PDA

View Full Version : Import Speed

Bingo_Babe
07-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Hi, I'm trying to import 5million hands that I purchased and I know its supposed to take a long time at 1st it said estimated time was 1day 1hour. Then the import speed is going down and down. Its only been 2 hours so far and its droped 15 Hands per sec. Is there anyway I can make this go faster or atleast stop droping. I've tried closing and exiting out of all my programs and it still dropped.

If I stop it and only do 100 files at a time would it go faster overall? If so, does Holdem Manager import the top files in the folder and works down from there, or does it do it mixed?

So, I'm just trying to find the fastest way to do this. Thanks.

netsrak
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Some performance tips: http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613

For the import: the more data you have already imported the slower the import process will be. I calculate with 20-30 hands per second. Of course depending on your hardware and the pokersite the hands come from

You should create some different folders with packages of the files and import them step by step.
When you import from one folder HM knows which files were already imported and starts with the next one. I'm not sure about the sequence