PDA

View Full Version : Slowdown since 1.06

Soepgroente
08-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi! I've been using hold'em manager for a few months now, and where the HUD used to do fine on even as much as 20 tables it's now quite slow from 3 tables and up, completely freezing the computer regularly for several seconds if I play 5 or more tables to the point where I start to auto-fold hands... all since I've gotten 1.06.01 (used to run fine in 1.05 versions)

I'm running 1.06.01u at the moment, playing on full tilt & pokerstars and running windows XP with a dualcore 5200+, over 1gb of ram and a decent videocard (I forgot specs but it shouldn't be a dealbreaker since things used to be fine).

I've done the Vaccuum analyze database thing which has not helped... any suggestions what I can do to get the HUD to old speed again? Thanks in advance.

fabio
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Are you using multiple panels?

Mike chops
08-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Can you try playing just poker stars or just FTP. I'd like to know if changes I made to the pre-fetching code for Stars slowed your computer down or if it is something more general.

Soepgroente
08-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Are you using multiple panels?

I'm unsure what this means, should I make a screenshot of my players preferences window? I only have one profile of settings (default) if that's what it means. EDIT- found in FAQ, no I do not use multiple panels.

Doing some more testing, just opening the HUD slows down a lot already even when playing non hold'em tables. It doesn't speed up until i close Hold'em manager entirely. After that speed is smooth & normal again. (full tilt poker)

Latest observations with 1.06.01v.

IT Administrator
08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I beleive he is asking if you are using Dual monitors. I run Dual 24' Samsungs and I get a little lag with 6 tables open.

Soepgroente
08-19-2008, 05:45 PM
I beleive he is asking if you are using Dual monitors. I run Dual 24' Samsungs and I get a little lag with 6 tables open.

Nah multiple panels is spreading out the stats in the HUD I looked it up.

But neither dual monitors nor spread out stats.

Soepgroente
08-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Installed 1.06.02 now..... still the same. Any suggestions?

Rvg72
08-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Installed 1.06.02 now..... still the same. Any suggestions?

2 main causes for HUD lag in 1.06+ are

1) out of date video card drivers
2) on some cards you will need to turn transparency off so make sure opacity is set all the way to the right in player/table prefs

Roy

Soepgroente
08-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I set up my video card only a month or two ago and I'm sure I got the latest drivers then... it's not a superspeedy latest model thing but it should be more than enough to run a couple of poker clients & HEM (it runs the latest videogames pretty smoothly anyway so I can't see the videocard being too slow)

Opacity is set all the way to the right now (although I did use it all the way to the left) but I still can't notice a difference in performance.

Is there any chance a complete reïnstall will do any good? That's one thing I haven't tried yet.

morny
08-22-2008, 02:04 PM
It might work for some software fine but not for other. can you just double check you have the latest one because even if you bought a new card recently the driver on the disk could be quite old.

jrbick
08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
I just started using HEM 2 days ago and I have the exact same problems that the OP describes using HEM with Full Tilt Poker. I have a similar system to OP's as well running 2GB RAM and Duo Core 2.0 Ghz processors.

I have a clean computer afaik. Kaspersky is the only other program I have running other than SpadeEye occasionally.

I ran a vacuum, defragged, tested my internet connection to see if it was the problem (it was not). When I turn HEM off, Full Tilt works smoothly.

I was using multiple panel for the HUD, I'll try turning that off tomorrow (along w/ the opacity thing) to see if it helps. I'll also check on the drivers for my video card.

Makk
08-25-2008, 07:47 AM
I have the same problems on prima.

I thought the problem could be that i have only 1Gb ram but someone here have the same problem with more than 1 GB so it's not that.

morny
08-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Have you tried updating your graphics card and also as mentioned multiple panels can have an effect on preformance along with dragging the opacity slider to the right in both Hud Options > Player Preferences and Hud Options > Table Preferences

Soepgroente
08-25-2008, 12:54 PM
I've gone too nvidia's site and did the autodetect thingie and got this

Product Current
Installed Driver Recommended
Driver
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 175.19 Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

At least it's good to see that others are having the same problem, we might get to the bottom of it faster then. (I'm a bit of a computer-newbie so it's a task to even follow up some basic instructions for me :P)

So to sum up: I've got the latest drivers for my graphics card, things used to run fine (16 tables with minimal slowdown) until 1.06 (having used a lot of 1.05.xx versions) but a noticable slowdown is now present even playing just one table, and getting worse and worse adding tables, becoming completely unplayable with 5 or more tables.

jrbick
08-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Have you tried updating your graphics card and also as mentioned multiple panels can have an effect on preformance along with dragging the opacity slider to the right in both Hud Options > Player Preferences and Hud Options > Table Preferences

I updated the drivers for my graphics card, put opacity sliders to extreme right, and turned multiple panels off. Full Tilt Poker is still unplayable with HEM @ 5+ tables.

