PDA

View Full Version : Use HM1 or HM2 as standard windows user (win 7)

grün
10-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Hello everyone,

I tried to purchase HM1 yesterday but I haven't got a key yet. (That's another problem)

I ran the trial version of HM1 yesterday but I could not see any overlays. The FAQ tells me to run HM1 with administrator privileges which is a problem because my user account is a standard user account. I tried "Run as..." with a different account which has admin privileges instead, with no success. I suppose my only chance is to create a "poker only admin account" on my machine if I want to use HM1, right?

But if HM1 is not compatible with a standard windows 7 user account I am willing to start with HM2. I would just have to wait for my key to use the HM2 beta, which is ok with me. As HM2 is new software it will work with a standard user account, right? <- This is the important question here!

Best Regards,
Michael

Patvs
10-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Both HM1 and HM2 don't require an administrator account.
They just need HoldemManager to run with administrator privileges. You can also achieve that by turning off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

Or by manually assigning the privileges:
For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin"from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

---

On which site are you playing where you have no HUD?
Set the lobby language of the pokerclient in English.
Play on real money tables (play money is not supported)
Try using the TableFinder, read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/ConfiguringTableFinderToShowHUD

grün
10-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Thank you, HM1 works now.

Because my account is not a member of the administrators group, I had to change a little detail which I will explain here:

The "Run as administrator"* box was greyed out, so I had to press "Change options for all users"* first. One needs the username and the password of a administrator to do so. Now, I have to enter the username and password of an administrator to start HM1, but this is ok for me.

I am quite sure, that turning off UAC would not help in my case, because my account just is not a member of the administrators group.

Best Regards,
Michael

*Loosely translated from the german version of windows 7