PDA

View Full Version : HoldemManager and Security question.

marvelage
10-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Hi, i have a kind of unusual question.

Taking into account big amount of different frauds are happening nowadays in poker industry and high enough stakes I am playing ,

How I can be sured that Holdem Manager is not a huge trojan created by professional hacker to avoid antiviruses and steal poker player's passwords and cards during online session?

I think thats easy enough to steal my cards from the screen while playing against me. That kind of crime would be too difficult to detect and espessially to prove. I think you could download a trojan on my comp with regular update and than start in the background a process that hasn't any connection to holdemmanager's process. And the main function of it is capturing my cards from the screen and sending to your server.

Patvs
10-15-2011, 11:20 PM
There are network sniffing programs (any antivirus/antispyware program) widely available and if HM was doing this it would be detected by these programs and easy to prove.

I can assure you Holdem Manager is not a virus. We're in business to supply players a quality poker analysis solution. People use our program to find anomalies in people's play. Poker sites even use our software to aid them in their security departments as well.

When antivirus programs have flagged Holdem Manager in the past a simple email asking them to investigate has always resulted in HM passing their tests. If you downloaded Holdem Manager from our website I can assure you its virus free.

We also suggest you keep windows up to date, use a firewall and regularly check your PC for viruses/spyware.