Soepgroente
08-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I updated the drivers for my graphics card, put opacity sliders to extreme right, and turned multiple panels off. Full Tilt Poker is still unplayable with HEM @ 5+ tables.

Just want to add that this is exactly how I'm experiencing it. And same thing with pokerstars so it's not just full tilt.

JazzPunk
08-25-2008, 03:02 PM
I have the same problem. More than 5 Tables makes big problems. I have the newest video driver. But only 1GB RAM, 2GH CPU.

Version 1.06.02

Makk
08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
i'm experiencing this problem also only auto importing hands without loading any hud on the tables even if the slowdown it's lower(table manager open)

edit: auto importing without table manager opened-> no problem

jrbick
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM

Any other thoughts on how to fix this problem?

morny
08-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Since the people that had this problem fixed their problem by updating their graphics card id recommend trying to get a couple of different driver versions and seeing if any of them have any effect. Also maybe adjust some settings in your graphics card settings and see if this has any effect.

Were still looking into this but currently the only fix is the graphics card drivers and its a very difficult one to solve but well let you know if we have any updates.

Makk
08-27-2008, 02:44 PM
i have a nvidia 6600gt and i tried omega drivers but nothing...

High Time John
08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I experience this same symptom intermittently. I have a brand new 1.6.02 installation and therefore a pretty small database. I have a brand new Samsung monitor and I installed the latest driver. When the symptom occurs the CPU utilization spikes to 100% for several seconds then drops. This cycle repeats continually. I only have 2 tables open. I have cleared the problem by stopping the importer and restarting HEM. Sometimes the problem persists and sometimes it clears it. What is interesting is that the FTP.exe (process name spelling?) is using most of the CPU (application, not kernel). But turning off HEM clears the problem.

Please investigate and let us now what the problem might be.

thanks,
John

Soepgroente
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Playing 6 tables with HUD on and no slowdown at all... looks like 1.06.03 fixed it somehow.... :D

High Time John
09-03-2008, 04:25 PM
How many days have you been running 1.6.03 without the performance issue?

Soepgroente
09-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Already PM'd but here's for everyone to read...

Today was the first time I tested it, and the second day after upgrading I think. Whole session went smooth for several hours 6-tabling, just the way it used to be and no sign of the problems I had in 1.6.01 & 6.02..

I didn't change anything on my computer either so it really looks like it's the new version.

JazzPunk
09-05-2008, 03:07 AM
deleted

jrbick
09-20-2008, 03:57 PM
this is still a HUGE problem for me. Unplayable with more than 4 tables. Everything is up to date that I know of. Would LOVE some more help on solving this problem. Again, here is the info:

Del Dimension E510
2GB RAM (dual channel, not sure of speed)
2.XX Duo Core Processors
300GB HD (again, not sure if 5200 or 7200 but I think the latter)

ISP - Road Runner (Time Warner)

Modem - Motorola SB5120 Surfboard

Router - Netgear Rangemaster WPN824 v2

Known Software Running While Playing:

-FTP
-Hold 'em Manager
-Kaspersky Internet Security Suit (2008)

The Problem-

Frequent freeze-ups which cause disconnection from Full Tilt Poker. The tables will freeze (but my computer does not freeze, I can still do other things when this happens) and usually several will turn blank white. My graphics card drivers are updated. I know my DC timer kicks in when this happen.

Neither my router or modem show that the internet is DC'd though.

I have animation in FTP turned off as well as avatars. AFAIK most of my windows settings are minimalized (shadows, animations, etc).

I've run several different performance booster type programs to clean registry etc. Also manually vacuumed PostgreSQL, re-indexed, etc.

When I turn off the HUD, everything works perfectly.

The only stats I have on screen are VPIP, PFR, 3bet, fold to 3bet, c-bet, fold to c-bet, # of hands, player name. I dont' have panels turned on, I don't have abbreviations turned on, and I have transparency turned off.

