PDA

View Full Version : HEM HUD as a stand alone application?

BicVicTheQuick
07-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi,

I have used HEM only a few days as a trial up to now, but the program + PostgresSQL have slowed down my Laptop so much that I couldn't multitable any more (I admit that my laptop isn't the newest one :().

All I really need while multitabling SNG's, are the stats displayed by the HUD and I wonder if it would be possible to convert the HEM HUD into a stand alone application (meaning that HEM + Postgres don't need to be running while playing, similar to the RealTime HUD).

If that would be possible, I'd buy your software without a second thought (and probably many other 2p2'lers requesting the RealTime HUD as well).

Thanks for any feedback in advance.

cheers
Vic

netsrak
07-03-2009, 03:52 AM
I'm sorry but the structure of the program makes it impossible to generate a standalone HUD. The data for the HUD are taken from the postgresql database.

You could try to "tune" your laptop http://208.109.95.123/forum/showthread.php?p=62613&posted=1#post62613

BicVicTheQuick
07-03-2009, 04:20 AM
Thanks for your feedback netsrak.

What about creating a new "stand alone HUD" and sell it over your website. This can't be too hard esp. since Mike (which I understand is working now fulltime for Holdem Manager) has already created such a software (RealTime HUD).

This way you could generate some additional business with all those guys who have been using the RealTime HUD so far (I guess most of them can't use HEM due to their slow PC's).

madlion
07-03-2009, 06:11 AM
I think it would make little sense to produce software for old computers as everything built in the last two years is going to run it fine.

netsrak
07-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Just my thoughts:
- a new computer would cost you about 1000$
- the development of a new software for old computers would cost xy.000$
- how many people would buy such a solution?

I don't think it makes sense

BicVicTheQuick
07-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Just my thoughts:
- a new computer would cost you about 1000$
- the development of a new software for old computers would cost xy.000$
- how many people would buy such a solution?

I don't think it makes sense

Ok thanks...but "development of a new software" isn't exactly correct as the RealTime HUD already exists AND it was developed by Mike whom is part of your development team. It would be more of an "update" so it runs again with PS and sell it through your website.

This piece of software was free of charge so I don't think the development costs xy.000$

How many ppl. would buy such a solution? As always in Poker...it depends....on the price. I think a lot of ppl. have been using the RealTime HUD (also because it's a very, very uncomplicated piece of software) so there def. are some potential customers out there.

Nevertheless it seems that you are not interested in this, thanks anyways.

netsrak
07-03-2009, 08:22 AM
I am just a small support guy :)

I will send this thread to the developers to see what they think about it.

BicVicTheQuick
07-03-2009, 08:46 AM
I am just a small support guy :)

I will send this thread to the developers to see what they think about it.

Oh that would be great!! Vielen Dank mein Freund :)

netsrak
07-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Gern geschehen :)

Rvg72
07-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi, try closing down the hud while multitabling - you will see that even on a low end pc there is absolutely no lag on your system regardless of how many tables you have open. The problem is usually fixed by one of 4 things:

1) update your video card driver - this is the most frequent problem
2) turn off all opacity / transparency in the HUD Options - Player Prefs
3) if using Vista then turn off Aero theme and any other special affects
4) If using a laptop make sure it is plugged into the wall and not using some low power battery setting

Roy

Mike chops
07-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I'd add that if you are playing on Stars try switching off the pre-fetch one hand. The live tracking on other sites takes a lot of CPU too.

BicVicTheQuick
07-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Hi, try closing down the hud while multitabling - you will see that even on a low end pc there is absolutely no lag on your system regardless of how many tables you have open. The problem is usually fixed by one of 4 things:

1) update your video card driver - this is the most frequent problem
2) turn off all opacity / transparency in the HUD Options - Player Prefs
3) if using Vista then turn off Aero theme and any other special affects
4) If using a laptop make sure it is plugged into the wall and not using some low power battery setting

Roy

I would like to try your suggestions Roy but my trial period is already expired. What can I do to get a few days more to test your Software +your suggestions?

Thanks!