PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em Manager (HEM) and Vista

novelidea
07-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I have a problem with Hold’em Manager and my Vista machine, and need some help please. Firstly, I have checked the forums and have done everything there that I have found. Just a small point - I am not a newbie. I have been using PC’s for many years and have fixed countless problems with other programs that I’ve encountered, but this is driving me crazzzzy.
This is what I have done so far…
Like I said, I have Vista Home Premium, I download the trial version of Hold’em Manager, plus the update file. I also got the PostgreSQL file (version 8.3) at the same time.
I first installed the PostgreSQL. It runs perfectly. I checked with in Services (Local) and found it running fine. I even turned it off, reset the PC, and checked it again, with no problems.
Then I installed Hold’em Manager, plus the update file. It seemed to install perfectly fine.
I should also point out that I checked my .Net framework and it’s fully up to date.
But, when I click to run Hold’em Manager, the cursor spins to acknowledge request, then stops. Nothing happens. The program refuses to start. I have sat in front of my pc for days trying to get this to work, yet nothing happens.
After a few days I tried the same things on my Asus Eee 1000HE machine running Windows XP, and it worked the first time. 100% perfect. Why is Vista doing this to me?
I tried again on another vista machine (Laptop), and once again, it refused to work!! Same problem. Click mouse to start program, and nothing happens. I looked in Task manager under the processes Tab and see that PostfreSQL services are running.

Please help? I would love to buy this program, but unless I can get the trial to work, I’m afraid I won’t.

Oh, and in case you’re wondering, I can’t use my XP machine cause the screen is too small for poker! Lol

All help greatly appreciated.

novelidea

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Do you have UAC turned off? - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

Have you uninstalled your firewall or turned off the windows firewall? You can set exceptions in the firewall later, after you get HM working. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Also make sure you download the 1.09 Beta 14a from the link in my signature.

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
If none of that helps we can schedule you for a remote support session to get you up and running.

novelidea
07-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Yes. UAC turned off the 1st day I got Vista machine 2 years ago! Never use it. Same goes for Windows Firewall. Off from day one. Never use it.
I have already downloaded and installed the 1.09 Beta 14a.

I build and fix PCs for a living. I did all this and more - still Nothing works. When I click the shortcut, the program does Not start.

netsrak
07-10-2009, 06:11 AM
I read about such problems caused by anti spyware or firewall solutions. http://holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13194&highlight=spyware

Disable every security software and try again.

novelidea
07-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Yes, did that as well. I use BitDefender. I closed it down at first. Still no luck, so I uninstalled it completely, then tried again. Still no joy.

netsrak
07-10-2009, 06:24 AM
Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so he can setup a Teamviewer session.