What else could I do to remedy this problem?

fabio
09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Are you using Vista? Please try disabling UAC: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

jrbick
09-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Are you using Vista? Please try disabling UAC: http://208.109.95.123/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73

XP Media Center, SP3.

morny
09-20-2008, 07:56 PM
People lately have said turning on force on top in Hud Options > Table Preferences has improved LAG alot and although its not an ideal solution it might be a temporary help. Please let me know if this has any effect

Also maybe try changing some settings in your graphics Card driver software, enabling and disabling different features and then seeing if this has an effect but make sure to write down your original settings first

Coded
10-28-2008, 04:54 AM
Can I have a free copy of holdem if I give you the soltuion ? :D

Right click on desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot tab

Then under hardware acceleration move it down to None. Ive also put opacity on full and it works fine now.

Give it ago.

Mike chops
10-28-2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks. What video card do you have?

Coded
10-28-2008, 02:37 PM
Mines an onboard gfx - Ati Radeon HD 3200.

Mine used to slow down so much when i started auto import, but since doing this i can 3-4 table with no problem what so ever. I tried moving Hardware Accel up a bit and it would slowdown a bit but still be alright.

I now have it at none as i dont need it on for anything else.

Soepgroente
10-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Wow, looks like that actually helped significantly!

Rvg72
10-29-2008, 03:28 AM
Excellent, thanks for posting!

Roy

satori100
10-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Roy, is this something you guys can look into to determine why HM isn't working properly with general hardware acceleration on these video cards?

This is something that is keeping me from buying HM, because I am a 16+ table MT'er and the HEM HUD is locking up continually when I open more then 6 to 8 tables. Unfortunately turning off hardware acceleration isn't even a temporary option, as the integrated graphics in my laptop is the intel 965 chipset using custom-required DELL drivers, and it does not allow you to adjust the hardware acceleration.

Rvg72
10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
It is generally an issue with the video card hardware acceleration itself and poor handling of transparency layers. That is why often the fix to this problem was simply updating your video card drivers - you should try that if you haven't already.

Roy

curtains
12-04-2008, 03:22 AM
Just a note that I have tried updating my drivers (they were already updated) and turning off my hardware acceleration and it's still very slow. I was forced to update today because the old HM no longer worked with the new forced Stars update.

Any chance of simply reverting to a previous version that didn't have this affect at all, while retaining the ability to read hands? Honestly I have no need for anything new and unless there is a solution to this that I haven't found, the program is no longer usable. Seems unfortunate to pay for something that works on my software and then be forced to upgrade to something that doesn't work. Let me know if this isn't the case, because I love HM much better than the other HUDS.

Also if I really do need to get a new video driver because of the HM update, any suggestions?

morny
12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Its not possible to change anything on a previous version as it would be too complicated to have 2 different versions as everytime a fix is needed in the future wed have to do the work for both fixes and thats just not feasible.

If you contact the people you bought the PC from theyll give you instructions on how to update your graphics card driver.

curtains
12-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Its not possible to change anything on a previous version as it would be too complicated to have 2 different versions as everytime a fix is needed in the future wed have to do the work for both fixes and thats just not feasible.

If you contact the people you bought the PC from theyll give you instructions on how to update your graphics card driver.

Is it possible that everything would work on the first version before these problems started? Is it possible to revert to an old version?

Also my graphics card is probably fine, pretty much 100% of programs work fine all the time, except for Holdem Manager.

morny
12-04-2008, 01:52 PM
You can revert to an older version but as you mentioned you wont be able to import hands so it would in fact be useless. Your graphics card might have worked well on a previous version but since weve added some features that greatly improve the Hud it obviously now isnt compatible with those and it would be unfair not to improve the software because some graphics cards havent been updated. It appears that some people also have the problem even after updating the drive however it does for most people and those who it dosent improve for then you need to contact the manufacturer of the gprahics card as they releases patches to fix compatibility issues so get in contact with them so they can get this on their to do list

curtains
12-04-2008, 02:00 PM
You can revert to an older version but as you mentioned you wont be able to import hands so it would in fact be useless. Your graphics card might have worked well on a previous version but since weve added some features that greatly improve the Hud it obviously now isnt compatible with those and it would be unfair not to improve the software because some graphics cards havent been updated. It appears that some people also have the problem even after updating the drive however it does for most people and those who it dosent improve for then you need to contact the manufacturer of the gprahics card as they releases patches to fix compatibility issues so get in contact with them so they can get this on their to do list

Do you think this is more logical step than simply buying a new computer or graphics card? If I do get a new graphics card or computer what are the most recommended?

curtains
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Do you think this is more logical step than simply buying a new computer or graphics card? If I do get a new graphics card or computer what are the most recommended?

