PDA

View Full Version : One hand will not import

Patvs
07-12-2009, 05:40 PM
I played a session on Full Tilt just now. I was up about $50 for the session, but in HEM it showed I lost $5.

So I went over all the big hands (in sessions - sort by table) and compared it to my session's hand histories and it turns out HEM missed one important hand.

07/12/09 15:59:51 - my hand 68o
--->07/12/09 16:01:07 - my hand 33<--- (missing hand, I got the time info/date from the .txt hand history)
07/12/09 16:02:18 - my hand 46o

If I import the hand in a whole new database, all the hand info is correct in HEM. (the hand history is complete and HEM has no problems importing the hand)

However, when I try to reimport the hand in my current database, HEM sees the hand as an already imported "duplicate hand".

How can I solve this. I'm pretty sure, my current database it not corrupt. In fact it managed to import 800 hands (while I was playing) just perfectly, except this one hand.. &%@#*_*

Edit: at first I thought maybe the unique hand number (Full Tilt Poker Game #13350736691) for some strange reason was already in my database. So I just changed the number (FIRST TIME I EVER DID THAT), reimported the hand.. and voila..! it worked.

However now, when I try to reimport the whole session (about 700 hands) it shows 250 duplicate hand.. and 450 import errors.. so maybe my database is corrupt (again!) after all..

fozzy71
07-12-2009, 06:11 PM
You can overcome that duplicate import like you discovered, or by copying it to a new folder and manually importing from there.

If you are getting errors now, I am not sure what would cause that. Can you filter for 'today' and see if the errors are visible in the reports/hands, etc? Do you get those errors if you import the whole session to the new DB? If you think there might be a problem with the HHs please email them to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, and CC me at fozzy@holdemmanger.net.

Patvs
07-12-2009, 08:32 PM
It's my harddisk.. it's falling apart. I ran chkdsk and scandisk.. it found a million errors.

My failing harddisk, caused my postgreSQL database to corrupt, which caused the incorrect data in HEM. :-)

Temporary solution 1: fix the errors, import all July hands into a NEW database
Temporary solution 2: restore my recent backup, but this will take a few HOURS, will do it, overnight.
Final solution: buy a new computer... it's on my to do list.

netsrak
07-13-2009, 05:00 AM
Solution 2a: buy and install a new harddisk