PDA

View Full Version : Date/Time Inconsitancy

The Minder
07-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, a programming lapse or just plain old stupidity on my part.

I've set the 'day starts at' offset to 12 hour as that is my time zone.

If I go into Cash Games > Sessions > Group By 'Day' all appears as it should do. I even tested this by playing a couple of hands 5 minutes before the time change over and then a couple more hands 5 minutes after the time changeover and HEM sorted the data into two separate 'sessions'... nice. If I set the filter to 'Today' no data apears. If I set the filter to 'Yesterday', today's data appears.

If I go into Tourney >Results > Data View and set the filter to "Today" (assuming I've played some tournies today, HEM shows no data. However, if I select the filter for 'Yesterday', todays (my time) data shows up.

Any suggestions?

netsrak
07-03-2009, 03:44 AM
For me here in Germany the Setting "Day starts at" to 6 works good.
But its always a problem if you play on different poker sites which have different timezones in their handhistories. And to make it even more complicate Stars has an option to define the timezone in their client.

So please give us some more details (what is your timezone, which sites are you playing) and some screenshots of the problem.

The Minder
07-23-2009, 03:21 AM
I'm not sure a screenshot will provide any more information than I have already given. My time zone is Western Australia and I play on Full Tile and Pokerstars. Today I have played in 10 SnGs and they do not appear when the 'Today' filter is selected but do appear when the filter is set to 'Yesterday'.

Btw, the time zone setting for both site's clients is set to the default... ET

netsrak
07-23-2009, 05:33 AM
Just try setting "Day starts at" so that it works for you.

The Minder
07-24-2009, 01:55 AM
Just try setting "Day starts at" so that it works for you.

Goodness. It appears that my OP was perhaps not clear enough so here it is in a nutshell.

1. I HAVE set the 'day starts at' to an appropriate amount.
2. There is no problem with cash games as the today/yesterday filter works fine.
3. There IS a problem with the tourney filter as today's (my time) tourneys do NOT show up unless I select 'yesterday' as the filter.

Personally, I think there's a bug/difference in the time extraction code for cash games vs tourneys. There is also a little thing called the International Date Line between me and the servers. Today for me is Tomorrow for the servers. Can I please just get a developer to look at this.

netsrak
07-24-2009, 05:34 AM
OK, i'll forward this to Roy for a statement.

dirtylobster
07-24-2009, 09:10 AM
This is a familiar issue. For example when I first play a session on Prima and then on FTP the FTP hands get graphed before because of the time zone difference. This has always bothered me but I've been too lazy to complain. "Set day starts at" also naturally behaves kind of inconsistently across sites. I'd appreciate a fix sometime in the future.

Rvg72
07-25-2009, 02:19 AM
This is a familiar issue. For example when I first play a session on Prima and then on FTP the FTP hands get graphed before because of the time zone difference. This has always bothered me but I've been too lazy to complain. "Set day starts at" also naturally behaves kind of inconsistently across sites. I'd appreciate a fix sometime in the future.

I think this is a different problem than OP but a problem nonetheless and it would "fix" the issue for the OP. This will be corrected

Roy

Rvg72
07-25-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug, a programming lapse or just plain old stupidity on my part.

I've set the 'day starts at' offset to 12 hour as that is my time zone.

If I go into Cash Games > Sessions > Group By 'Day' all appears as it should do. I even tested this by playing a couple of hands 5 minutes before the time change over and then a couple more hands 5 minutes after the time changeover and HEM sorted the data into two separate 'sessions'... nice. If I set the filter to 'Today' no data apears. If I set the filter to 'Yesterday', today's data appears.

If I go into Tourney >Results > Data View and set the filter to "Today" (assuming I've played some tournies today, HEM shows no data. However, if I select the filter for 'Yesterday', todays (my time) data shows up.

Any suggestions?

In your hands tab does the "Today" filter work as expected? I checked the code for the tourney results dataview and it does adjust for the time of day start. One unique thing is that it ONLY looks at the first hand. So if the first hand appeared "yesterday" based on your start time of day then the entire tourney would be marked as yesterday

Roy

The Minder
07-26-2009, 12:25 AM
In your hands tab does the "Today" filter work as expected? I checked the code for the tourney results dataview and it does adjust for the time of day start. One unique thing is that it ONLY looks at the first hand. So if the first hand appeared "yesterday" based on your start time of day then the entire tourney would be marked as yesterday

Roy

I totally agree with the bolded statement.

However, Houston we have a problem. I started playing SnGs at 1000 26Jul09 my time which is 2200 25Jul09 server time. Damn me for an Irishman if the Today filter for tourneys didn't show the correct data. I felt like a complete idiot. The Hands tab also showed all correct data for my version of 'today'. Very frustrating.

