PDA

View Full Version : filtering stats

iwannawon
07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
sorry if this is already here somewhere, i couldn't find it.

i read a post somewhere (can't remember where) that said his hud stats filtered based on how many people were still on the table. i'm assumed it meant if he's on a 9 man sng, and 3 people bust out, it automatically changes to only shows stats based on 6 man hands. so you could see if their vpip, etc changes mid game compared to earlier, etc.

if this is possible, where to i look? i see the additional hud filters and set those up but i'm not sure what they're doing. i don't see any changes as people bust on my tables.

i also see where i can set preferences for hu, 6max, and full. if i set these up, do i have to manually switch between them on each table using the table manager? if this wasn't manual, i might like it better than the first option because i could set up different color ranges for each.

hope that made sense. thanks.

netsrak
07-08-2009, 01:07 PM
For the no. of players at the table you use the additional hud filters.

For different types of games you can configure different HUDS, assign them via the "Use for" tab in the player preferences.

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
For the no. of players at the table you use the additional hud filters. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=131

For different types of games you can configure different HUDS, assign them via the "Use for" tab in the player preferences. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=135

FYP

This reminds me I need to get busy updating/re-writing FAQ #135. :(

I also got A LOT of FTP mods to convert and recreate. :mad:

iwannawon
07-08-2009, 06:08 PM
thanks. i'll pay more attention next time to make sure if they're changing and i'm just not noticing. looking at the faq, i have it set up right but i didn't notice any changes.

if i've never played with them before, a player busts, and we drop down to a lower filter level, wouldn't all my hud stats reset/be 0? also, does the # of hands filter to show how many hands are within that filter? or does it always show the total # of hands regardless?

thanks.

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 07:08 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=131

A theoretical example

Let's say were playing a tournament and were in the latter stages against some regulars and we're down to the the last 3. The stats we have are not very useful because they include mostly full ring stats which for the most part would be much tighter stats than what he's playing now 3 handed.

However, if we had set Filter # Players 3 to a Min of 2 and a Max of 4, we would see more useful stats as this would show us only his stats when we played at a table with between 2 and 4 players.

So,if you have 100 hands on someone, but only 25 of those hands were played with 2-4 people at the table, your stats will only display numbers from those particular 25 hands.

iwannawon
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
yeah! i just tried again and it is updating. everything resets when it drops down to another filter. not sure how i missed it before. sorry for the trouble.

but... now all my stats are shifted over one player. is that related to the new ftp update? if so, do i wait for a hem fix or just move them around to match up again? don't want to mess with it if there's a fix that will move them right back.

looks like i have to lurk around the graphics thread again and get some new card mods. yuck.

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Are you using the latest 1.09 Beta 14a? Link is in my signature.

Otherwise you probably just need to adjust them again for whatever reason. Make sure you do that on a single table first, and get everything positioned, before you multi-table. Ctrl+Right-Click+Drag

iwannawon
07-08-2009, 11:51 PM
thanks, i'll give it a try. looks like other threads say it fixes the ftp issues. i saw 'beta' and didn't want to mess with it before.

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 11:59 PM
The betas are typically quite stable, and often very necessary.