somewhat standard poker terms these days.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/fozzy71/HMHUD/hmhud-autorate-defaukt-rules-1.png
shark the nr4? with those VIP? :confused::eek:

erhooMaster
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM
agrashalsfnfa omfgggggg... i delete 2k of hands of my last sesson:eek: wtfff

fozzy71
12-14-2009, 12:38 PM
agrashalsfnfa omfgggggg... i delete 2k of hands of my last sesson:eek: wtfff

:confused:

You should be able to reimport them:

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

erhooMaster
12-14-2009, 02:43 PM
:confused:

You should be able to reimport them:

To get all your missed hands imported

1) Right-Click your Desktop > New > Folder.
2) Go to your \HMArchive folder - To verify the path, go to Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: _________.
3) Open that folder and copy the hands (folders of hands) you think it has missed. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HMArchive\2009\07\31). Also get any hand files that are in your \poker site\hand history folder.
4) Paste them into your new desktop folder > HM > Import From Folder.

ohhh thank you :P you save my $ :rolleyes:

AlienPump
12-19-2009, 04:12 AM
i dont like those icons, how do i get rid of them ?

netsrak
12-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Options->autorate, the checkboxes at the bottom

AlienPump
12-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Options->autorate, the checkboxes at the bottom

Thanks.

justafish
01-14-2010, 12:45 PM
i manually entered signs for some players but iŽd rather switch back to autorate for all players in my db. how can i change from the manually chosen sign back to autorate for these players?

diablo0000
02-11-2010, 09:53 PM
hi - for some reason my autorate doesnt seem to be working even though i have checked the box... ive seen it work in the replayer but cant seem to get the hud to display them even though i have a fair amount of hands on some people... all i can see is a "*" symbol...

any suggestions anyone??

thanks

netsrak
02-12-2010, 08:53 AM
There are two checkboxes:
the upper one for the table Hud
the bottom one for the replayer Hud

In your case both should be checked

WandersonBR
02-15-2010, 10:43 AM
shark the nr4? with those VIP? :confused::eek:

I think it was a whale ^^

voxdan
04-05-2010, 04:39 PM
For what it's worth, it looked like a whale to me from the get go - and of course the stats surely showed that it wasn't a shark. I just had no idea what a whale was. Of course, again, the stats suggested something like a massive fish...

... BUT A WHALE IS A MAMMAL! This is so confusing.

Actually, I like the whale icon, now that I get it. In fact, while I don't yet use them much, I think the icons are fine, though they could perhaps look better.

Also, is there anyway to make the icon background the same as the HUD background? It is annoying for me that my HUD background is a shade of black while the icon background is transparent whereby I can see the table right through them. Looks messy.

Thanks!

fozzy71
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
No, that is not possible without a lot of photoshop work to make them all match your hud panel background.

kakos_sporos
06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Maybe you can adjust the auto-rate icons according to game type played. For example someone who plays mostly heads up will have huge VP$IP compared to one who plays 9-handed.

morny
06-02-2010, 12:28 AM
There is a gametype filter already, you can choose 6max, HU, Full Ring, holdem, Omaha, No Limit, Limit, Tourney

Cjulius
06-07-2010, 06:10 AM
i manually entered signs for some players but iŽd rather switch back to autorate for all players in my db. how can i change from the manually chosen sign back to autorate for these players?

Hello!
Is there any way to switch back to auto rat for all Players?
Thanks Olle

netsrak
06-07-2010, 07:11 AM
There is no easy way to do this. The only way i see is to delete the notes icon for a single player.

Cjulius
06-08-2010, 02:57 AM
Hi
I found a relative easy way to switch back all players to auto rate.
In Postgresql admin tool open table hemplayernotes and set the last column to -1 for all player.
If you can’t find table see picture.
PS: Back up your DB first.
Good luck /CJ

big
02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
what about the lion icon?