PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed HM2 user

SuperSized
10-18-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm really unhappy with the state of HM2 at the moment. I'm pleased with all the new toys you have added and clearly you have worked hard on these, but the core of your program has suffered. You aren't paying attention to the HUD and making sure it runs smoothly. I don't care if things look flash if they don't work!

Some things that are bothering me (and most of these have been bothering me for months).

- The HUD is S-L-O-W and makes PS tables sticky

- The HM2 program interface is S-L-O-W

- It screws up the z-order and fiddling with the manual z-order settings doesn't help much - why has the end user had to deal with this for months? Priority????

- The HUD or HM2 causes lag where the computer hangs for around 5 seconds, annoying and costly if you are multi-tabling.

- Some of the tourney filters still don't work.

- No $EV in graphs for tourneys.

- The HM2 HUD seems to affect the sending of TN hotkeys regularly.

- Random tables still force themselves into focus. Using the TN hotkey to bring the most urgent table for the fore seems to be disabled.

- The latest update has screwed up the winnings for super-turbo games. According to a playing history audit from Stars, I've made nearly $200 today and HM2 records this as < $100.

I realise that HM2 is in Beta phase, but you have had months now to iron out many of these issues. I have little confidence in your ability to solve future problems or bugs in a speedy and timely fashion. In all likelihood I will cease to be a HM customer and I'm currently eagerly awaiting to see the next release from your biggest competitor. Hopefully their HUD will just work because the HM2 HUD definitely does not.

udbrky
10-19-2011, 12:10 AM
For performance issues, please see this:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/133721-performance-issues.html

Send us log files so we can see what is the issue.

What z-ordering issues are you having?

What tourney filters are not working?

Did you add the luck adjusted winnings line to the tournaments winning graph report?

I will pass along TN issues to our TN people to get some help.

Please email the hands/summaries that are off to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

It would help if you pass along issues that you see, so that we can work on fixing them. This is the first I've seen these brought up.

please explain how the "HM2 HUD definitely does not" work.

We can't fix generalizations and things we haven't experienced.

SuperSized
10-19-2011, 06:04 AM
I have written out some more detailed stuff as I would like this stuff fixed as much as you do. I have included some links to show that a lot of these issues aren't new.

The HUD is a major part of HM2. In order to multi-table effectively I need it to

1. Work smoothly
2. Not freeze my computer
3. Not mess with the z-order

Unfortunately there are problems with all of the above. Sometimes the HM2 HUD is so bad I have to turn it off just so that I can keep up with the action.

Some simple searches I did this morning. I'm sure you could find a lot more if you did a search.

HM2 program speed.
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/131681-hm2-slowness.html

HUD speed
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/115991-hud-seems-laggy-4941-a.html

Z-order
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/122961-z-order-altered-hold-em-manager-hud.html
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/115311-hud-forcing-ahk-gui-below-ps-window.html

Random tables stealing focus (probably in started in the wrong forum though - the issue is described more clearly in my last post in the thread)
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/tableninja/107411-poker-stars-windows-randomly-popping-up-2.html

Luck adjusted line
The luck adjusted winnings line still does not work for tournaments. This issue has been around for a long time and there are many posts describing it. You already calculate the $EV for tournaments, what is so hard about adding the amounts together and plotting them on a graph?

Tournament filters
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/128881-tourney-filters-bug-reports.html
Filtering by effective stack size still seems to be not functioning as expected. I don't know how many others do not function correctly. Please also add simple things like the ability to filter by effective M, stack size in BB and so on. These are not hard things to fix or add.

HUD freezing
I can't find anything specifically on the HUD freezing, but it freezes for around 5 seconds every once in the while. Windows just displays the "thinking" cursor and I can't perform any actions. This is possibly a new bug.

I will zip and send the files shortly.

SuperSized
10-19-2011, 08:41 AM
I have sent the log file, my hands from yesterday as well as a Stars audit file for yesterday so you can compared the winnings. I look forward to your feedback on these issues.

udbrky
10-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I did respond in a couple of the threads and another tech has responded in the ahk issue.

