PDA

View Full Version : "Importer Initializing" frozen

LowWater
07-09-2009, 05:42 AM
While starting up HEM, it initialized the database as always then went to the usually brief message of "importer initializing" in the bottom box where the details of "Folder Imports" appear. After five minutes with no change to the message, it was obviously not operating correctly.

I stopped the program. I executed "stop service", then "start service" (under Programs/PostgreSQL 8.3) and restarted HEM. Same problem. I then simply forced the "Import From Folder" of a couple days of importable hands and it seems to be importing without difficulty as always. Of course, I'm at the beginning of a two-hour import so I have no idea if it's importing correctly nor how to check when it's done to see if it did in fact import correctly.

Any idea why I'm getting the "importer initializing" message frozen at the beginning of the HEM executable? Should I worry?

LowWater
07-09-2009, 05:53 AM
1/2 way done - 20 hands/sec, 24K hands imported, 0 Duplicates, 0 Errors.

netsrak
07-09-2009, 07:04 AM
After the program starts you always see this message Importer initializing.. until you make an action (start import). This is the normal behaviour.

This has nothing to do with the postgresql services.

LowWater
07-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Curiously, when I start up HEM, the "Importer Initializing" message just flashes for a second, then terminates. This behaviour (on my system) is different.

netsrak
07-10-2009, 06:24 AM
For me its normal. Importer initializing.. remains until i start an import

LowWater
07-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Curious.

FWIW, my dilemma has gone away. My HEM has reverted to its customary behaviour and is importing without difficulty.