PDA

View Full Version : Prima/Microgaming hands import

Ankhes
07-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi,
I have got problem just like the one in this topic:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261&page=4

Nothing has worked for me even though I think that I have tested all possible solutions that have come on this forum.
In the last post you suggest to backup my your data folder and then delete that data folder then reinstall PostgreSQL and import my
archived hands. I imported my whole HHArchives folder but surprisingly it imported all hands I have played except from Prima/Microgaming ones(even though in autoimport configuration folders they have the same archive folder). I tired to recover my database from GameHistory.dat file also but without succes ( I tried renaming and coping this file to another folder). I guess it might be because I haven't played for a month.

Any ideas how I can recover my Prima/Microgaming histories(and histories I gathered with datamining)?

Best regards,
Łukasz

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Please make sure you are using 1.09 beta 14a linked in my signature. You may need to copy those HH files now to a different folder, before manually importing them again, so HM doesnt see them as duplicate files. If none of that helps, please ZIP and email some of the problem hand histories to support@holdemmanager.net with a description of the problem and a link to this thread.

Ankhes
07-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I updated HM but still it sees files but I get message "1 imported files,files imported 1 of 1, hand imported 0, errors 0, duplicates 0". I'm not sure how I can separate hand histories in this file (its over 446mb single file - should i zip and send that big file?)

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
I updated HM but still it sees files but I get message "1 imported files,files imported 1 of 1, hand imported 0, errors 0, duplicates 0". I'm not sure how I can separate hand histories in this file (its over 446mb single file - should i zip and send that big file?)

Is it 1 single text file? Or a different file-type? If it is many hands inside of 1 large file, you could open it, copy out 5 or 10 of the hands, and paste them into a new text document, so it will be simple to email. Even if it is a text file, the best that would compress to would still be 40 or 50 MB big.

Let me know how that goes, or if you need help. Worst case it may be possible to compress the large file and upload it to a file hosting site like mediafire or megaupload.

Ankhes
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
its single file with .dat extension

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 02:43 PM
its single file with .dat extension

The way prima does their HH files, the file grows and grows but you cant retrieve all hands from the file.

If you haven't yet, please try copying that DAT file to a new folder, and try to manually import the file from there. You could also try creating a new DB and importing from the new copied version of the file.

If none of that works, there is likely nothing we can do to get the hand history info from the .dat file, unfortunately.

Ankhes
07-09-2009, 05:08 PM
I was out for a while and when I came home it imported from this file :) But strangely only like 1/3 of hands that supposed to be there. I'm still wondering whether its possible to import them from somewhere else (in HHArchives folder i guess for some reasons I haven't seen a single Prima/Microgaming hand) but maybe from big 7gb previous database folder. I will maybe ask TellPoker for my handhistories also.

BTW: is it possible to recover notes from old database?

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 05:27 PM

BTW: is it possible to recover notes from old database?

You need to export them from the DB, so you can import them to the new DB.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=119

Ankhes
07-09-2009, 06:01 PM
There is another way? I have made new DB because I couldn't start the old one (couldn't connect to postgresql - Failed to establish a connection to ‘127.0.0.1’ , nothing has helped me). Thats why I can't export my hands from old database also. Is there any use for my old 7gb data folder that I have copied before reinstalling postgresql?

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I don't believe there is any other way to get the notes, unless you exported them at some point in time.

If your old DB that is in the data folder was corrupt, then there is nothing you will be able to do with it. It is possible to uninstall SQL and reinstall it, using an old data folder, if you have the same version of SQL. Unfortunately if it was the DB that was causing those connection errors, chances are it wont install properly or connect once it does.