PDA

View Full Version : Alleged purchase declined [Account compromised?]

DoctorGonzo
10-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey guys!

Just received this email from sales@holdemmanager.com a couple hours ago:

The weird thing: I didn't try to purchase (actually purchase) anything since March 2010!

Of course, the first thing I did after reading this mail was change my login password on holdemmanager.com and write back to the sales department requesting details to the declined purchase.

Still, I'm a bit worried now about the security of my account. Although I'm not really sure what benefit it would have to hack it. All that's in there is my full name and email address. And of course, my purchased license keys, maybe that's what someone was looking for? But why should he then try to purchase something with my email address? Maybe someone just happened to come across my email address and decided to purchase something with it? What the heck is going on?

Has anybody of you guys witnessed a similar incident lately?

fozzy71
10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Please email your details/questions to sales@holdemmanager.com

DoctorGonzo
10-10-2011, 10:01 AM
What details do you mean, fozzy? As I wrote above, I already sent them a message right after reading the email. I didn't give any details in my reply. Just my first name and obviously my email address from which I sent the reply.

Basically, I've just let them know that I didn't try to purchase anything since 1,5 years and asked them to provide me with details to the purchase in question.

Obviously, they didn't reply yet. By starting this thread I wanted to find out if anyone else has witnessed something like that yet and see what other users think about the incident as I can't really understand what benefit it would have to try to purchase something with my email address and ultimately fail at providing matching zip code and address.

fozzy71
10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
It is nothing more than a warning from our increased security filters for purchases. You are not the first person to receive such an email. I do not know why, or how it was triggered, which is why I suggested you email the sales team so they can research your account activity and provide a detailed answer.