PDA

View Full Version : My first impressions

jerseys
10-13-2011, 06:17 AM
What I like:
- Hem2 sets itself up with import folders and what not and even starts auto import and is ready to go, including prefetch

- I like how I just selected "import everything" from hem1 and it was quick and without problms

- Reports: sessions being a report that I can customize and other powerful reports like winrate by session duration or number of tables

- Graphs available for many reports like cbet success bar graph - it's great but needs some polishing, like the bars for monotone, suited and rainbow flops are not described which is which.

I don't like:
Mostly it revolves around HUD, but some of my criticisim may stem from getting used to hem1 so much and may not be valid

- the spacing between numbers in hud is bigger, making the hud bigger, which matters on small tables. It was already pointed out in another thread. If I change the fot to 7 scaled and size the tables just right, the spacing is ok.

- Also the hud had only the full name option - no abbreviated name. I don't need a full name, I only need a short version to make sure the hud is by the right player.

- hands viewer: it was also addressed in another thread. It kinda is a bit less readable and a bit slower. Also the hands in drop down menu are in switched order, which makes things harder, because we're more likely to view recent hands, which means we need to move mouse cursor further. While multitabling every bit counts. Also it's confusing because the hud displays last 3 hands in the old order. There is also a bug. When I view a hand and a hand on different table ends, my viewer tries to display it and it's not even right and the hands in drop down menu disappear, so I can't go back. Also the drop down menu isn't updating right when the hands finish.

- In hem1 I sometimes clicked on an empty space in someone's stats and it showed the biggest pop-up which I used to check donk bet percentage. Not it's not there I think. I guess I'll add the stat manualy to another pop up and it's ok.

- The new interface seems a bit more clicking but not much more functionality. This one's hard to explain but it seems like what we got here is just a barebones version of what hem2 could be - like you built this new powerful engine for something bigger but it's not here yet. I wasn't exactly blown away like when switching from pt2 to hem1. It's a minor complaint and I don't know if I'm explaining this right. Also the fact I only play PLO and can't use heat maps has something to do with it.

Can't comment:
- HEM sync - I don't need it
- heat map - I don't play hold'em

At the end I wanted do say that I generally like the the new product. It seems solid and with some polish and some more functions it will become great imo.

Sarek
10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Thank you for the feedback.
1) You can set HM2 to not begin autoimport on start - untick flag in Hand importing - Autoimport folders (at the bottom).
2) We are working on graphs graphics
3) Spacing between digits was even bigger - we made changes there. Not enough?
4) You can shorten name using Decimals property: try different settings
5) Hand viewer is worked on
6) Popups - try not only click, but hover, see what happens
7) As all new thing, HM2 needs time to get used to it
8) Sync is a great feature when using more than one PC - just try it

jerseys
10-13-2011, 03:56 PM
I played around today, mostly with the hud. I set font to franklin gothic, not bold, unscaled 7 and the spacings are smaller and it looks nice. Also abb. name works great, thanks.

Hovering over or clicking the empty space in hud doesn't bring any pop-ups. I imported "sample" popup form hem1, which is the full popup I mentioned, but how do I set where to click for it to show up? Other than that the popup designer seems powerfull and easy to use. Good job.

Other issues:
- "replay last hand" in hud settings just shows the replayer with lo res interface and doesn't load the hand. Clicking anywhere except the close button crashes hem2.
- I don't like the colored borders that eppear if I give someone a colored note.
- mouse scroll doesn't work in HH viewer unless I hover over the scroll bar.
- Last 3 hands shows pot won including rake in it, the HH viewer shows at the bottom the pot won w/o the rake and the drop down menu of HH viewer shows something in-between.

I like the help files on all the screens and the vids. They are very helpful. Also, my previous criticism that there are not enough options may not be valid at all. I played around with the hud today and didn't have time to check out reports more in depth but with all the customalization and options there seems to be a lot of good stuff. Also, I like all the new stats like donk bet by street (I don't know if it existed before).

udbrky
10-13-2011, 10:25 PM
You can set popups to individual stats in stat appearance, or you can set it to be in the main popup that comes up when you click a stat in the main popup section in hud options. Just make sure you're using the active hud that you wish to edit.

I don't see the low res replayer, it's the same as in reports.

Please, any crashes, you need to send the crash log in using the error report and uuse your email, so we can get back to you for more details or with a fix for it. It's the only way we can know that you're getting a crash.

We do have a request in to turn off the borders.

I'm checking on the scroll, if it's possible.

The 3 hands just shows the total pot size. There are some fixes coming for the hand viewer in the next release.

Glad you find the info helpful, we did a lot of work to put them there and help with guides. There should be more customization and stats in the future.

jerseys
10-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Please, any crashes, you need to send the crash log in using the error report and uuse your email, so we can get back to you for more details or with a fix for it. It's the only way we can know that you're getting a crash.

I can't. As soon as the error report pops-up, windows gives a pop-up to close the program that crashed and I can't use the error report pop-up at all. Other times it changes to high-res replayer and crashes without error report pop-up at all.

Btw, this is what I mean by lo-res replayer: 29171

EDIT:

You can set popups to individual stats in stat appearance, or you can set it to be in the main popup that comes up when you click a stat in the main popup section in hud options. Just make sure you're using the active hud that you wish to edit.

That means binding to the empty space was impossible, but I binded it to numer of hands and it's working ok. Also I edited one of the pop-ups to include donk bet. I must say, in hem1 it looked too complicated so I didn't even touch it, but here it's so easy! I'm sure to play with it a bit later. Usually people speak up only when something is not working, so to balance it out I must say: good job guys. I'm getting more and more excited abut the official release.

EDIT2:
I love the fact that you can edit label that you assign to hands when marking them, that's something very useful to me.

udbrky
10-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Ok, then we need to dig into the issue. email the log to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a description of the issue and what you were doing. Otherwise, we can't investigate this.

I agree on the popups and the marked hands, it's so much easier and more efficient doing these two. I actually enjoy creating popups now!

jerseys
10-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Where do I find the log? The pop-up is blank and unusable.

morny
10-18-2011, 01:08 AM
youll find it in the C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager folder, the file will be called log.txt