PDA

View Full Version : The "empty graphed hands" bug / "empty Hands tab" bug has never been fixed

domino66
10-25-2011, 07:16 AM
This bug has been around for at least 2+ years. It's been present in every HEM database I've ever worked in. Here's a post in which I brought it to your attention 1.5 years ago (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hud-bugs/35031-bug-graph-graphed-hands-tabs.html?highlight=graphed+hands).

I did a search of the forums, and found at least a dozen other threads about it (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/search.php?searchid=547031), read them, but an actual solution has never actually been posted. In fact, in nearly every case HEM Support has claimed that it must be a corrupt computer or corrupt DB, with the only solution being to create a new DB and re-import the HHs.

I'm here to tell you that it's STILL a problem (and for a lot of users)...and if it's a corrupt DB issue, then there's a persistent bug in the HEM code that's causing this bug. As I said, I've noticed it in EVERY HEM database I've ever created (and that's probably a good 10+ DBs). And a simple search turned up 12+ threads about people describing exactly this bug, but HEM claimed that it just wasn't all that prevalent a bug. It is. I implore you to look into it. HEM bug reporters are like roaches. For every 1 you see, there's 100 you don't. If 12 people cared enough about this bug to ask about it in the forums, you can bet it's affecting a HECK of a lot of others.

As I (and others) have described, often times windows/tabs in which HEM is supposed to list hands, it simply doesn't populate. No hands at all. The "solutions" offered by HEM support to this point consist of suggesting that the user create a new DB and re-import all HHs. For those of us with large DBs, this just isn't feasible...and moreover as I wrote: I've noticed this bug in every single DB i've ever created in HEM. It's not a single corrupt DB issue.. Don't know what else I can say about...

Patvs
10-26-2011, 02:12 AM
On which site(s) do you play?
Which PostgreSQL version are you using?
Are the database and the postgres user both using a UTG8 encoding?