PDA

View Full Version : Is there any info on import errors?

superwomble
07-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I have noticed I get a few import errors most times when importing hand histories - not many, but some. e.g. I imported 9400 hands this morning, from 51 files, but got a message saying there were 17 errors.

Is there any way to see what these errors were?

Thanks.

superwomble
07-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Apologies is mentioning PT2 is bad form but I am moving from PT to HEM so hope it's ok!

I have noticed that when importing a large number of hands to my postgreSQL database I see a discrepancy in the number of hands imported. For instance, this morning I imported hands from my folder containing 51 files, into both databases. PT2 reported 9482 hands imported, but HEM reported only 9400 hands imported. Also, PT2 reported no import errors, but HEM reported 17.

Any known reason for this please?

Thanks.

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Going to need more details please:

What version of HM? What site(s) are the hand histories from? What operating system?

Once we are sure you are using the latest version and still getting errors, we will have you send in the hand histories, and I can find out about trying to find the 17 errors.

superwomble
07-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the reply, apologies for not giving those details before.

I'm using HEM version 1.09 beta 13. The hand histories are datamined iPoker ones. I use Windows XP.

Thanks.

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 04:12 PM
If you could pinpoint some of the hands that didn't import, or imported with errors, it would be helpful if the developer could see the originals.

If you could, please Zip and email the hand histories to support@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread.

superwomble
07-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Will do. To be honest I can live without the 17 hands from over 9000, I just wondered how the two programs could import a different number of hands, with a different number of errors, from the same 51 files. Just want to make sure one isn't broken!

Thanks.

fozzy71
07-05-2009, 06:17 PM
If you send some of those hands/files to Roy he should be able to tell you. It may have something to do with them being mined hands, but I really don't know enough to answer properly.

superwomble
07-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks, I have sent the files.

Rvg72
07-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Hi Mark,

Ipoker records hands where the first blind posts and then no action follows and his post is returned to him. This should not count as a hand and it does not in Holdem Manager however in some cases we did count this as an error. That is why you see the 17 errors – everyone of them was this exact same situations. In beta 14 I made it so that these types of hands do not register as errors.

With regards to Poker Tracker, I assume that they count all of these hands that HM simply skips or previously marked as import errors and they include these in the total hands imported. I also assume that if you look at your session stats between the two programs they will be the same even though the PT import says it imported many more hands

Thanks,
Roy

superwomble
07-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Thank you Roy, that's very informative :)