Did you go through the steps I posted regarding performance issues?

SuperSized
10-20-2011, 08:04 AM
I have been through the steps in the performance issues thread and it doesn't help. My issues are similar to the thoughts in this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/bug-reports/133511-hm2-5300-tournament-results-takes-minutes-update.html.

The performance of the HUD is slower than that of HM1. I don't know if it's your new HUD framework or what, but it's slower. You can't reasonably expect folks to buy a HUD that visibly affects the user's experience.

You rushed the program out of Alpha phase because people were getting impatient while the HUD was not yet ready for Beta phase. Now you can't get it up a decent standard performance wise.

udbrky
10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Please send in the log I requested.

This isn't a widespread issue, we need to figure out what is going on for you.

Aceondariver
10-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi All,

Unfortunately I have to fully agree with Supersized comments I have experienced all of the issues what he mentioned and several crashes as well............

HM2 has serious performance issues, some example what I have experienced in the last 2 days.

First I imported my HM1 database to HM2. This contains more than 3.4 million hands and was handled more or less well by HM1.

HM2 cannot handle, I was waiting more than 30 minutes to get tournaments results reports, nothing has happened:((((

Then I cut my database created a new one just from this year hand histories, this contains about 400.000 hands, cash and tourneys mixed (about 1300 tourneys) this is not much!!!!!

But wherever I click in HM2 I have to wait ages till something happens, with such a small database!!!!! And I never know it is frozen or not, usually your progress bars are absolutely unusable as well.

Still I had to wait a long time for tournament reports but finally after 30 minutes it was working.

But HUD is absolutely unusable, blackouts, 5-10 secs stops and then I am on sit out however I was experimenting only on one table!!!!

To rearrange the HUD positions is a nightmare!!! I right click on the stats I want to move then I have to wait about 20 sec then screen changed to a darkgreyed background then I can move the stats, but of course during this time and about 20 sec after this I cannot do anything on my poker table, sit outs etc.

I had to play 2 18 man SNG to be able just to position my stats!!!!!!!

I was really exited and looking forward for HM2 because the poker science behind is great, but it seems you have to fire your hole developers group if you wanna stay on the market.

Sorry for beeing so pathetic but this version of HM2 even not close to a good alfa version!!!!

Hope you catch up if not you will loose your market thats for sure.

I check out again your competitors may be I need them...........

SuperSized
10-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Please send in the log I requested.

This isn't a widespread issue, we need to figure out what is going on for you.
Log file sent.

Veteran68
10-20-2011, 07:58 PM
SuperSized and Aceondariver, you guys are obviously having some issues but there are a lot of HM2 users that are NOT having these issues. Thought I'd represent the other side here. :)

While I agree with you that sometimes HM seems to miss the boat on what should be no-brainer development decisions (and I've not hesitated to tell them so), for the most part and short of a few missing features that they promise are coming, HM2 has been running very well for me. I've been an alpha tester since April and they've done a good job of steadily improving and promptly resolving issues when they can reproduce them. And while I don't massively multi-table like I used to, I do play the occasional 6 tables or so and the HUD has been highly stable considering its pre-release status, and performance has been fine for me. Maybe it's a PC horsepower issue -- mine is pretty high-end so could be masking the problem. But the upshot is that not everyone is experiencing the pretty severe issues that you guys indicate. I have faith that if/when the HM crew can reproduce them, they'll come up with a solution.

FWIW around May I stopped running HM1 in parallel with HM2, and have been strictly HM2 ever since, long before it was even beta. Other than a few incomplete features that I trust will make it in at some point, I don't miss anything from HM1 and wouldn't consider going back to it.

udbrky
10-21-2011, 03:52 AM
Tourney reports is fixed now for the next release.

For the HUD moving/issues, try these steps, it sounds like some issues others have had and that have been fixed. What's your ram and cpu?

