PDA

View Full Version : Comp can't handle HM2 :(

SilverSag
10-15-2011, 03:40 AM
I am using a quite old setup:

Pentium 4 3.00 GHz with 2.0 GB of RAM running Windows XP Professional 2002 and NVidia GeForce 7600 GT. As I said in earlier post it was capable of running World of Warcraft with fulL graphics at maximum resolution and 40 other players, but...

it seems unable to handle the HM2 when playing 6 tables on Boss Media. If I dont do anything on HM2 then there is noticeable lag when pressing buttons. As soon as I try to perform any actions with HM2, lag becomes a problem to the point that it is impossible to play :( I have already lost some money for blinds when rejoining table and I will now revert to using HM1 before thi slag costs me full stack.

I am not running anything else apart from poker room software and HM2 (no music in background, nothing), but simple operations like switching between Sessions and Reports tab take almost half a minute and if poker room software is running at that time, then everything stops and can frantically click away on buttons untill I time out.

So I guess you should write minimum system requirements and I need to buy a new comp... :(

Still... unless there is something really wrong with my computer (which seems to run fine for everything else) and/or you can explain what incredible amount of computing power is needed for processing a few bits of hand history information - I would say it is very, very inneficient programming. :( It should NOT be taking so much resources...

p.s. I turned of automatic refresh of reports, but it didnt seem to change much.

morny
10-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Hi,

Please email hm2support@holdemmanager.com which has a bunch of performance upgrades and well see if this solves the issues for you and if not well follow up with more details