PDA

View Full Version : Problems with HUD after FullTilt Upgrade

mike999
07-08-2009, 09:16 AM
There was an major upgrade on FullTilt today. Since then, the HUD doesn't show anymore. No Hand Histories are stored anymore for opened tables. Any ideas if this can be fixed?

chambraigne
07-08-2009, 09:18 AM
The HUD works for me for about 10-15 hands while I am playing, then stops. HM continues importing HH correctly, though.

destival
07-08-2009, 09:23 AM
yup, doing the same thing for me

praios
07-08-2009, 09:42 AM
same problem

Nairb
07-08-2009, 09:46 AM
same problem

Same here too

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 10:40 AM
You can try using the Table Finder while you wait for them to get a fix out. They just released beta 14 last night and hours later the ftp update rolls out. :p

This update has wreaked havoc for everyone, for all software. All my custom mods customers are without custom graphics. Full Tilt ShortCuts, Poker Shortcuts, AHK scripts, etc...

stormcrow55
07-08-2009, 11:11 AM
And of course the big thing they have done is to stop you mining observed hands. So now FT, the easiest site to datamine, has got it's act together. Hardly surprising after their heavy footed jackboots stomping all over OPR last week.

Mazarinni
07-08-2009, 11:15 AM
So is it a problem with full tilt software or with HM?

PsYcOsNiPeR
07-08-2009, 11:17 AM

both imo

also +1 i have it too obv

netsrak
07-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Think of it - FTP made an Update - HM didn't change everything, other Stat programs are not working too. Who is responsible?

PsYcOsNiPeR
07-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Think of it - FTP made an Update - HM didn't change everything, other Stat programs are not working too. Who is responsible?

To play the devils advocate, PT3 worked with the beta of FTP in anticipation of this update..HEM did not.

PT3 works fine, HEM does not.

However, here I am, on the HEM forums.

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I had no problems importing hands from the original Full Tilt Poker Beta client into HM. The old client that got upgraded to the new beta version, is a different story, unfortunately.

07-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Howard Lederer? :)

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I just got a few bucks on ftp for testing:

I have no problem importing or with HUD on FTP, with 1.09 Beta 14 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

You need to change your import folder to your username, instead of the main HH folder. They stopped writing observed HHs to stop datamining.

Gularch
07-08-2009, 01:48 PM
The HUD works for me for about 10-15 hands while I am playing, then stops. HM continues importing HH correctly, though.

Same thing here Holdem Manager is working fine but HUD just stops updating after 5-10 hands. I updated and also tried changing import folder to my username. Still doesnt work. Any other solutions that I can try?

P.S: I know it's not your fault at holdem manager.It is new fulltilt's stupid software with their changed hand replayer and new looks. I am going insane here :)

Highbeem
07-08-2009, 01:49 PM
You need to change your import folder to your username, instead of the main HH folder. They stopped writing observed HHs to stop datamining.

Thanks, but I really don't uderstand how I can do this. Can you explain a bit more where I change this? At configure auto import folders? Or Import from folder?

DHew
07-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Same thing here Holdem Manager is working fine but HUD just stops updating after 5-10 hands. I updated and also tried changing import folder to my username. Still doesnt work. Any other solutions that I can try?

P.S: I know it's not your fault at holdem manager.It is new fulltilt's stupid software with their changed hand replayer and new looks. I am going insane here :)

I did the same, and it still doesn't work.

DHew
07-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I just got a few bucks on ftp for testing:

I have no problem importing or with HUD on FTP, with 1.09 Beta 14 - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

How many hands did you do this with??? It works fine and imports fine. Then the hud just stops working after ten or so hands. However, the hands continue to import with out any problems. The hud just stops updating the stats.

stormcrow55
07-08-2009, 02:05 PM
How many hands did you do this with??? It works fine and imports fine. Then the hud just stops working after ten or so hands. However, the hands continue to import with out any problems. The hud just stops updating the stats.

THIS!!!

