PDA

View Full Version : cannot connect to postgres 127.0.0.1

zindinon
07-11-2009, 12:27 PM
everything was working right before..
this morning, when i open hm, a message says :"the following error has occured when trying to open ythe database: failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'
i accept hm to open the service, it says its done, but it still not working..
i tried to open it too by pg admin 3: i have this message:

Server doesn't listen
The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
If you encounter this message, please check if the server you're trying to contact is actually running PostgreSQL on the given port. Test if you have network connectivity from your client to the server host using ping or equivalent tools. Is your network / VPN / SSH tunnel / firewall configured correctly?
For security reasons, PostgreSQL does not listen on all available IP addresses on the server machine initially. In order to access the server over the network, you need to enable listening on the address first.
For PostgreSQL servers starting with version 8.0, this is controlled using the "listen_addresses" parameter in the postgresql.conf file. Here, you can enter a list of IP addresses the server should listen on, or simply use '*' to listen on all available IP addresses. For earlier servers (Version 7.3 or 7.4), you'll need to set the "tcpip_socket" parameter to 'true'.
You can use the postgresql.conf editor that is built into pgAdmin III to edit the postgresql.conf configuration file. After changing this file, you need to restart the server process to make the setting effective.
If you double-checked your configuration but still get this error message, it's still unlikely that you encounter a fatal PostgreSQL misbehaviour. You probably have some low level network connectivity problems (e.g. firewall configuration). Please check this thoroughly before reporting a bug to the PostgreSQL community.

i tried with firewall off too, it didnt work..
if someone could help me
tx

netsrak
07-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Is the postgresql Service running?

If this is the case then it is definitely a problem of firewall or spyware software denying the connection.

If not please start with this: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

If this doesn't help please come back and tell us more about your computer (operating system?)

zindinon
07-11-2009, 01:26 PM
i already did all that is said in the faq,
im on vista

postgres service is not running

???

netsrak
07-11-2009, 01:37 PM
You deleted the postmaster.pid file and all the other stuff?

Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.

zindinon
07-11-2009, 01:55 PM
no, i didnt delete any files..
should i?

netsrak
07-11-2009, 04:32 PM
So you did not everything which is written in the FAQ.

I suggest you read and carry out the things from the FAQ link i posted.

fozzy71
07-11-2009, 04:37 PM
no, i didnt delete any files..
should i?

Yes

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34

If that fails, then you have a problem connecting to PostgreSQL. Try the following:

1. Close down all programs that might be using postgreSQL like EV Graph, PT2 etc.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Disable/Exit/Close your firewall and any antivirus programs.

Also if you have a 3rd part firewall like Zonealarm, make sure your built in firewall isn't running as well by going to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall and in the General tab switching it to off. Then restart your PC.

4. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data and delete the postmaster.pid file.

5. Restart the PostgreSQL service like in step 2. (If that file dosen't exist then that's normal. Also don't delete the postmaster.opts file, it's a different one).

If this isn't successful and you get the error again saying it can't start, then you have a problem with an antivirus/firewall etc. blocking PostgreSQL. Follow the FAQ for antivirus/firewall help here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=171.

zindinon
07-11-2009, 04:51 PM
tx u very much
its working now, without the firewall.
ill put the firewall back on now , and try again

zindinon
07-11-2009, 05:14 PM
everything is ok now,

tx u very much all

netsrak
07-11-2009, 06:29 PM
and what was the thing that helped you out?

zindinon
07-12-2009, 09:46 AM
after that manip it works:

1. Close down all programs that might be using postgreSQL like EV Graph, PT2 etc.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Disable/Exit/Close your firewall and any antivirus programs.

Also if you have a 3rd part firewall like Zonealarm, make sure your built in firewall isn't running as well by going to Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall and in the General tab switching it to off. Then restart your PC.

4. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data and delete the postmaster.pid file.

5. Restart the PostgreSQL service like in step 2. (If that file dosen't exist then that's normal. Also don't delete the postmaster.opts file, it's a different one).

If this isn't successful and you get the error again saying it can't start, then you have a problem with an antivirus/firewall etc. blocking PostgreSQL. Follow the FAQ for antivirus/firewall help here: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=171.

i had just tried without the firewall b4, so, i think that delete the postmaster.pid file was the issue..

netsrak
07-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks

tyler149
11-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Hey I am actually getting this same error message.

postgres service isnt running..

im not sure if i have to mess with the .conf file

Patvs
11-18-2010, 02:12 AM
@tyler149 This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.
First try to reboot.
If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

If that doesnt help delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it. And reboot

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off.

If that doesn't help you will have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely

tyler149
11-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Got it! thanks