1) Update Windows

2) Update graphics driver

3) Update Logitech Setpoint

4) Disable desktop composition

5) Set desktop to a non-aero theme

6) http://forums.holdemmanager.com/general-support/133721-performance-issues.html

SuperSized
10-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the thoughts Veteran68. I usually play 10-15 tables, so perhaps the lag only kicks in when with lots of tables?

The HUD seems pretty stable to me, but is too slow for multi-tabling. I would consider my set up to be faster than most as well, an i-5 with a SDD, 8GB ram - so there really shouldn't be any speed issues.

Veteran68
10-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the thoughts Veteran68. I usually play 10-15 tables, so perhaps the lag only kicks in when with lots of tables?
Could be. I used to play 16 back in the day on FT, but I don't think I've played more than 8 since Black Friday and HM2.

The HUD seems pretty stable to me, but is too slow for multi-tabling. I would consider my set up to be faster than most as well, an i-5 with a SDD, 8GB ram - so there really shouldn't be any speed issues.
Yeah, I've got an i7 overclocked to 3.6Ghz with 8GB myself.

udbrky
10-22-2011, 04:36 AM
Did you check on the things I emailed about? I think the HUD is related to the results. I know the last time we tested 24-tabling on Stars, there wasn't an issue. I can have this checked again. The hard part is having a large DB.

guitarizt
10-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Did you check on the things I emailed about? I think the HUD is related to the results. I know the last time we tested 24-tabling on Stars, there wasn't an issue. I can have this checked again. The hard part is having a large DB.

What cpu were you using? Were you using a ssd?

SuperSized
10-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Sorry, I didn't end up playing for a while. I tried to recreate the same lag while only on the home page and I could not get nearly the same level of lag. I had the log file but overwrote it by mistake when I sent a more recent one to do with something else a few minutes ago.

One interesting thing is even if you click on sessions or reports, going back to the home page still seems to make the HUD lag.

My database is relatively small, only including hands over the last two months or so.

rob181502
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I am *very* sorry to say that as of today I have stopped using HM2. The performance has been going from bad to worse to simply unplayable.

I had already experienced that any "HM2-thing" you touch (e.g moving a hud, evaluating a played hand) while playing may cause your tables to freeze 10-20 seconds and subsequently cause sitout-statuses (I am only playing 10 tables because of that) and on top of that switching tables takes about 2-3 secs a table regardless what you do.

But since the latest build it has become so bad that just having HM2 active causes sitouts already if you play something like 10 tables.

and no ...my computer is not a "slomo".

Please abandon this swampy-pointless project and start building HM3 on the solid foundations of the best software on the market. Maybe you've heard about it. It's called Holdem manager 1.

farewell for now HM2... :-(.

And please tell me you are NOT discontinuing HM1

udbrky
10-30-2011, 11:22 PM
We are looking into some recent issues.

Please check out this thread which has resolved performance issues for others:

rob181502
10-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks, but I have done that already on okt-17 with no results.

For the time being I will stay a dissapointed HM2 user (but a happy HM1 user).

Nevertheless HM2 is a bold attempt to make a better product (as was Windows-Vista....hm...).

udbrky
11-01-2011, 06:13 AM
We are working on fixing an issue that had crept up. Please try the release that is coming soon.

Definitely is not a Vista .... At least you didn't say Windows ME!

mrdurden
11-05-2011, 08:53 PM
same problems 2 different computers. So gross.

How can you guys even charge for this program? I even paid full price and didn't upgrade or do the trial expecting it to be fine. NEver been more disappointed in a product in my life. Absurd to let people pay to be beta testers.

Wish I knew how these 'thousands' of other testers are getting their program to work flawlessly.

rob181502
11-06-2011, 05:19 PM
OK I admit....I keep looking every now and then. Especially now you've deared to release it. It *must* be better now ...or...?
(build 5559). OMG still slow and now it even misses all new tables in a session.

WTG guys!!!!

