PDA

View Full Version : Create virual hard disk to save HH on it from Ongame poker client

linkus
07-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Hi.

I know that then play on Redkings(Ongame) with HM you lost some of the hands every time. To resolve this we must to create a virteal hard drive to save on it all hands from Redking. And we must to configure our HM to import hands from this virtual drive.
And all will be ok. But do anybody know the program which can create this virtual hard drive?

Thanks a lot.

fozzy71
07-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Found this on the 2p2 forums, posted by Morny in January.

Here's how to set it up:

1. go to http://www.box.net/shared/htpmm1zm8e, download the zip, extract
2. run ramdisk.exe, click "install", you'll probs need to reboot
3. run ramdisk.exe again, set up a ramdrive - 32mb should be fine because HEM will archive your database and it never grows > 4mb, leave the drive letter to R: if you aren't using that drive, click okay.
4. Now you should have an r: on your computer that's your ramdisk. A ramdisk acts like a normal file system but access is superfast because it's stored in ram. Note that anything you put here is lost when you reboot.

5. make sure hem and ongame isn't running
6. go to C:\program files\[ongame site]\Resources\Databases
7. is there a userxxxxx.db file there? go to step 9.
8. there's no db file because HEM has archived it. Run your ongame skin, play a hand or two of play money. That will create the database file. shut down ongame.
9. Move that db file to the root of your ramdrive r:
10. Load up ongame, go to statistics > advanced > select statistics file, and browse to the file you moved to r:
11: load up HEM, configure the autoimport folders and select the database on r:, you can remove the old directory
12: enjoy 100% ongame imports

remember to import from HEM whenever playing, because if you reboot and haven't imported hands then they'll be lost because your ramdrive will be emptied on reboot

pokernoob
07-30-2009, 09:23 PM
how do i remove ramdisk? since its already obsolete.
I cant find it in add/remove programs or startup. or even in my msconfig.

fozzy71
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
What about Start > My Computer > Right-Click > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Right-Click on the Ramdisk and uninstall/remove.