PDA

View Full Version : Config file as a pah file. (need help)

bazz
07-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Hey, i got some configs from a friend, and they were PAH files. So then i try to import them, its not working. Thank you for reading, and im looking forward to some help:)

Thanks agian.

Bazz.

bazz
07-03-2009, 10:15 AM
PAH could be pocker ace hud files..? maybe thats the reason:o

bazz
07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Okay, got the holdem manager cfg now... still not working, then i try to import it, i cannot see it. Its a XML Config file, the others i have which is working, are just XML document files. I have no clue about this, just trying to give some info.

fozzy71
07-03-2009, 11:22 AM
If the Config files were exported from HM they should be named ConfigName.XML . Those are the only type of files you will be able to import to the HUD.

Are the ones you received named ConfigName.XML.Config??

Make sure you can see known file extensions - http://www.fileinfo.com/help/windows-show-extensions.html

It is possible the person who exported them had file extensions hidden and re-named them incorrectly. Have you tried renaming them to remove the extra text behind the .XML?

bazz
07-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Its a XML configuation file.

fozzy71
07-03-2009, 02:41 PM
If he exported them thru the HM > HUD Options > Player Preferences > Export, they should be 'XML Documents'. Can you attach the files to a post please so I can take a look? There is a 'Manage Attachments' button below the reply editor when posting.

bazz
07-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Here it is, and thanks for the help.

fozzy71
07-03-2009, 03:47 PM
That is not a HUD config. That is the config for all of your other HM settings. It contains all your import folders, seating preferences, aliases, etc. Basically everything except your HUD.

Your complete HUD preferences and all your multiple HUD configs are contained in prefs.xml, pospref.txt, and pospref2.txt. If you want to export a single HUD config for someone else to use it will be saved as HudName.xml. Once they import that it will become part of their prefs.xml code as well.

If you ever had to reinstall HM, those 3 prefs files I mentioned will get your HUD back the way it used to be. The holdemmanager.config file is for restoring your preferences for within the HM GUI, not the HUD..

He needs to Export the HUD config thru the Player Preferences tab, and give it a name. It will be something like HudName.xml, not holdemmanager.config. He should be sending you a .xml file, not .config.