You are doing a fine job killing my favorite software.

edit:

Correct that last sentence: HM1 is still alive!:)

You know...bottom line of this software is I want it to support me WHILE I AM PLAYING. Quickly smoothly and no hassle. That's the core.
All the other fancy stuff and reports is nice to have but I would like that even better if you just stuffed that somewhere in something like leak-buster light or holdem vision light

downbytheriver
11-07-2011, 02:40 PM
i really can't believe this was released ... note caddy is not working a nice little 60$ extra (albiet he is trying to fix it, but still facts are facts)... but HEM 2 is suchhhh a slug. This feels like one of the most inefficent programs ive run on my computer. I have tons of ram and fast cpu and it literally crawls after 1500 and i time out of all my tables. If you are 12-16 tabling you get to 1k very quickily. This is getting to the point of refund land?? Ive lost a bunch of money already from this fucking software timing out my tables because the whole computer freezes while HEM2 minamizes. I know you are trying your best and working hard and on paper its a great tool we should all be thankful for. but the fact of the matter is once you guys start charging these kinda prices. its a diffrent ball game.
very disapointed with my last week of experiance on it.

melles
11-07-2011, 06:23 PM
I have tons of ram and fast cpu and it literally crawls after 1500 and i time out of all my tables.
I have trouble after 1000 hands

shahrad
11-08-2011, 04:35 PM
As an Alpha Tester, unfortunately I must say, these guys are right. I am still using HM1 because of two reasons:
1) Performance
2) Note Caddy
HM3 will hopefully be like this:
A smooth software which is build around a smooth running and fully functioning (without bugs and more precise range analysis based on Nr of players, Floptexture, Handstrength, effective SPR, Position.., more possibilities where and how the notes appear....) Notecaddy. As said in the alpha forum: those added 'schnick schnacks' like rob181502 said 'All the other fancy stuff and reports' are by far secondary issues.
Before I knew anything about HM2, I had already suggested a replayer Hud. I had also suggested it should differ from the original replayer. It should be a light replayer, which opens fast and replays the hands smooth and fast. Now we have a replayer which is not smooth, has too many replayer schnick schnack and as far as I know replays only the last hand. So when I am multitabling and go to late to the last hand of a table, I cannot replay the hand. This means you guys did give us a HUD replayer but mostly a useless one. And this is valid for some other improvements equally.

udbrky
11-08-2011, 11:31 PM
For those with performance issues:

Please follow these steps:

Turn off auto refresh in the Settings. Do you still see lag?

PM me so we can look into this.

There is a request to add a play button to the hand viewer shahrad, which would give you the ability to play the hands

whatdafeck
11-09-2011, 12:58 PM
^^ We are still not listening!!

Unfortunately I am also a very disappointed HM2 user, and I completely agree with the sentiment in this thread. At the moment HM2 is just unusable, it seriously has some MAJOR performance issues, it frequently crashes, stalls and lags to where I have to go into task manager to close it. To view a report is like pulling your teeth out, in play the hud make the Pokerstars tables stick and I only play four at a time and HM1 worked perfectly before! And to piss you off the HM programmers seem to think there is nothing wrong with its performance and they don’t or want to listen to the users/customers. I hope they pull their thumb out very soon or there is going to be a mass migration to PokerTracker, which would be shame as HM1 was such a great product.

As it stands, HM2 doesn’t work – simple!

1. If you have customers who have bought HM2 as their first tracking software and have not upgraded from HM1, then you need to give them HM1 as a stop gap until these major issue/bugs are rectified.

2. You need to extend the 90day period for HM1 users who upgraded to HM2. In 80days time I will lose my HM1 license, and will need to rely on HM2 as my only tracker; and god help me! By this time, if the 90 days hasn’t been extended and HM2 is still a unusable product – I will be a little bit p155ed off!!

Let’s hope its sorted soon and the HM programmers start listening to “THERE IS A PERFORMANCE ISSUE WITH HM2”

johncc
11-09-2011, 02:10 PM
I have also been a Alpha tester since day one and tbh it hasn't got much better

I have posted 100's of bugs/issues that still havent been resolved some 3/4/5 months later.

