PDA

View Full Version : need help

saintjohn
10-16-2011, 03:51 AM
i'm posting this letter here in hopes i may be able to get a little more help with some issues that i've been corresponding about with hem support the past few days. hoping that maybe fozzy, sarek or patvs may see this, as they have helped me several times in the past.

"my holdem manager software will open now on both of my computers, but only with my old database. the new database that was suggested that i create doesn't seem to import into hem.

here are the present issues on my laptop and my desktop :

the hands are importing in a fashion, and you can see the date and time of each hand. all the flop cards are there for any hand that saw a flop, but there are no hole cards showing for hero or villain. as soon as "show known hole cards" box is checked, 90% of the hands played after 10-07-11 disappear. apparently this is when the problem started. this problem exists on both computers. the bodog hand grabber(bhg) shows that it is counting the hands. i hadn't noticed the problem with the "show known hole cards" yet when i was having a teamviewer session with rob last week, or i would have pointed it out to him. at that time my hud had stopped opening and i was unable to transfer my notes from my laptop to my desktop. rob successfully fixed my hud issue, but was unable to import most of my notes. he suggested that i vacum/analyze and said i may have a corrupt database. i did the vacum/analyze but still couldn't import notes to the desktop.

after creating a new database i can't see where anything is being loaded into hem, and i'm unable to enter my name into "player search". i get an error message saying i haven't entered a players name.

i'm not getting anymore error messages to send you other than that.

i need a lot more help with these issues than i'm getting so far. there's simply no way i'm going to be able to get this straighted out without direct involvement via teamviewer with an experienced hem support person.

my next step is to post this letter on the forum and i'm hoping to get someone who will be able to respond to the issues i'm having in an effective manner such as to directly look at my hem software via teamviewer and assess the problems.

i appreciate the efforts you've made to help me so far and recognize completely that my shortcomings with computers may be the primary issue resolving my hem problems."

thank you

saint john

Patvs
10-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Which SQL version are you using?
Export your notes: options--> notes--> export notes

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Create a new database: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> Create New Database--> (set it as default)--> Start HoldemManager

Reimport your handhistories: run a import from folder on your archive folder.
Import the notes again.

And create a backup of the database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

saintjohn
10-16-2011, 07:16 PM
hey pat,

thanks for getting back. i had already tried your suggestions to no avail. fozzy wrote me back and i believe he will schedule a teamviewer session to try and help.

thanks again though.

saint john

saintjohn
10-19-2011, 10:09 AM
i'm posting this for anyone who may have upgraded their bodog hand grabber from version 1.17 to version 1.18. this is what caused my hands to stop importing into hem correctly. fozzy figured this out, although i was beginning to have my own suspicions. as soon as i went back to version 1.17 everything worked fine again.

saint john

Sarek
10-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Thank you for warning. The only thing remains - to upload this 1.17 somewhere.
But possibly it's developers won't like such thing...