I kept playing and at about 1201 26Jul09 (my time), 0001 26Jul09 (server time) all the 'Today' data disappeared from the tourney tab (with filter set to 'Today') and from the Hands tab (with filter also set to today)!!!!!!!!!! The data returns if I set 'Yesterday' as the filter.

There is definitely something wrong.

The Minder
07-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Bump

Anyone investigating this?

netsrak
07-28-2009, 04:54 AM
I'll send Roy a link to this thread again...

Rvg72
07-28-2009, 07:30 PM
I totally agree with the bolded statement.

However, Houston we have a problem. I started playing SnGs at 1000 26Jul09 my time which is 2200 25Jul09 server time. Damn me for an Irishman if the Today filter for tourneys didn't show the correct data. I felt like a complete idiot. The Hands tab also showed all correct data for my version of 'today'. Very frustrating.

I kept playing and at about 1201 26Jul09 (my time), 0001 26Jul09 (server time) all the 'Today' data disappeared from the tourney tab (with filter set to 'Today') and from the Hands tab (with filter also set to today)!!!!!!!!!! The data returns if I set 'Yesterday' as the filter.

There is definitely something wrong.

ok we'll take another look at figuring this out

ynot
08-04-2009, 08:42 PM
not sure if I understood everything here or if this relates to my problem.

I live in Norway, central european time. I usually play from 9am the earliest and 4am the latest. I would like my pokerdays in HEM to cover this, with a day that starts at 6am.

If I filter the hands played at july 25th, I want HEM to show all hands played after 6am july 25th until 5.59am july 26th. This is not the case today if I set the day starts at 6.

How do I fix this?

netsrak
08-05-2009, 03:18 AM
9am to 4am?
I guess you mean 4pm?
Which pokersite?

You should try different settings for Day starts at so that it fits your needs. I for myself have set it to 5 am but you may need 4 or 3

ynot
08-05-2009, 03:57 AM
eh no..i dont mean 4pm :P That would force me to play all my hands during a very short 7 hour span :P

I play all my hands after 09:00 and before 04:00, and I have played around with all hours for the "day starts at" and it still doesnt work.

If I chose to look at "todays" hands I of course get the correct hands, but if I chose todays specific date I can get 0 hands.

netsrak
08-05-2009, 06:25 AM
In the moment this is caused because we take the time from the handhistory file.
I hope this will be fixed in the next releases.

ynot
08-05-2009, 07:31 AM
but isnt that exactly what that setting is suppose to fix? Or does it only work for the "Today/Yesterday" setting? Shouldnt be a big fix then?

netsrak
08-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Its only for the today / yesterday setting

ynot
08-05-2009, 08:58 AM
ah ok. But this will be added/fixed?

The Minder
08-12-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm going to bump this as I may have found some additional info.

In this thread http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15565 a solution was given for applying the same 'date' filter across many tabs. I thought that was damned usefull as I had also grumbled about having to set date filters individually across the tabs. However I noticed something.

Going into Options -> Miscellaneous Options -> and selecting something results in an orange box with a check mark appearing next to that item indicating the action has been selected. However, setting a parameter for the Options -> Miscellaneous Options ->Set Day Starts At option does NOT result in the check box appearing even though a time has been set and works on some tabs.

Mean anything to any of the developers???

fozzy71
08-13-2009, 01:24 AM
I believe the Check Marks are only on options that are 'On or Off' options. Options that have choices or multiple settings do not use the check marks, because there is a new dialog window that will open you choose those options.

The Minder
08-13-2009, 02:57 AM
I believe the Check Marks are only on options that are 'On or Off' options. Options that have choices or multiple settings do not use the check marks, because there is a new dialog window that will open you choose those options.

Bummer. Then I guess I'll just have to wait for a bug fix release. Looks like several other people are having the same issue as well.

thakilla
10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I didn't want to start a new thread, because I'm sure someone else has had my problem and it has been addressed elsewhere. Although, I did look and couldn't find anything. I used to have a problem that when I played on both stars and full tilt at the same time that it would count some of my hours played twice. Then I realized that I needed to change the pokerstars clock to Eastern Time so that it would match Full Tilt's clock. That corrected my problem. However, I have started playing some on Ultimate Bet while playing on stars and/or full tilt and the problem is happening again. I assumed that UB had a different time setting, but they were already set on Eastern Time. Is there anyway to fix this? It hurts my feelings when I look at my hourly rate and it is half of what it should be!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa302/pncruse/Hoursarewrong.jpg?t=1255034171

My session was only 3 hour and 54 minutes long (234 minutes total), but it says I played 355 minutes and 5.92 hours in the time span...IMPOSSIBLE!

dirtylobster
10-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah I really hope they fix this and the currency stuff (tell the difference between $/€/£ tables) for the next release like planned.