PDA

View Full Version : Wacky computers

mr_kurns
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi!

I've had lots of problems w/ both my computers and my latest problem is that when I'm about to connect to the database on my 2nd computer(Vista) it tells me that my username and/or password is incorrect (probably forgotten it) but asks me if I'd like HEM to "configure the database to accept login and password?"

I choose *Yes* but then it tells me that "HEM updated PostgreSQL. Please try connecting again."

What does that mean?

Thank you in advance!

Note: I might've already used my 2nd registration possibility on another computer, cause my desktop computer was broken so some computer technicians took a look at it and they basically broke it down part by part so in the end it was almost a new computer. So when they were done I had to reinstall HEM and then I told it that I installed it on my 2nd computer.

However, when I registered HEM on my laptop it said that the registration was successful so I don't think this is the problem but thought it was good to mention!

I've been impressed by the support I've gotten from your team this far so I'm hoping you will get me through this problem as well!

netsrak
07-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Part 1: this is just a try of Holdemmanager to fix the problem which normally doesn't work.

Maybe this thread helps you with your problem: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=161

Part 2: For the moment your registration seems to be ok. We can reset it if you need it in future. Please contact sales@holdemmanager.net for this.

mr_kurns
07-10-2009, 04:04 PM
The link described how to share a database between 2 computers(from what I understood) which is good but not really what I'm looking for atm.

You said that my registration was okay, which should indicate that this problem has got nothing to do w/ the double registration on the other computer. What confuses me is that I have postgreSQL installed on my laptop cause PT3 works (or worked, when I updated PT3 I had no longer access to my database!) so I can't really understand why HEM refusus me to connect to a database. Any advice would be appreciated!

fozzy71
07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass

If that password isn't right, you can try using svcpass, or postgrespass.

If neither of those work, you can remove the need for a password by editing the pg_hba.conf file.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

netsrak
07-10-2009, 06:26 PM
The standard configuration of a postgresql database is to refuse network connections so you have to edit the pg_hba.conf file. As i understood you you wan't to connect from computer 1 to the database on computer 2. Did i get you wrong?

The standard user/password for a PT3 Postgres installation is postgres dbpass.
Is the postgresql service running?
We have a lot of help for Postgresql. Just enter postgresql in the FAQ. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx

mr_kurns
07-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Atm I'm not interested in any luxutr such as sharing a database between two different computers, I just want access to HEM! :)

I've tried to remove postgreSQL from control panel and also from C:/program/files, and delete postgres from there but when I'm trying to reinstall it it shuts down and tells me that a user is already there and another one can't be created?! I've tried to install it w/o initialize the database but it still doesn't work.

Basically I've tried everything from the FAQs section but nothing has worked. I just don't understand what the problem is...

netsrak
07-11-2009, 10:16 AM
The good news is that we now seam to understand what your problem is.

Open a Command box, enter net user /delete postgres
and restart the installation

fozzy71
07-11-2009, 10:47 AM
You can also just use a different SQL user name during installation, instead of postgres, such as hmpostgres, to get around the issue of deleting the postgres account.

mr_kurns
07-11-2009, 01:03 PM
1) How do I open a command box?

2) I tried to change username, password you name it but it doesn't work! :(
The installation always abrupts when creating user account if that is to any help.

When I changed user name the sign said: "Internal account lookup failure."

netsrak
07-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Start->Run-> cmd

If this doesn't work i think its the best if we help you via remote session: Please schedule a remote support session with our support manager. Email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.