Almost every bell and whistle I do not use, have no need for them and never will use them, as for the widgets, i just have to pass for the reason we have these, I just want HM2 to work easily like HM1

to find half the descriptions to add to a stat report is a nightmare, we still can't review x amount of hands unless we highlight them and use shift down arrow to get them all.

Probably me and a very very few other no that dbl clicking the settings tab will give you session only stats.
v Opponents for Omaha stats still isnt working, Hud still vanishes ever 1 minute,
every ribbon tab doesnt refresh correctly and misses half the descriptions (i reported this 3 months ago)
Leak buster -position ribbon is the same as by position
Sessions tab, still cant view by day/week/month reported well over 2/3 months ago
sessions are new if you sit out for 5 mins
Tables remain in table finder hours or even days after you have left (reported numerous times)
add in a new report and the apply to all reports doesnt work for that stat
almost every stat you view is in Dollars ( I personally never use dollars and have no need for it) I need € and £ not $
Notecaddy, there are some ver small videos explaining a few things, but nothing to really explain how you make your own notes
Displayed stats, its still wont let you move them where you want to as the Arrows that used to be there have no vanished.
This will probably do for now, no doubt when finalised it will be great but at the moment i think you may lose customers because IMO the release was very very premature, even the Beta was to soon

rob181502
11-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Hold on there....Am I reading this correct?

Whatdafeck: "--------In 80days time I will lose my HM1 license---------- "

Are you planning on REVOKING my HM1 license???????. you can't be serious.

Not even Microsoft does that.....doesn't it????

What if I downgrade;-)

rob181502
11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Just to show you that the word is spreading and the reactions from the HM2team are not always appreciated...

this is a post on the pokertracker forum

(PokerTracker &bull; View topic - Coming Soon: PokerTracker 4 (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35061&sid=c51deb4bddc813550e91d47f808a8e37&start=470))

**********quote**********

"Aber ihr glaubt doch nicht im Ernst dass PT4 mit Erscheinen problemlos läuft oder?"

Hey guys. This is a quote from the german Holdem Manager 1+2 supporter in the german pokerstrategy.de forum. For all of you who aren´t familiar with the german language, it means:
But you don´t believe that pokertracker 4 will run without problems after its release.

I can´t find words for this act of arrogance, since after the release bug after bug is posted and most bugs are so critical that it´s impossible just to run HEM 2. As a SNG player you honestly are lost using HEM 2. So I ask you guys for just one thing:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, make it as stable as you can. Dont forget, that there are tourney and SNG player outside who also just want a piece of software that works. Take your time for it. Nobody expects to get a totally perfect programm but it should work stable and the features should work with a high percentage. Please dont release it whith major bugs, which a taking so much ressources that ppl have to wait to get "minor bugs" (which in HEM 2 means all bugs which dont make your db crash or freeze your whole pc or taking 100% of your ressources) killed.
PLEASE just give us some software thats works, that doesnt make our pc crash when we start it and that doesnt waste our time with putting us on tilt when we should be at the tables playing.

**********unquote*********

And about the licence revocation of HM1...read this :

*************2quotes**************

****1***
"If we purchase pt3 to get pt4 for free can we still always use pt3 and pt4 at the same time or will the pt3 license expire?"
****2****
You will always be able to use PT3 (even after its end of life, which is likely to be at least a couple of years - when that time comes there won't be any more updates but it won't be "switched off"), and PT3 and PT4 can run alongside each other just fine.

***************unquote************

PS: I have nothing with Pokertracker. I compared PT3 and HM1 and made a well thought out descision to purchase HM1.

Hijikata
11-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Hold on there....Am I reading this correct?

Whatdafeck: "--------In 80days time I will lose my HM1 license---------- "

Are you planning on REVOKING my HM1 license???????. you can't be serious.

Not even Microsoft does that.....doesn't it????

What if I downgrade;-)

I asked that by email, same problem that all of you, performance.

Answer:

HM1 codes that were used to upgrade to HM2 will be disabled after 90 days. If at that time you would prefer to continue using HM1 instead, we can void your HM2 code and reenable your HM1 code.