Just played a MTT and HUD stopped after 5 hands. However hands were imported into dB correctly.

Mazarinni
07-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I had no problems importing hands from the original Full Tilt Poker Beta client into HM. The old client that got upgraded to the new beta version, is a different story, unfortunately.

You mean if I uninstall the old client and install new the problem will be solved?:confused:

Santos
07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
i did the update and didnt change anything else at all and everything is working as before for HE and PLO ...

\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\HandHistory\Username is where i had my HH going to from FT

Highbeem
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
i did the update and didnt change anything else at all and everything is working as before for HE and PLO ...

\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\HandHistory\Username is where i had my HH going to from FT

Yes, import works normal, but the HUD doesn't work after a few hands

Santos
07-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes, import works normal, but the HUD doesn't work after a few hands

yeah i read the posts about it stopping so i let it run for a bit and it went fine up past 10 hands with the HUD updating normally as well. i havent played a session yet tho so...

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes, once I played 2 tables it froze after 21 hands.

http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

* (1.09 Beta 14a BUG) Updated to deal with FTP client change which would cause hud to stop updating after about 10 minutes
* (1.09 Beta 14a BUG) Fixed issue with Prima cash games not auto detecting within hud without table finder

PLEASE NOTE: We will have a scanner update later today - this is taking a little bit longer to fix and we wanted to make sure the manager + hud were operational for people

EDIT: FTP SERVER SCANNING IS NOW ENABLED

Nairb
07-08-2009, 05:02 PM
So, Fozzy, the above update should fix the problem or do I still need to change the HH folder to a different name as suggested above ?

I am confused.

netsrak
07-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Just intstall the update and the HUD works again.

Maria Ols
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
So, Fozzy, the above update should fix the problem or do I still need to change the HH folder to a different name as suggested above ?

I am confused.

+1 :confused:

Already updated to beta-version, but HUD still freezes after about 20 hands, and HEM canīt find new files

mak
07-08-2009, 06:48 PM
I updated to 1.09 beta 14a, but my HUD still is not showing... at least nothing pops up on observed tables. Do I actully need to be playing for the HUD to pop up? Can't HEM show a HUD for previous hands I have on the players. Right now, there is nothing---regardless of what prior hands I have on the players. I haven't tried actually playing a table after I updated to 14a, but I would assume that the HUD still won't show. I guess I'll just play on PokerStars untill this mess sorts out.

What is everyone else experiencing?

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 07:21 PM
You are no longer allowed to import observed hands or have your HUD display before you have actually played a hand. Datamining has always been against the rules at FTP. It was just unenforceable because they wrote observed Hands to the drive. The new FTP client does not write observed hands, so it is not possible for you to import them. The truth of the matter is, you should have never been able to.

^^

corndogg99
07-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Hello Fozzy -

You requested that I start a new thread here when I posted on 2+2, but, I see that this one is ongoing so if you want a completely separate thread, I guess you could move it, but I'm having trouble after the update. I'll repost the info from there here.

I played on PokerStars last night, and the HUD would not work there at all. This was the first time I played there since their most recent update. I didn't try to fix anything with it at the time.

Today, after the FTP update, HEM was up and running just fine, for 6-9 hands on most of my tables. It seemed to stop working when I went to try to see a previous hand played, noticed that it was a new replayer or something (which I also could not use for some reason), and then it just quit working. This is what I have done to try to fix it.

I deleted the file folders for importing, and then added them back.

Restarted HEM.

Relaunched HUD.

Installed the most recent beta version, but it seems like it isn't right because when I start up HEM it still says version 1.08.04.

I am using a Vista 64 sytem.
UAC controls are off.

I can't think of anything else.

I have looked through the FAQ and this thread, can't figure out what I should do next. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I was playing all SNGs if that matters.