Also note that a few people are telling me that it's much more logical to buy a new computer instead of hoping that it's a graphics card problem. Does this make any sense? My computer is a few years old. My graphics card is an NVidia Quadro.

morny
12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I would try a new graphics card before i buy a new computer simply because its cheaper.

I use an ATI Radeon 2600 XT which works fine so find out a few models from people that use HM and choose one of those.

Just one other thing, there is a crashing bug with Betfair ive just been made aware of, untick won/lost mucked in Hud Options > Table Preferences and see if it makes any difference, well have a fix for that soon and probably unrelated but you can try it and see if it helps

curtains
12-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I would try a new graphics card before i buy a new computer simply because its cheaper.

I use an ATI Radeon 2600 XT which works fine so find out a few models from people that use HM and choose one of those.

Just one other thing, there is a crashing bug with Betfair ive just been made aware of, untick won/lost mucked in Hud Options > Table Preferences and see if it makes any difference, well have a fix for that soon and probably unrelated but you can try it and see if it helps

Thanks, I never have the won/lost checked anyway. Anyone reading this forum know what ATI Radeon 2600 model works best? I assume that card has no problem with multiple monitors (3+)

microbob
12-16-2008, 01:48 AM
I've pretty much stopped using HEM. It was working great when I got it but the performance is simply lousy now. Sometimes it's still usable but it goes in spurts and then when it slows things down it just becomes too much. I play 24+ tables at a time.

I bought this laptop in July so it's fairly new and shouldn't be the issue. I have no idea how to update a video card driver so haven't done that. I don't know what a video card driver is.

I'm trying to right click on the desktop and then click on properties for the acceleration thing but when I right click on my desktop I don't have 'properties' as an option. I have Windows Vista.

I keep trying to use HEM and sometimes it goes okay for 30 minutes or something and then starts slowing down the computer horribly...but lately it's been running slowly right away without even the 30 minutes of decent speed.

curtains
12-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Hey microbob, yeah Ive talked to quite a few people now who have given up on HM because of the speed problems. I'm scared to do anything to fix it like get a new computer, because a friend of mine who did so ended up having HM not work then also.

So brutal because there were zero updates that affected anything I did (meaning when I first downloaded HM it had 100% of the settings that I use today), the only update I had to make basically broke the program for a certain percentage of users, at least with their current software situations, and there seems to be no serious interest in fixing it.

microbob
12-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Disappointed there's no response or further discussion on this.

I'm trying everything I can to get HEM to be even partly functional for me again.

I would be fine with it not importing hands while I'm playing and just displaying the basic stats up there but even doing that causes too much of a slow-down.

I'm trying to go back to the 1.06 release but unfortunately I don't see any of the releases before that as being available.

As I said before, sometimes it works great for 5-10 minutes or something...sometimes as long as 30 minutes (and I get really excited that perhaps it's good to go) and then it starts bogging down again and I pretty much have no choice but to turn it off.

I also would be interested in some ideas on this video-accelerator thing. I right click on the desktop but it doesn't say 'properties' anywhere. I have Windows Vista. Is there some place else I should be looking to try to adjust the Video accelerator as I saw suggested in some link somewhere?

Any tips at all on how to get this to work would be appreciated. Everything else works great on my machine but HEM is pretty much unusable now unless I want to play only 8 tables or something.

microbob
12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
I paid extra on a whole bunch of things for this laptop that I bought in July (Dell XPS 1530) just so that I could have all this type of stuff run smoothly. When PT2 still wouldn't work effectively with it I switched to HEM.

I am willing to spend another $2k or whatever to get a brand new computer even just 6 months later if that's necessary. That's how important it is to me to have HEM actually work properly. I'll pretty much do or spend whatever it takes. But I don't want to have to go out and get a new graphics-card or whatever it is if that's not where the problem is.

Here's what my computer says under Graphics card information. Please let me know if this is somehow not sufficient (would surprise me since I bought it just 6 months ago) and what I should do.