Then I asked again if go back to HM1 would mean lost my chance to use discount.

That's more of a grey area. We don't have a set date for how long the discounts will last, but they won't be available forever.

The 90 days period only starts at the moment you upgrade your HM1 license to HM2, so, in your case, you already used your credit. In case you decide to go back to HM1, we will need to deactivate your HM2 license and then reactivate HM1, but you will not lose your license.

After that, if you decide to stop using HM1 again to use HM2, we can deactivate your HM1 license again and reactivate your HM2, so, as you already used your credit, there is no way of losing it anymore, do not worry. The main point is that you can not have both HM1 and HM2 active at the same time after the 90 days period.

I really don't see the problem in let us use both HMs (whichever version you prefer). And one day, maybe in one year or whenever, when HM1 is not updated anymore, then we'll have to use HM2. But until then, and seeing many people is having problems, would be really nice if use/try HM2 don't deactivate your HM1 license.

mygameispoke
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I asked that by email, same problem that all of you, performance.

Answer:

Then I asked again if go back to HM1 would mean lost my chance to use discount.

I really don't see the problem in let us use both HMs (whichever version you prefer). And one day, maybe in one year or whenever, when HM1 is not updated anymore, then we'll have to use HM2. But until then, and seeing many people is having problems, would be really nice if use/try HM2 don't deactivate your HM1 license.

3rd bug i have had with hem2 this time i have lost my whole database, this should be refunded. and i warn all not to buy complete disgrace, have no problem taking peoples money but they cant produce a reliable program.

johncc
11-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I use the exact same version as the rest of you, I stopped using HM1 as HM2 works almost flawlessly except for the odd error that has crept in, also I do this on a little laptop with only 2gb of RAM.

It can only be my guess that performance related thread hasnt been followed to the T

I have played 34K of cash games this month, on what is normally a bad site for HM (microgaming) and it all works fine, maybe I have been using it a lot longer that most (6 months) when it had lots of errors, but now they are few and just minor, so if we all use the same version I cant understand why mine shud work fine and others don't, unless OFC they havent set x,z,z as they should have done. I laos play Ipoker and Ongame with no problems

mygameispoke
11-16-2011, 04:13 PM
I use the exact same version as the rest of you, I stopped using HM1 as HM2 works almost flawlessly except for the odd error that has crept in, also I do this on a little laptop with only 2gb of RAM.

It can only be my guess that performance related thread hasnt been followed to the T

I have played 34K of cash games this month, on what is normally a bad site for HM (microgaming) and it all works fine, maybe I have been using it a lot longer that most (6 months) when it had lots of errors, but now they are few and just minor, so if we all use the same version I cant understand why mine shud work fine and others don't, unless OFC they havent set x,z,z as they should have done. I laos play Ipoker and Ongame with no problems

its not performance related i have a month old computer, thank you oh and btw i actually defended hem2 naively like you before, on partimepoker only to get 3 bugs afterwards so no im not a pessimist im a realist.

johncc
11-16-2011, 04:22 PM
I also understand ppl's frustations, trust me i been tesing it for 6 months, once again nothing to do with me, but i cannot find another post you have written where you have mention a bug in partimepoker, I also cannot find a skin by that name, only a staking company

downbytheriver
11-16-2011, 04:24 PM
well i dont know , i have a fast comptuer . running xp... have done alll the .net fix's and if i get more than 500 hands in a sesion and go to check my graph or minamize HEM2 the whole computer slows to a hault and i time out on tables. its a joke

mygameispoke
11-16-2011, 04:25 PM
I also understand ppl's frustations, trust me i been tesing it for 6 months, once again nothing to do with me, but i cannot find another post you have written where you have mention a bug in partimepoker, I also cannot find a skin by that name, only a staking company

Part Time Poker Staking Forums (http://forum.parttimepoker.com/shooting-off/858213-hem2-review.html)

im molsoncanadian

Veteran68
11-16-2011, 05:35 PM
johncc, I'm with you. I've been running HM2 since April and am quite happy with it. Yes it still has a bug crop up every so often, but so did HM1 (and PT3). I've tried to refrain from responding in all the HM2 bashing posts because I figure it just makes me look like an apologist or rabid fanboy who thinks HM can do no wrong. Quite the contrary, I've been quite blunt with my feedback in the 3+ years I ran HM1 as well as throughout the HM2 testing cycle. Yet I wouldn't dream of going back to HM1 at this point.