Oh, and one more thing just happened. I started up HEM, then clicked on database management. I got an error that said:

DBControlPanel has stopped working
Windows is collecting more information about the problem. This might take several minutes.

mak
07-08-2009, 09:54 PM
You are no longer allowed to import observed hands or have your HUD display before you have actually played a hand. Datamining has always been against the rules at FTP. It was just unenforceable because they wrote observed Hands to the drive. The new FTP client does not write observed hands, so it is not possible for you to import them. The truth of the matter is, you should have never been able to.

^^

Why can't we have the HUD shown without datamining (similar to what is done on Poker Stars)?

fozzy71
07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Why can't we have the HUD shown without datamining (similar to what is done on Poker Stars)?

My limited understanding is that Full Tilt does not want trackers to pre-Fetch a single hand like Pokerstars allows us to do.

SHaCK
07-10-2009, 10:51 AM
so i got the new update, set my auto-import folder to my nickname but still no HUD

no tables showing up in the table manager either

Ajax
07-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Not sure what to do at this point. I am using 1.09 beta 14a.

Has there been some recent change that requires us to change the location of the auto import folder? I read where someone referred to doing this, but I do not know what change is required, if one is required that is.

I play at Full Tilt.

fozzy71
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Hello Fozzy -

You requested that I start a new thread here when I posted on 2+2, but, I see that this one is ongoing so if you want a completely separate thread, I guess you could move it, but I'm having trouble after the update. I'll repost the info from there here.

I played on PokerStars last night, and the HUD would not work there at all. This was the first time I played there since their most recent update. I didn't try to fix anything with it at the time.

Today, after the FTP update, HEM was up and running just fine, for 6-9 hands on most of my tables. It seemed to stop working when I went to try to see a previous hand played, noticed that it was a new replayer or something (which I also could not use for some reason), and then it just quit working. This is what I have done to try to fix it.

I deleted the file folders for importing, and then added them back.

Restarted HEM.

Relaunched HUD.

Installed the most recent beta version, but it seems like it isn't right because when I start up HEM it still says version 1.08.04.

I am using a Vista 64 sytem.
UAC controls are off.

I can't think of anything else.

I have looked through the FAQ and this thread, can't figure out what I should do next. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I was playing all SNGs if that matters.

Oh, and one more thing just happened. I started up HEM, then clicked on database management. I got an error that said:

DBControlPanel has stopped working
Windows is collecting more information about the problem. This might take several minutes.

I think I missed this post. If it says 1.08.04, it did not update properly.

Please check your task manager for these 4 EXE processes and stop them if you see them.

holdemmanager, hmhud, hmimport, and hmbetaupdate.

Try the update again.

You could also try rebooting before running the update.

If it still won't update please let me know and I can merge this stuff to it's own thread and try to help via a remote support session.

so i got the new update, set my auto-import folder to my nickname but still no HUD

no tables showing up in the table manager either

Not sure what to do at this point. I am using 1.09 beta 14a.

Has there been some recent change that requires us to change the location of the auto import folder? I read where someone referred to doing this, but I do not know what change is required, if one is required that is.

I play at Full Tilt.

You should be able to leave it set to either the \hand history or \username folder, as long as it is set to import from sub-folders. There are still some tables that are causing issues with beta 14a. They are working hard to make sure they are all resolved before releasing beta 15.

I am playing a session right now using 14a and having no problems on my XP machine. ~40 hands in on 2 tables.

If you still cant import or get a HUD up, please start a new thread for your problem with as many details as you can, so we can help you as efficiently as possible. It is hard to keep peoples different issues organized in the same thread.

SHaCK
07-10-2009, 01:26 PM
Ok i figured it out (For those that don't have a HUD at all ) :

open table manager (double-click spade icon bottom right of your screen)
under the "Table" tab, click Table Finder
select one table in the list and drag the red square on it
answer yes to the popup that wants to link """ to fulltilt tables or w/e
HUD should pop up
voila!

fozzy71
07-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Sorry, I always forget to mention that for a possible solution, because I have never had to use it in my own play. :o

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

SHaCK
07-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Sorry, I always forget to mention that for a possible solution, because I have never had to use it in my own play. :o

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

does that mean you will promote me to moderator ? :p