PDA

View Full Version : notes in russian

vlsup
07-04-2009, 01:59 AM
when I make a note for player using russian letters, they sometimes disappear after a couple of hands. When I use english alphabet (or so named "translit"), notes remain forever.
Personally for me it is not a problem to write/read notes in English because of education. I even have a Brainbench sertificate for "Written English" ;)
But there are hundreds of russian HEM users who do not know the "language of international communications" so good to use it in their poker life...

netsrak
07-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Its the same with specific characters in other languages. The developers are already aware of it but i don't know when they can fix it.

BabyBear
12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I havn't any brain or bench so I simply ask
Has something changed?
Who don't know Russian Postgre or HM ?
When I install something I was asked about char set (UTF or something else). What does it mean?
Thanks for reply )

Patvs
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/ASCII_full.svg/217px-ASCII_full.svg.png

The database/player notes are encoded in UFT8, ASCII,....... or something called Win1252 (ANSI).

They use 128 characters, ABCD is normal, but the way they encode *&^%$# is different and can cause problems. The default setting now is to use UTF8.