PDA

View Full Version : Assertion Failed! Hold'em manager 1.12.04

Elladan
10-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi,

When I launch and start auto import, the HUD don' t find my table so I must open the table finder in order to attach the table to the HUD but now when I drag the red finger to the table and click on OK, I have this error message :

"Assertion Failed!
Program:...
File:.\MyTable.cpp
Line: 778

Expression: (nameStart>0)&&(nameEnd>nameStart)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)"

I try to click on Retry but the program crash, and if I click on Ignore nothing happen.

What should I do?

Patvs
10-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

On which pokersite do you play?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install ALL updates (include .net framework and visual c++ updates) Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Elladan
10-13-2011, 04:09 AM
Hi,

My operating system is windows seven, my firewall is zonealarm and my antivirus is avast.

The pokersite is Everest

All the .exe you have the option run as admin

And hm.exe and hmhud.exe have exceptions in my firewall but I don't know if there have a firewall include with windows seven.

I ran windows update and installed a minor update ( bit defender not concerning my pb I think )

Sarek
10-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Please try to temporary uninstall firewall and see what happens.
Not simple disable it - literally uninstall.

chrisis75
10-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Hi,

i'm having the same issue since yesterday.

Got a blue screen then i had to uninstall / reinstall HEM since i had a problem with the config file which wasnt found...

And after that my HUD dotn work anymore on EVerest, the 3 hem files runs as admin, i installed all the updates on my windows 7 and i dont have any firewall.

I really dont know what to do to get back my dear hud :(

Elladan
10-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi,

I restart my laptop, not just close it but turn it off and restart and now HM works without any problems

Anaconda75
10-21-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi there,

i have same problem when relocating my HUD to a new table when playing on Everest poker, only way i can get the HUD back working on my tournament table is rebooting my whole system, i dont really have time for that during tournaments.
Everything worked perfect untill i upgraded to version 1.12.04 cause of an issue on fast tables on pokerstars.

Anaconda75
10-21-2011, 04:23 PM
I just downgraded to 1.11.7b and now on Everest it works as it used to work.

Patvs
10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Try using the TableFinder: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/ConfiguringTableFinderToShowHUD

Anaconda75
10-22-2011, 06:24 AM
Table finder showed up perfectly on 1.12.4, you drag the "red cross" to the correct table. At the moment you press OK in the table finder it crashed. Will work with 1.11.7b for a while, wont be playing cash on stars anyway

Patvs
10-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_Beta.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin"from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.