PDA

View Full Version : Can't update hem?

stevejpa
07-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Been away in Vegas for a couple weeks and tried to update HEM when I came back, it was 1.09 Beta 9. I downloaded the latest beta (was 15 then), installed it, ran HEM, still says 9 in the title bar. Downloaded 14, same result. Restarted computer and ran the update (before opening HEM), same result. Finished playing yesterday, turned off the computer.

Just restarted, downloaded the latest beta (17) and installed it, open HEM, still beta 9. Anyone else have this problem/know how to fix it?

edit: don't think I've ever had this problem before, running xp. Updates all completed with no errors.

Thanks,

Steve

netsrak
07-13-2009, 06:02 PM
You choose the wrong path for the installation. It must be your original installation path

stevejpa
07-13-2009, 07:03 PM
You choose the wrong path for the installation. It must be your original installation path

No one is that dumb are they?

problem solved, thanks

lil_Gaz
12-13-2009, 01:52 PM
i have the same problem and i don't understand the answer i guess i am very stupid :(

Patvs
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
-1 Unzip HoldemManager.zip and install it to the default install directory:
C:/ProgramFiles/RVG Software/HoldemManager

-2 Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe 1.10 beta 3

-3 Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

lil_Gaz
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
it is already installed there, sorry i am a real computer noob how do i find these .exes

also do i have to reboot to complete the install ?

lil_Gaz
12-13-2009, 03:22 PM
cool i have been able to update it ty for ur help but i wanted to update because my hud stops working after 5 minutes when i play tournaments on FTP

Patvs
12-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Go to My Computer---> C:/--> ProgramFiles--> RVG Software--->HoldemManager---> there you will find the 3 .exe files, rightclick them and

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.