PDA

View Full Version : Can I filter by opponents made hands that went to showdown?

mirror1
10-25-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm thinking of getting HEM and want to find out what it can do - at the minute I have PT3 but I'm finding that it is a bit limited in certain ways.

One thing that I'd like to be able to do is filter by opponents made hand:

As an example, I'd like to see how I perform when I have top-pair-top-kicker or better (including all better hands 2-pair, set etc) and when my opponent has the same range of made hands.

Is this possible?

Thanks

a.k.a.Also
10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I don't think that we can filter for villain hand strength.
This looks as if it might fit the bill though.

Run the races report, and filter for the strength of Hero hand - (on any street you like)
Then read down the list to see where equities are running close and select the hands.
There may well be many other ways to get this information in HM2 - I'm still coming across new methods and ideas.

On the KT hand I selected in the Sshot, villain has QT, and the flop comes K9Q, J turn gives us both a straight.

As I understand it HM2 should be launching soon, and you get a free upgrade if you buy HM1 now.

mirror1
10-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm really interested in looking at the big picture rather than specific hands: I think that I may have a leak on strong hands that go to showdown (maybe I don't fold tptk or 2-pair at the right time) and want to see whether this is the case over thousands of hands.

I figured that if I could select all the big hands that went to showdown (where 2+ players have tptk or better), sum the results and see if I'm profitable or not.

Is there a report feature that can do this?

a.k.a.Also
10-26-2011, 01:57 AM
You're welcome.
In the example I gave it will give the summary results for that range of equities, so you can see how you run at the races, it was just that I ran it on a really small test db I'm playing around with atm.

We still don't know all the feature set of HM2, or the add-on programs. Something like this might be better explored in say Hold'em vision which still seems under wraps, although some of the graphing features are already integrated into HM2. Or it might just as easily be leakbuster, or work straight out of the box.

I'd be pretty surprised if something like this isn't going to be real easy to extract.

Hopefully one of the developers might chip in if they can find a few minutes away from getting everything sorted for launch day ;)

Patvs
10-26-2011, 02:04 AM
HM1:

-1 you can run a report: plugging leaks flop hand strength.
Use it -for example- combined with the filter "saw showdown = true"
to quickly see if you're playing top pair good kicker / or top two pair, etc. profitable.

-2 alternatively you can only use filters. Also selecting the top two pair from the handvalues tab.

Also run a filter like Won Hand = False.

mirror1
10-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Just to clarify in the example 1 above - can I run the report (plugging leaks flop hand strength) and filter out all of the weaker hands that my opponents hold.

I know I'm profitable overall with TPTK, 2 pair etc but I think that a large amount of this profit comes against poor hands that my opponents have. I'm keen to see how I perform overall in the big confrontations where 1 opponent has e.g. tptk and the other a set, 2-pair, flush etc...

Ideally I'll be profitable in these hands overall if I can lay-down/pot-control when I'm behind and extract maximum value when I'm ahead.

Many thanks for your help