PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing Players

Dirksanonfactor
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Every time HEM starts there is a pop up that says it is "Optimizing players" and that "this process could take a while." It usually takes at least 5 minutes to finish and then I get an error box, which I close, and then start up my session....I have to do this every time HEM starts now....is there something I can do about the "optimizing players" process that will help HEM start up faster? Thanks in advance.

netsrak
07-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Please use the latest beta: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If this doesn't help you can switch off the optimising process: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9435&highlight=optimizing

Dirksanonfactor
08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
I dl'd the latest beta and now I can't even start HEM....i get this message every time "unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click Quit, the app will close immediately. Could not load file or assembly 'Zedgraph, version=5.1.0.621, cultured=neutral, publickeytoken= blah blah blah......not sure wha'ts going on.

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Are you sure you installed the beta update to the same folder as your original HM installation?

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Dirksanonfactor
08-27-2009, 07:21 PM
so I should save the link to the HEM folder and then reboot my computer and install it right away?

fozzy71
08-27-2009, 07:35 PM
No, you can download it to anywhere - desktop, \downloads folder, etc. Just somewhere different than where you downloaded it to last time. This is to make sure you get a fresh copy of the download, in case something was corrupted in the previous download.

You do NOT want to download the update to, and run it from, the \holdem manager folder. That is where you want to make sure it is getting installed to. The update package should auto detect the install path, as long as you did not install HM to a unique location, that is specific to your own PC.