PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Importing Limitations?

MellowYellow
10-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Hey I was just wondering if there is a limit at how fast hands can be imported. I read up on the ways to improve HEM and set it as high priority and most of the other things listed, but I still dont seem to get over about 80 hands/sec and sometimes as low as 60. It doesn't seem to matter really what computer i use.

My current computer has a Solid State hdd, a i7 quad core and 4 gigs of ram. It shows that my ram and processor speed are no where NEAR maxed out but the import still isnt going any faster than on my older laptop. Is this normal?

fozzy71
10-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Many other things can affect import speed, such as file size, cash or tourney hands, original or exported hands, file types, etc. I have an SSD and HM1 import speeds below 100 h/s are not uncommon when testing hands from different customers.

Check this thread - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

I have mostly been testing HM2 lately, so I decided to do a little comparison for myself.

The other day I imported 704 exported hand history files (mostly cash hands) from HM1 and imported them to HM2. HM2 imported them at over 300 h/s while HM1 is currently importing the same hands at 40 h/s. I have an Intel X25-m 160gb SSD.