PDA

View Full Version : Everything that can go wrong goes wrong

jonibulda
10-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Hello,

I am playing a session of SNG.

Suddenly I notice HUD is no longer up, although I have HEM running and importing, and the HUD was working earlier. I close and restart HEM, still no HUD, allthough HEM is importing. I try relaunching HUD, no help.

I think "Oh well, I will finish this session will deal with it after the session".

Then I suddenly notice TN is no longer registering me for new tables (but hotkeys are working). I had TN set on 18 tables continuesly, but suddenly I have dropped down to 10 or 11 tables, and TN still thinks I have 18 up, so its not noticing that I am busting out. This happens seemingly at exactly the same time as HEM stopped working properly, really wierd.

Then all my remainning tables, except one, freezes. I cannot play, type in chat, or anything. Again, this happens at the same time that HEM and TN stopped working.

I write an email to pokerstars support, listing the tournament #s, and demand a refund for the lost tournament equity.

I log out, do an update of the pokerstars software (I use tiltbuster themes so I only update sometimes), and log in again. It now seems to work, but I have blinded out of all tournament except one, where I have 1.5BB.

Given that everything stopped working at the same time (HEM, TN, and pokerstars) there must be a common cause, it would be too freaky if everything crashed simultaniously for different reasons.

I can also mention that my HEM has been acting really rotten the last couple days. Just lots of small errors here and there, and things not working properly. I have constantly updated to the newest version whenever something doesnt work properly. But it hasnt really helped. Seems like it is in desperate need of a un-install and re-install, but that is so much hassle with hand histories, so I havent bothered yet. But I might do it now.

Any idea what could cause everything to stop working at once?

I am no expert, but I suspect it might have something to do with not updating the pokerstars client regularly enough. Its probabaly been a month or so since i did it last time. Because when I logged out, updated pokerstars, and logged in again, at least the pokerstars client worked, but I didnt test TN or HEM.

Wierd, I know.

jonibulda
10-26-2011, 08:12 PM
BTW, this is not a stupid joke.

It seems like the issue is with the pokerstars software, because the same freeze happened in my second session today, leading me to think the first incident must have been because of the pokerstars software malfunctioning and not letting TN know when I busted tourneys, and not sending HHs to my folder so HEM could update the HUD and that thats why the HUD was not working.

Thats my best guess anyways. Seems to freaky that everything would stop funtioning at once if it wasnt the pokerstars software.

Patvs
10-27-2011, 02:42 AM
Always update the PokerStars client to the latest build.

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin"from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/PokerStarsSetup
to make sure the summaries are also saved and imported.

Patvs
10-27-2011, 03:50 AM
Are you sure your issue wasn't caused by PokerStars' connection issues yesterday??
I just read on PokerNews/ 2+2 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/stars-down-possibly-australia-only-1118009/) tens of thousands of players lost their connection (for 90 minutes!) and were blinded off in SNG/MTTs.
PokerStars writes:

"Hello,

Thank you for your report.

One of the major Internet Service Providers (ISPs), which provides a connection pathway to the PokerStars servers, experienced difficulties that caused connection problems for some of our players. As the ISP is a separate company, the issues were not within our ability to control.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the connection issues. If you are still having problems logging into PokerStars, please close and restart the program. Try again after 5 min if zou do not get a connection."

"If you were playing in a tournament and feel you were negatively affected by the ISP problems, please send us an email with the following subject line:

REFUND: Tournament #, buy-in, User ID

For instance, if your User ID is 'PokerMagic' and you played in tournament #300030551, which was a $50+5 buy-in, the subject line should look like this:

REFUND: Tournament #300030551, $50+5, PokerMagic

If you are not sure of the tournament number then you can locate it via the the PokerStars software: 'Requests -> Tournament History...'

Once again we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused and thank you for your patience as we resolve matters."