PDA

View Full Version : cannot access cashgames tab

tobbe888
07-04-2009, 05:00 PM
During an import from a designated map I accidentally pulled the plug on my comp, which lead to HEM not starting properly. After that i ran CHKDSK and it got a little bit better. HEM seems to start ok in the import tab but when i click the cashgame tab, i get a error message stating:

"the following error occurred when running this report: ERROR: XX002:index "playerhandscashkeycolumns_hero_idx1" contains unexpected zero page at block 0"

I'm running the latest update on HEM.

please help

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 06:39 PM
Often when the PC crashes or loses power during an import, it can damage your DB beyond repair.

You can try this before you consider a re-install of postgresql.

Options > Database Management, or you can open the dbcontrolpanel.exe from the \holdem manager folder.

Connect > Fix Indexes > Select the index in the error message > Rebuild (and cross your fingers).

If you decide you have to reinstall SQL you do not have to reinstall HM. It should be able to connect to the new installation. You will have to rebuild the DB via import, because a backup/restore would only restore your problems.

For uninstalling SQL please follow these steps:

-Download Revo Uninstaller and use it to uninstall PostgreSQL. After it uninstalls it will give you options to select and delete all the associated registry entries.
- manually delete the Program Files\Postgresql folders
- run the command - start > run > cmd >

net user postgres /delete

- reboot.
- install again, with your firewall uninstalled or turned off if windows firewall, and UAC off if on vista.

How to Install postgreSQL 8.3 (http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=176)

Also make sure you update to the latest beta version of HM, if you haven't downloaded 1.09 Beta 13 yet.

tobbe888
07-04-2009, 09:54 PM
"You will have to rebuild the DB via import, because a backup/restore would only restore your problems."

What exactly do u mean by this? I have reinstalled postgres and HEM is working fine but missing a ton of hands. Are these possible to retrieve from my .backup file manually?

fozzy71
07-04-2009, 10:08 PM
So the reindex didn't work, and you made a backup and uninstalled SQL? Then reinstalled SQL and restored the DB?

The backup/restore process isn't 100% effective if you started with a good DB. If you had index problems before you made the backup those problems will only cause problems in your new DB.

You should be able to create a new DB in HM and manually import your archived hand histories. If you aren't sure where they are you can find out by going to HM > Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: It is typically C:\HMArchive.