PDA

View Full Version : copy and paste don't work in notes

jerseys
10-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Is it a bug or was it never implemented? Sometimes it helps when editing a note.

Patvs
10-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Right-click mouse copy/paste doesn't work, but you can use CTRL-C (copy) and CRTL-V (paste) using the keyboard in notes.

jerseys
10-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Ctrl+c and ctrl+x work, but ctrl+v doesn't.

Patvs
10-23-2011, 10:20 PM
crtl-v works for me in notes. (using Windows 7)

Which Windows version are you using?

jerseys
10-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Windows 7 64-bit, PL, up to date. I also don't remember it working last year when I had win XP.

Patvs
10-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Update Windows 7 to Windows 7 Service Pack 1.
Run a manual Windows Update, installing every .net framework update.

jerseys
10-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Updated HEM, already had Windows updates. It's weird but ctrl-c and ctr-v don't work in stars comments, so it may be somehow connected. I think it was this way for a long time. I have enlish stars btw. I don't have any money on other sites, so can't check there. Hem2 works perfectly in this regard.

Patvs
10-30-2011, 10:59 PM
So to recap: you can't copy/paste txt into a HoldemManager note, and also can't into a PokerStars note (in the PokerStars client).
But copy/paste into a note in HM2 does work.

I can't duplicate this. It all works for me.
Are you using any AHK script / TableNinja, or any program that might cause this?

jerseys
10-31-2011, 03:10 PM
HEM: ctrl+c and ctrl+x work, but ctrl+v doesn't
Stars: ctrl+x works but ctrl+c and ctr+v don't

So it's a bit different. I don't use AHK scripts and it happens even without ninja. Dunno, maybe some regional settings then.

edit: I changed to US keyboard setting and HEM works (stars still doesn't, btw). But it would be a pain to change it all the time. Is it possible to tweak? We use what's called "polish programmer's keyboard". It's in wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_layout but I don't know how helpful is that. It's identical lyout to US but you can make polish letters with either right alt or left ctrl+alt and a, c, e, l, n, o, s, z, x. So it's weird, if anything the problem should be with c and x, not v.

edit2: scratch taht, both work in replayer hud, but both don't work on stars hud (same hud layout). It's weird. Right now ctrl-x and c work, but ctrl-v and doesn't untill I try to paste something from outside and not the note itself. Dunno.

Patvs
10-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Try changing the regional settings of your computer to English (United States): control panel--> region & language

jerseys
11-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks, it worked!

After changing it back it's still working, even after a reboot. I wonder why, because I remember it not working since forever. But that's not important, I guess.

jerseys
11-06-2011, 05:17 PM
The problem came back, so there must be more variables, but I give up, it's too small an issue to work so hard.