PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager Suite 1.08.04 Patch & XP

orpz
07-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey,

I just installed the new patch (mentioned in topic) for HEM and after the install the whole program doesn't seem to start at all. As you might've noticed I'm running XP. Any simple way to solve this?

fozzy71
07-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Did you have it working previously?

Please try updating to 1.09 beta 14a from the link in my signature. Also try uninstalling any firewall and anti-virus.

Make sure you have microsoft .net framework 3.5. If not, uninstall any old versions completely before installing the newest version.

Have you tried a simple reboot yet?

Take a look in the Task Manager and sort Process by Image Names, and look for any of these processes and end them.

holdemmanger.exe
hmhud.exe
hmimport.exe
hmbetaupdate.exe

If none of that helps, please let us know and we will see if there is anything else we can try, before we try a remote support.

orpz
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM
yeah it worked perfectly before and I've tried reboot and stuff. the points you've mentioned I tried also.

you think I need to update framework if it did work before though? thats the only thing I haven't tried yet

netsrak
07-11-2009, 05:08 AM
Please try it and also check your firewall, Spyware software etc.. Its possible that you have to define new exceptions for holdemmanager because of the update.

orpz
07-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Yeah I did it. It didn't block HEM or anything.

I did a system restore for last Wednesday and now everything seems to work fine and the program even seems to be updated? :) Pretty awesome, hopefully it'll work in use too

fozzy71
07-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Please let us know if the problem returns, so we can get to the bottom of it for you.