PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall and re-install

jonibulda
10-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Hello

I have had quite a lot of problems lately with my HEM, so I decided to unistall and re install, and re import all my HHs.

I unistalled and reinstalled, but for some reason, all the HH were still there in the new one. I dont understand how this can be, when I have uninstalled and reinstalled.

I would prefer to unistall HEM completely, including all HHs, get a completely fresh version of HEM, and re import all my HHs and summaries again, which I have stored on my computer in a folder.

This is because I want a completely fresh version of HEM. And also because I want to get rid of some old HHs that I dont have summaries to (because I only started importing summaries from a certain point, and I only want HHs from that point).

So the question is: how can I get a completely fresh, new version of HEM without all the old hands in it?

sideshow
10-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Hi,

The hand history information is stored in the PostgreSQL folder not in Holdem Manager so the simplest way is to create a new database and youll have a fresh start. Please see "Here" on how to create a new database http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

Thanks

jonibulda
10-27-2011, 04:47 PM
I thought the database was actually in HEM itself, not postgre.

So when HEM is importing, it is actually importing HHs into a postgre database, is that correct? And whenever I am viewing any information in HEM (stats/results/hands etc) it is actually HEM converting data from a postgre database, and not data actually stored in HEM? Is that correct?

Patvs
10-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Yes

jonibulda
12-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Is there any way of saving preferences and configurations and then unistalling and re installing, so that when I re-install everything is the same as it was before I uninstalled, so that I dont have to set everything up again? Its HEM1.

Preferences and configurations such as import folders, player preferences (stats, with fonts, colours, etc.), seating preferences, lay-out, etc.

I am asking because I want to regularily uninstall end reinstall, to keep a fresh version, like I do with my other software such as pokerstars, tableninja etc.

netsrak
12-22-2011, 07:02 AM
This is all saved in the config subfolder of your holdemmanager installation path (Something like c:\program files\rvg software\holdemmanager\config) so if you save and restore this folder you will have all your settings back.