PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7

lungov
07-12-2009, 02:49 AM
Hi,

Does postgres run in Windows 7? I've been trying to install it, but I get the following error message:

"The 'Secondary Logon' service is not running. This service is required for the installer to initialize the database. Please start this service and try again."

The message pops-up when I click Next in the "Initialize database cluster" screen. I have already turned-off User Account Control as requested for Vista users.

Thanks and regards

netsrak
07-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Under Windows 7 the system service "Secondary logon service" is not started automatically if not configured. So just go to the windows services and start the "Secondary logon service"

lungov
07-12-2009, 06:46 AM
i'm sorry, you are talking to a complete computer ignorant; i typed in "windows services" in the help and support window and nothing relevant came up, and then i did not find windows services in the control panel; i dont know where else to look, can you please give me more detailed instructions? many thanks

netsrak
07-12-2009, 07:54 AM
How can a complete computer ignorant install and use Windows 7? A software which is still in Beta state? I don't get it.

Type services.msc in Start->search

or look under the administrative tools in the control panel (thats where it is in Vista).