PDA

View Full Version : HM2 hud has worse spacing compared to HM 1

Mercadiator
10-13-2011, 08:35 PM
HM 1 spacing:

HM 2 spacing:

In HM 1 it was possible to get lots of stats in a very tiny space, but now with HM 2 this is no longer possible since the spacing is too big.

This might sound stupid but every pixel is important in my case and this is really costing me valuable space.

udbrky
10-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Please export the 1.0 HUD and email it to us at hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread so we can compare them and look into this..

SilverSag
10-15-2011, 03:20 AM
HM 1 spacing:

HM 2 spacing:

In HM 1 it was possible to get lots of stats in a very tiny space, but now with HM 2 this is no longer possible since the spacing is too big.

This might sound stupid but every pixel is important in my case and this is really costing me valuable space.

I find this comment very odd... My impressions are opposite:

It was very difficult to get lots of stats in a tiny place (at least compared to PT3) with HM1, but now font is very small, yet readable and stats take much less space. At least in default form.

bluetail
10-31-2011, 02:01 PM
HM 1 spacing:

HM 2 spacing:

100% agree with Mercadiator, this extra space is very annoying when you want to display large numbers of stats. Every pixel matters.

udbrky
11-01-2011, 06:14 AM
We are looking at ways to eliminate any excess. Some fonts will be more trim than others. It's a balance though, because if you cut too small, stats run together and cut off.

melles
11-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Ok what fonts works with spacing Tahoma is not.
If you use spacing with Tahoma the HUD get so big you cant use it, so what fonts work?

udbrky
11-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Verdana does.

SilverSag
11-06-2011, 04:25 AM
Just an info:

As you can from my previous post, I was very happy with HM2 spacing, until:

I changed my Windows defaault language from Latvian (qwerty) to English (United States)

spacing instantly went from great to horrible!

What can you make of it? I dont know... maybe go to Windows settings change language to Latvian (dont worry it wont change all interfaces into unreadable blabber :D :D :D it only changes some input options and how the date is displayed) and check if you like spacing then?

p.s. I know its not a great solution, but it should be pointing at the source of problem...

Skesis
11-06-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree about the spacing being worse in HM2. I had my hud perfect in HM1 and in HM2 it takes up at least 20% more space horizontally and vertically. That might not sound like a big deal but it is to me, it's useless space in between stats that's been added, even if you try to use no separator there is still a huge gap between all stats. If you are worried about stats running together how about giving us spacing settings so we can set it ourselves.

bluetail
11-07-2011, 04:54 PM
If you are worried about stats running together how about giving us spacing settings so we can set it ourselves.

x1000

udbrky
11-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Please post pictures of the replayer with HUD with English and Latvian. I'm not seeing this.

Skesis
11-20-2011, 05:59 PM
Any update on giving us control of the space between stats?

udbrky
11-21-2011, 09:17 PM
We are looking more into a couple spots.

Bodega
12-06-2011, 07:16 AM
I posted this in another thread before I found this one. I post this here also.

1.) Spacing in the HUD. The spacing between the numbers in HM2 take up more space than HM1. This is CRITICAL for me. I can fit one more stat per line in HM2 vs HM1. That is two stats I need to remove in my HM2 hud to fit my layout on partypoker otherwize the hud will cover the partypoker color icons and table settings. I will not upgrade to HM2 until you fix this. In the screenshot below I run both HM1 and HM2 HUD at the same time. Settings are Bold Verdana size 7 no font scaling.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ro0sr4.png

melles
12-06-2011, 11:39 AM
To lose 10-15% HUD space when using HM2 is wrong compared to using HM1 is just wrong dont know why they dont fix this.

I sent an email with my hud and explained the problem 12th october they said they were working on it and its still not fixed.

udbrky
12-08-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm following up again on yours, we'll look into more spots to decrease space.

Orion
02-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Is this already fixed? Or not?

Spacing between stats is still terrible for me.

RxzzKo
02-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Use Arial font.

£zzalor
03-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I just started using HM2 and man are there many cool features in it :)
Therefore, I feel a little bit bad about coming here to complain about one (small) problem in the presence of an overall great product.
However, I do think that myself and many others would be even more happy if your software team could decrease the spacing between the hud stats. Even better yet they should make it more open for the user to decide himself what he wants.

Please put this high on your priorities list.

Cheers.

fopah
03-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi,
It seems some fonts have larger spaces added than others in HM2. Which font are you using that the spacing seems too large?
Please send us a screenshot with as much information as possible.

£zzalor
03-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I have tried several fonts and am now using the Arial font - because the characters themselves are thinner, not the spacing. But it's still super wide between the characters and I can barely read the font since it's so thin.

Based upon my sample size of like 5 different fonts, I have to disagree that some have more spacing than others. Instead, to me it appears that the stats have 2 spacings between them instead of one.

Here's a screenshot taken with the replayers side by side. The exact same font size and both in bold.

edit: click the picture for larger size. Used font in the screenshot is Verdana/size 8/bold

fopah
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Hi,
Please send us your HUD configuration from HM1 and HM2 that these pictures are from with a link to this thread so we can look into this issue further. Send to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

PatInTheHat
06-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Has this issue ever been addressed? I too have similar spacing issue with HM2. I've found using the separator "." is the best but it would be ideal if they could add a blank space option that is similarly sized to HM1. As it is currently the blank separator is ridiculously large.

Another alternative would be to allow the choice of color for the separator as I could use the "." and turn it black to hide into the background.

udbrky
06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Thank you for the suggestion. We will discuss it over the next couple of days and make a decision on whether to add the requested feature. We would love to add everyone’s suggestions, but we also need to be careful that we do not over complicate the software with too many features. As a result not all of them are implemented. If we do not add your feature on this occasion, we may reconsider it if more people also show support for it.

£zzalor
06-07-2013, 06:08 AM
Hey

They did not improve upon this. I did however find a way to make it better. What I did was to set the HUD to "show abbreviations" in the config properties, and then delete all the abbreviations on the stats that I used in my HUD. Way less space between now.

Hope you'll like it this way.

Take care.

PatInTheHat
06-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey

They did not improve upon this. I did however find a way to make it better. What I did was to set the HUD to "show abbreviations" in the config properties, and then delete all the abbreviations on the stats that I used in my HUD. Way less space between now.

Hope you'll like it this way.

Take care.

I did try that unfortunately I found there is absolutely no space between stats when doing this. With HM1 using this trick would leave just the perfect amount of space