PDA

View Full Version : Strange iPoker HUD Compatability

panorama
07-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi,

I'm using 1.09 beta 14a

I haven't had any trouble with my hem/hud on FTP and Stars for a very very long time but I'm noticing weird bugs with iPoker which I've started recently, particularly that the HUD seems unclickable (won't register my left or right "clicks"). "Locked Layout" is not checked in my HUD Options. Hovering my mouse over stats will still bring up the pop up display (so the HUD does acknowledge the presence of my mouse), but for instance I'm unable to
a. Move the Stat positions
b. Bring up the bigger pop up display (which activates on my left click)
c. Bring up the hand history display
d. Create a new HUD note

What's weird is that this problem doesn't occur 100% of the time. There will be random times when suddenly the clicks will register but these timing windows don't last very long.

Another thing, I think this may be working as intended, but is there a way to change Session times or combine sessions? For instance if I play a session on FTP and iPoker simultaneously, HEM will create 2 different "Sessions" because FTP is on EST while iPoker is like 5 hours ahead. I'd prefer having these 2 combined into 1 session, since right now if I play an hour session on both sites it will seem to HEM as if I played 2 hours total, which messes up the hourly stats in hem etc.

Thanks a lot!

fozzy71
07-09-2009, 12:17 AM
I will forward the HUD issues to the developer. I am not sure about your time issue. That may be better answered by the developer or one of our support guys that plays in different time zones. I live in EST and only play at Stars. :o

panorama
07-09-2009, 05:42 PM
thanks fozzy :)

panorama
07-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Sorry but any update on this? The problem still persists, thanks!

fozzy71
07-11-2009, 10:05 AM
The developers have been swamped with issues from the FTP update. Now that Beta 15 is released they should have time to catch up on these threads.

I just thought of one thing you could try to check, for the HUD clicking issue. Make sure you do not have HUD Options > Tables Preferences > Click For Popup turned on.

panorama
07-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it :)

Click for Popup isn't turned on.

Also some more specifics about the HUD problem if needed:

It seems I can bring up the hand history viewer more often, but it seems like actually the drop down list (for previous hands) rarely ever works. Also, I can switch the hud stats from lifetime database stats <-> session stats (double clicking), but on the same note it's still difficult for me to get the Notes function to come up. These problems are pretty peculiar overall.

Thanks again :).

panorama
07-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Sorry to keep bumping this but has there been any update? Both problems still persist.. (though for the first problem, it sometimes works better if I click and hold whatever it is I need done, rather than just trying to get it with 1 quick click, such as using notes etc) thanks

I am also on beta 20 atm

netsrak
07-29-2009, 04:18 AM
Your HUD problems are not a common issue so its difficult to help you.

Lets start with giving us some more details about your system. Please post the answers to this FAQ:

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

panorama
07-29-2009, 04:47 AM
no problem, here it is:

1) What version of Holdem Manager are you using eg 1.06.04 Beta 12?
1.09 beta 20

2) What Poker Site are you playing on and does the problem occur on more than 1 site?
iPoker, only occurs on iPoker (no problems on FTP and PS)

2a) Have you clicked the Start Auto Import Button?
yes

3) Have you the settings exactly as per the FAQ for your site?
yes

4) Can you see the Hand History files showing up in the correct Folder on your PC, this folder should be indentical to the path location you set in Options > Configure Auto Import Folder in HM? If so please copy and paste the location as shown in the FAQ?
yes, C:\Poker\PropagandaPoker\History\{my username} + subfolders

5) Are the hands being imported into Holdem Manager?
yes

5a) Do they import if you create a new database?
yes

6) Have You Tried the Table Finder and did it work?
hud appears fine, n/a

7) If you open the HH are they written in English?
yes

8) If your using Vista have you UAC disabled?
not vista, XP

9) Have you attached the holdemmanager.config file?
see attached

keep in mind that HEM imports fine, and the HUD shows up fine, and the problem is just related to clicking. This also anomaly also occurs on my laptop. For what it's worth, I have minimaxmod running but I don't think that should cause any problems. I can also make a video of the problem if you think that would be more convenient.

Also fwiw, the problem carried over into the new test database I made as well, so I don't think it's a matter of my database being corrupted or anything of that sort.

Thanks!

netsrak
07-29-2009, 05:41 AM
I have some more questions:

- Which type of Laptop?
- Which graphic card?
- Which XP service pack level?
- Which firewall / virus scanner / spyware software?

A video showing the problem would be very helpful

panorama
07-29-2009, 06:09 AM
My laptop is my secondary computer (lenovo t61p), i can't check what graphics card it is at the moment but it's also running XP

desktop graphics card: ati radeon hd 2400 pro
XP service pack 2 (likely same on laptop)
AVG antivirus, generic internal windows firewall

So like I mentioned, FTP/PS run perfectly smooth, so it's weird that I only get this problem with ipoker.

Here's the video of the problem, its about 12 mb and 1 minute 30 seconds long.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3tbkzx

fozzy71
07-29-2009, 07:57 AM
I sent this to the HUD developer so he can read over the thread and watch the video.

panorama
07-29-2009, 08:05 AM
thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it :) has this issue never been reported? i'm wondering if it may just be an issue with my computers or something...

also, any idea on how to fix the hand time issue? (changing hand history times from server time to local time, so playing simultaneous sessions on sites with different server times will file in the same session on HEM) thanks!

netsrak
07-29-2009, 08:16 AM
The fixing of the time issue is planned for one of the next releases.

The other problem i'm pretty sure is something with your computer. Lets see what Mike says...

Mike chops
07-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Can you try using a non-transparent background? Also try using force on top, hud options->table prefs

Kaizen2000
07-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Can you try using a non-transparent background? Also try using force on top, hud options->table prefs
Hi Mike, had the same problem on propaganda poker. Playing around with opacity solved the problem for me.

panorama
07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
i'm on my laptop now, i tried (with no minimaxmod) and there seemd to be an improvement in response, but there would still be times where i get absolutely no response whatsoever to my clicks. it was still a noticeable improvement, but im not sure if that has to do with minimaxmod or not. using a non-transparent background and forcing on top didn't seem to really add much.

i need to get to bed and i'll be back on my desktop tomorrow, and i'll try kaizen's suggestion then. thanks for the help!

panorama
07-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Tried the adjustments (including changing opacity) on my desktop. I would get brief functionality, then I would try out the hand history window, which would come up fine, then I'd click the drop down list for previous hands, the drop down list would close on it own and all my problems came back. I repeated this cycle 3 times, maybe it has something to do with that? :x thanks