If there's some way that I can have the stats displayed without importing any hands then I will do that but even trying to do that makes the machine run too slow.

Components: GeForce 8600M GT

Details:
Forceware version: 174.31
Total Available graphics: 1791 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 256 MB
System Video Memory: 0 MB
Shared System Memory: 1535 MB
Video BIOS version: 60.84.5e.00.08
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16

morny
12-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Edit// Thought this was the betfair issue. Can you contact me morny@holdemmanager.net and i can have a look and see if anything stands out, might not be alot i can do but i can try, ive ran HM well on older PC's aswell so im not sure why a PC of these specs is causing issues

microbob
12-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Morny - thanks for your reply. It's been running better for me lately. I updated to the latest HEM version and filtered to show only the last month or 2 of hands and I'm also not playing as many tables (only 20-24).
I also was playing as much as I could with my anti-virus stuff to pretty much turn off everything I could so maybe that made a difference too. Not sure.

If I re-create the problem I'll contact you again. I pretty much only play at pokerstars so it's definitely not the Betfair issue. I thought my specs were decent but I really don't know anything about that stuff so I copied all the numbers (which make no sense to me) to make sure.

I also wonder if it's a problem with tables opening and closing on Stars. In other words, do the more tables you open and close and sit at in a session have an effect? I think it takes more resources or a slight 'burst' to sit at a table and it seems sometimes when I switch tables a lot it sometimes gets more and more draggy. Perhaps Curtains has noticed the same type of thing. It's a casual observation and I'm not sure it's correct.

Also - I'm still not able to figure out how to get to the video accelerator thing to try to change that. When I right-click on desktop I don't get an option for 'properties'. Do you know where I should go to try to adjust the video acceleration stuff as I saw recommended in a different post?

Thanks again.

morny
12-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Ok maybe try restarting Holdem Manager every 20-30mins and manually move the HH files to the archive folder, obviously not ideal but it helped before for some people and it might at least narrow things down, hardware acceleration is done this way in Vista http://www.pixelmetrics.com/Tips/VidBlank/GlobalAcceleration.php

ryverrat
12-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Ok, i am a newbie to these forums but I have been having the same problems as above.. My machine would slow downto a grind making some tables timeout. This would only happen to my when playing on Absolute (now Cereus). full tilt and Pokerstars were fine.

If i had anything more than 4 tables open it would slow to almost a stop.

As mentioned above I tried changing the graphics accelerator down to low but this would then not solve the problem completely. The number were dissapearing hwhen i selected tables.

I had a little ovelap on tables so i tiled them which seemed to help a lot.

BUT...

the main fix for me, which is so damn obvious and has been said by Morny a few times, is getting the latest graphics drivers. I have a Radeon xt800, dual screens and windows xp home. One install of the new driver and I have ZERO problems.

Hope this helps someone else.
gl

curtains
01-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Ok, i am a newbie to these forums but I have been having the same problems as above.. My machine would slow downto a grind making some tables timeout. This would only happen to my when playing on Absolute (now Cereus). full tilt and Pokerstars were fine.

If i had anything more than 4 tables open it would slow to almost a stop.

As mentioned above I tried changing the graphics accelerator down to low but this would then not solve the problem completely. The number were dissapearing hwhen i selected tables.

I had a little ovelap on tables so i tiled them which seemed to help a lot.

BUT...

the main fix for me, which is so damn obvious and has been said by Morny a few times, is getting the latest graphics drivers. I have a Radeon xt800, dual screens and windows xp home. One install of the new driver and I have ZERO problems.

Hope this helps someone else.
gl

Ok some news:

Fed up with the perforamnce problems, and the fact that my computer was getting a bit old anyway, I went out and got a new computer, very fast one. Installed HM and everything worked...BUT....

This one only had 2 monitors built in, so I installed my graphics card from the other computer (the card which basically everyone assured me was impossible to be causing these problems, except for admin here). The problems are back despite the extremely fast speed of the computer, and in fact maybe even somewhat worse. My drivers are completely updated and everything. I think I'm just going to give up and get a new graphics card.

