PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager & Omaha Manager/Cannot link DB

Lord Baldrick
07-07-2009, 12:15 AM
Hello HM

I purchased HM and OM this morning despite currently using PT3 (without Omaha) in conjunction with Postgres. I am having the same trouble as I can see many have had with linking HM to the database. I followed the sticky but haven't got past the first stage - I could not find the "host" file.

Incidentally I am using Windows Vista on a Dell laptop.

Also, I haven't seen any sign of my purchase of Omaha Manager. Is the serial code sent for HM applicable to this also?

Could someone please give me some help?

Cheers

LB

Lord Baldrick
07-07-2009, 03:05 AM
I have been reading through some of the fixes for this problem and am getting lost. If I uninstall and then reinstall PostgreSQL will this stuff up my PT3 database?

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 07:46 AM
You should be able to connect to your previous installation of Postgresql thru the HM DB Control Panel. You just need to use the name/password for that installation

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass

If that password isn't right, you can try using svcpass, or postgrespass.

If neither of those work, you can remove the need for a password by editing the pg_hba.conf file.

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Configuration Files > Edit pg_hba.conf

The file should open with Notepad

Scroll to the bottom where you will see this code

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

You need to change the first 'md5' to 'trust', like this

# TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust
# IPv6 local connections:
#host all all ::1/128 md5

Save, and close the file.

Click: Start > Programs > PostgreSQL 8.3 > Reload configuration

If you still are having problems, send me an email and I can try to help you get connected to your SQL server, or else help you reinstall SQL if I am unable to connect. I will also be able to export and backup your PT3 database, before we reinstall SQL, if that becomes necessary.

If so, please email fozzy@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so we can schedule a Teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com) session. Download and install the Teamviewer software using all the default settings

Lord Baldrick
07-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks Fozzy for your help. Unfortunately we haven't solved the problem yet so I have sent an email to Fabio.

Cheers

LB

fozzy71
07-07-2009, 11:58 PM
OK. He will contact you soon. He should be able to get you up and running.

Lord Baldrick
07-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Thank you Fabio for your help. You have certainly created a good first impression with respect to this product.

Cheers

LB