PDA

View Full Version : same database shows more hands viewing from laptop than from main pc

PizzzaTonno
10-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Yesterday I installed everything from scratch on my new pc and set up the HEM-database so hands played from both pc/laptop automatically import to it and that i can view the entire DB from my laptop, too (works without problem). Then I imported all the hands that I played this year.
Weirdly, in the reports-tab on the laptop it shows 7k more hands this year than when I use the same reports-tab on my desktop pc where the DB actually runs on. I have restarted both PCs etc so this is not an issue.
I also exported the hands again from my laptop and imported them on my pc, but according to it all were duplicate hands. But somehow it doesn't show them.

Why might my PC not show all hands from my alias even though they clearly are in the DB?

Thanks,
Tom

fozzy71
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Yesterday I installed everything from scratch on my new pc and set up the HEM-database so hands played from both pc/laptop automatically import to it and that i can view the entire DB from my laptop, too (works without problem). Then I imported all the hands that I played this year.
Weirdly, in the reports-tab on the laptop it shows 7k more hands this year than when I use the same reports-tab on my desktop pc where the DB actually runs on. I have restarted both PCs etc so this is not an issue.

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Filter > Clear and then Filter > Use for all. Also try enabling the Options > Settings... > Miscellaneous > [x] Auto apply filter changes to all tabs.

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser) and change your Windows Control Panel > Regional Settings Format to English (USA).

I also exported the hands again from my laptop and imported them on my pc, but according to it all were duplicate hands. But somehow it doesn't show them.

If they both share the same database this would not help your problems. You are exporting from, and importing to, the same database.

Why might my PC not show all hands from my alias even though they clearly are in the DB?

Thanks,
Tom

Are you searching an Alias or a single screen name?

If the steps above don't fix the issues, please reproduce the problem and attach a screen shot - Capture a Screen Shot of your Desktop or the Active Window in Windows (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm)

PizzzaTonno
10-07-2011, 08:34 AM
clearing the filter and hitting "use for all" did it for me even though i'm sure there was no filter selected on my pc before it.
Thanks for the help.
Now there are only like 5-15 hands missing for some months compared to the old database but that seems really minor.

fozzy71
10-07-2011, 09:36 AM
clearing the filter and hitting "use for all" did it for me even though i'm sure there was no filter selected on my pc before it.

Yes, that is an annoying bug that appears for a few customers from time to time. Thank you for letting me know it solved your problems. It helps me when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.