PDA

View Full Version : Table Finder not working / HUD Not working

discobisco
07-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Just downloaded the trial version of HEM/Omaha 1.08.04. Everything is importing fine. I have UAC disabled on vista.

I opened table manager and tried to drag the box over to a table, and it gave me an error that it "failed to convert table overlay" and told me to change the priviledges to run as administrator. however it just keeps popping up with this error message, i close it and it pops back up it never goes away. i went and changed the priviledges to run as administrator, but then table finder wont open when i try to open it. It will only open if i have the "run as administrator" box unchecked. so, i have no idea how to make it work at this point.

discobisco
07-07-2009, 01:54 AM
i should also mention that the first time the error message popped up it also asked me if i wanted to have the user/owner renamed as "" for all full tilt tables...i said yes.

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 08:50 AM
You need to download the newest version, 1.09 Beta 13 from the link in my signature.

Mike chops
07-07-2009, 12:41 PM
i should also mention that the first time the error message popped up it also asked me if i wanted to have the user/owner renamed as "" for all full tilt tables...i said yes.

You might need to delete the config\exenames.txt file before starting the HUD.

discobisco
07-07-2009, 03:43 PM
You might need to delete the config\exenames.txt file before starting the HUD.

I went to the RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and the only file I see in it is Holdemmanager.config

I don't see a exenames.txt anywhere

discobisco
07-07-2009, 03:55 PM
well the update didn't fix anything....i still get the same never ended "failed to create table overlay" error.

this is exactly whats happening:

1) i open HEM
2) i hit auto import
3) table manager opens by itself
4) i open a table at FTP and instantly the "failed to create overlay" error pops up and tells me to check hmhud.exe as a run as administrator. the message keeps popping up until i close the FTP tables.
5) once all ftp tables closed, i close tablemanager and go check run as administrator on hmhud.exe
6) i turn auto import back on and now table manager won't pop up, and won't open when i manually try to open it.

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I will ask the HUD developer to take a look at this thread to see if he can help, but it may be easiest/quickest to just reinstall HM. It's relatively quick to do. If you want some details on how to go about it, just let me know.

discobisco
07-07-2009, 04:25 PM
ok, yeah i just reinstalled and its working now for some reason....sorry for taking up your time!

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 05:03 PM
No problem. It happens sometimes. Same as an SQL installation can go crazy and get corrupted. As long as you keep copies of archives, and export your hands and configs before you reinstall, it is usually pretty quick. Reinstalling SQL and restoring the DB is noticeably more involved and time consuming.