Yes they're breaking things here and there as they roll out updates, but that's not unheard of and they tend to address them pretty quickly. This is a big release with a lot of complex new features trying to keep up with a lot of moving targets (poker site updates, a million different user PC specs, some people resistant to design changes, etc.), so I cut 'em some slack. I also have the perspective of someone in the software development field who sees this rollout as pretty routine actually and not nearly as bad as others I've seen or been involved with. Things will settle down and smooth out, but there is usually a price to pay to be an early adopter. For those that can't stomach it for now, they should probably stick with HM1.

johncc
11-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Part Time Poker Staking Forums (http://forum.parttimepoker.com/shooting-off/858213-hem2-review.html)

im molsoncanadian

as I did mention you cant have a problem using HM2 on this site as it is simply a staking company and NOT a poker skin

SuperSized
11-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Taking the moral high ground is easy when your own purposes are served. There are plenty of people who have performance issues with both the HUD and the program.

That said, I have been an Alpha tester and I'm pleased with the progress which is being made. At the same time there are a number of crucial things I need to see improved before I would consider buying the software myself.

1. There are speed issues with the HUD when multi-tabling. This has been noted by many independent sources.

2. Reports take nearly a minute to load in some cases. I have plenty of CPU and RAM. I understand hands are being loaded in memory first, but what is wrong with producing reports in the same manner as HM1 while loading the hands into a memory in the background? This would give the user the ability to quickly see reports, while still getting the performance bonus once the hands are loaded.

3. The HUD still messes with the windows z-order and opens new tables on top of existing tables. This obviously needs to change and has been a problem since as long as I can remember using HM2.

4. For SNG players there are many issues including bugs during editing tournament summaries, reports which do not display the correct until a restart (sometimes needing a second restart), a tournament graph that doesn't update correctly, incorrect EV numbers and so on.

johncc
11-17-2011, 09:03 AM
if that was aimed at me.

I dont play sng so cant answer, I have a supercrap laptop, only 2gb of ram and it all works perfectly and in an instance.

Why others have problems I have no idea, unless mine is somehow set up differently

mygameispoke
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
as I did mention you cant have a problem using HM2 on this site as it is simply a staking company and NOT a poker skin

lol are you serious, noone said it was a skin? I said people are posting on this STAKING SITE, about how crappy hem 2 is, much like they are posting here.

johncc
11-17-2011, 10:23 AM
well if you wish to lol, please try and get it right as you said you commented on there (naivley) about how good you thought it was and made no mention at all of ppl moaning on that site

So as i was trying to help you, go figure yourself

mygameispoke
11-17-2011, 11:02 AM
well if you wish to lol, please try and get it right as you said you commented on there (naivley) about how good you thought it was and made no mention at all of ppl moaning on that site

So as i was trying to help you, go figure yourself

this is true, but thats because i didnt really know, because the only reason i have membership to these forums it to get my hem fixed lol

johncc
11-17-2011, 11:08 AM
So go to the main forum and post your fault, because from what i can tell all you have said is your have lost your database, maybe a bigger explanation and HM ppl should be able to help

udbrky
11-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Please update to the latest version.

Barlin63
11-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Please update to the latest version.
I am sorry, nice try, but still a piece of shit. Today I will install PT3 to see how it fits my needs and if it does I will collect my 80 bucks from you to get it over with. There is no sense in arguing that we cannot play because of all the bugs while you are believing that it is a absolute fantastic product. Please come to your senses and start working on the bugs and performance issues for real.