Does anyone have any experiences with graphics cards in which there is very good performance levels for HM? If you have one such card, can you please provide a link to where I could purchase it :) Thanks!

morny
01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
I presume the graphics card that came with the PC didint support dual monitors? Could you pop it back it anyway just for testing purposes to see if you experience the same issues. I can have a look via teamviewer if you want but with the Lag etc and plus the fact weve tried almost everything i wouldnt be too hopeful but if you want me to have a look email me morny@holdemmanager.net and link to this thread and well arrange a time.

curtains
01-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I presume the graphics card that came with the PC didint support dual monitors? Could you pop it back it anyway just for testing purposes to see if you experience the same issues. I can have a look via teamviewer if you want but with the Lag etc and plus the fact weve tried almost everything i wouldnt be too hopeful but if you want me to have a look email me morny@holdemmanager.net and link to this thread and well arrange a time.

The card that came with the computer did work with dual monitors and HM worked fine with it. The problem is that I want 3 monitors and that one onlysupported 2.

richbrown
01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Damn I was hoping there would be a solution to this problem.

FWIW - I had 'another' poker tracking software that would use Postgres and the same thing would happen. Its deffo got something to do with the graphics card and the hud.

I will try the hardware accelerator solution and another driver for the graphics.

curtains
01-22-2009, 09:58 PM
POSSIBLE VERY GOOD NEWS TO ALL THOSE WITH PROBLEMS!!

I got a new video card, didn't actually help that much, helped a little and definitely made it better but was still really annoying. The thing that cleared all problems up instantly was to turn off flicker-free drawing. Anyway you should all try it, and if it works thank Ed the computer repair guy.

Anyway to do it goto Config folder, and open prefs in notepad. Make sure to make a copy of prefs first just in case. Just go to the part where it says flicker-free (True) and change it to (False).

Anyway dunno if itll work for everyone but at the moment seems to have 100% fixed everything.

Soepgroente
01-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Worked pretty nicely. I can actually reasonably 6-table again now with stats up :cool:

morny
01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
What versions of HM do you both have as that option has been disabled quite some time ago, possible something else you changed?

Soepgroente
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Just says 1.07, nothing more specific. Been a while since I've updated though.

Haven't changed anything else. Would be very coïncidental if it's something else because now 6 tables was smoother than 2 tables before changing anything.

curtains
01-23-2009, 09:07 PM
What versions of HM do you both have as that option has been disabled quite some time ago, possible something else you changed?

I have version 1.07, which I thought was the newest version. Flicker Free was set to TRUE in the config file and I never messed with that file before yesterday.

morny
01-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah Mike said this option was disabled a long time ago so changing it wouldnt have an effect so it might have been another change that guy made at the same time. The main thing is its working though, just would be nice to know what actually fixed it

Soepgroente
01-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Hmm this is pretty strange. Right after I did it things worked incredibly smoothly compared to what I was used to but the sessions afterwards were the usual messiness again :(

Oh well, I still haven't gotten my videocard fixed so I'm not going to bother you guys again until I do that because that might solve it ;)

WallyWattz
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Any update on this issue? I'm having the same problem playing more than 4 tables on FT. I tried updating the driver for my graphics card, but it's not listed on ati's website.

Soepgroente
02-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Try that flicker free thing posted a bit earlier in this topic, it helped for me (it's not 100% smooth every session but it certainly sped things up)

WallyWattz
02-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Where is the flicker free setting? I don't see it. I thought someone said that that was no longer a setting you could change (I have the latest version 1.07)

Soepgroente
02-08-2009, 10:29 PM
Try it. I use 1.07 and it was on for me.

WallyWattz
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Where do I go to change that setting? I've looked pretty much everywhere withing the HUD options and various menus but can't find it.

Soepgroente
02-10-2009, 02:02 AM
POSSIBLE VERY GOOD NEWS TO ALL THOSE WITH PROBLEMS!!

I got a new video card, didn't actually help that much, helped a little and definitely made it better but was still really annoying. The thing that cleared all problems up instantly was to turn off flicker-free drawing. Anyway you should all try it, and if it works thank Ed the computer repair guy.

Anyway to do it goto Config folder, and open prefs in notepad. Make sure to make a copy of prefs first just in case. Just go to the part where it says flicker-free (True) and change it to (False).

Anyway dunno if itll work for everyone but at the moment seems to have 100% fixed everything.
On the page before this, kinda thought you read the topic, sorry :)

WallyWattz
02-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Awesome. THe flicker free thing worked. I'm now 8 tabling with blazing speed. Thx.